Learn Who Will Play Dwight Schrute’s Nazi Uncle On THE OFFICE And Likely THE FARM!!
Tom Bower, who played stammering airport janitor Marvin in “Die Hard 2,” has been cast as Dwight Schrute’s Great Uncle Heinrich, a likely Nazi war criminal, in an upcoming episode of “The Office.”
That episode will serve as a backdoor pilot for “The Farm,” an “Office” spin-off that will offer a closer look at Dwight’s family and the bed-and-breakfast he runs at the Schrute beet farm.
Others who recently joined the cast of the episode/pilot include Matt Jones (“Breaking Bad”) as Dwight’s cousin Zeke, Thomas Middleditch (“The Campaign”) as Dwight’s marijuana-farming brother and Majandra Delfino (“Roswell”) as Dwight’s sarcastic, more worldly sister.
“Parks and Recreation” showrunner Mike Schur, who has long played Dwight’s cousin Mose on “The Office,” will not be a regular on “The Farm” should it go to series.
Find all of Deadline’s exclusive on the matter here.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Aug. 27, 2012, 4:10 a.m. CST
Who am I kidding. This is a worse idea for a sitcom than Cavemen. Kill this show idea NOW! NBC is just bleeding out at this point.
Aug. 27, 2012, 5:10 a.m. CST
Please make it stop....
Aug. 27, 2012, 5:42 a.m. CST
Aug. 27, 2012, 6:28 a.m. CST
I guess they won't be on this show. This show has been hit or miss since the 4th season, but there was a lot of hit in there. Ever since Michael left, though, it's been terrible. It's just been a hollow shell, and very difficult to watch. If they're this tapped out, I don't see how a spin-off has any hope.
Aug. 27, 2012, 6:47 a.m. CST
Is the Scranton strangler.
Aug. 27, 2012, 7:04 a.m. CST
...he also played Dennis and Sweet Dee's nazi grandfather on Always Sunny.
Aug. 27, 2012, 7:39 a.m. CST
Beating a dead horse people. They're just beating a dead horse... As far as Mose is concerned; perhaps a 'little is enough' for his appearances. His 'mystique' won't be burned out that way.
Aug. 27, 2012, 8:03 a.m. CST
Just like Delfino! Just saying......
Aug. 27, 2012, 8:57 a.m. CST
What an awful idea
Aug. 27, 2012, 9:10 a.m. CST
This show doesn't sound promising.
Aug. 27, 2012, 10:12 a.m. CST
I have no idea what that means, but I felt compelled to say it.
Aug. 27, 2012, 10:12 a.m. CST
Hello? Hogan's Heroes?
Aug. 27, 2012, 10:45 a.m. CST
Aug. 27, 2012, 11:22 a.m. CST
but, yeah, they worked for the Nazis so it's kinda splitting hairs
Aug. 27, 2012, 11:30 a.m. CST
The Producers. Dr. Strangelove. Two of the greatest (or at least greatER, if you're some sort of contrarian) comedies ever.
The show improved tenfold after Carell left. He was by far one of the least funny characters, and the show succeeded all those years in spite of him.
Aug. 27, 2012, 11:38 a.m. CST
Cool to see that Breaking Bad is paying off for Matt Jones. That opening scene he did with DJ Qualls as the undercover cop trying to buy meth on Breaking Bad might have been one of the funniest things I've seen in a while.
Aug. 27, 2012, 11:53 a.m. CST
We saw the episode where Pan and Jim stay at the B&B. Unless he gets rich and builds a huge, new house, it's going to be the same thing over and over. You know they're going to rip off a few Fawlty Towers episodes. Is Rainn's career that bad that he can't get roles in movies?
Aug. 27, 2012, 12:22 p.m. CST
by Darth Busey
Aug. 27, 2012, 2:02 p.m. CST
by Andrew Coleman
The German soldiers who fought in the war most were not "Nazi's" just were soldiers in the military. The Nazi party ran the country. So are American soldiers fighting today all Republicans or Democrats? No so why would all the Germans be under one party? This has been something that has bothered me because of how obvious it is.
Aug. 27, 2012, 2:03 p.m. CST
They were regular Germans. The Nazis were represented by Burkhalter and Hochstedder. And the show did make an effort to differentiate between the two.
Aug. 27, 2012, 2:36 p.m. CST
by Bass Ackwards
I've missed something here?
Aug. 27, 2012, 2:41 p.m. CST
Aug. 27, 2012, 4:05 p.m. CST
Wasn't he Gestapo or SS? Probably had to be a true believer to get that black uniform, if I'm remembering him correctly. Regardless, a_banned_apart was spot on with his two choices. I have to catch myself from whistling Springtime for Hitler at the office.
Aug. 27, 2012, 5 p.m. CST
Yes, you missed all 6 seasons of Hogan's Heroes (and, some would argue, the movie Stalag 17).
Aug. 27, 2012, 5:01 p.m. CST
Aug. 27, 2012, 5:13 p.m. CST
Tom Bower was born in 1938...
Aug. 27, 2012, 5:41 p.m. CST
by Son of a Butch
Aug. 27, 2012, 6:06 p.m. CST
WWII ended in 1945. That's 67 years ago. Even a twenty year old Nazi when the war ended would be close to 90 at this point. It's not particularly believable that Dwight would have a grandfather who fought in WWII (for either side) still alive at this point.
Aug. 27, 2012, 6:24 p.m. CST
Last census noted roughly 2 million people in America are over 90. There's 1.7 million WWII vets still alive. It's not beyond the realm of believability--but Bower will possibly/probably need to spend some time in the makeup chair to appear that age.
Aug. 27, 2012, 6:39 p.m. CST
by Sam Lloyd
Aug. 27, 2012, 6:50 p.m. CST
He also played Dennis and Sweet Dee's Nazi "Pop Pop".
Aug. 27, 2012, 8:30 p.m. CST
by Bass Ackwards
And you're right on both counts, I haven't seen either.
Aug. 27, 2012, 9:19 p.m. CST
Aug. 28, 2012, 4:04 p.m. CST
so you can see check it out if you are ever inclined. It's a show I enjoyed when I was young (saw it in syndicated reruns) but I don't know how well it holds up today (I seem to recall it had a laugh-track). However, I highly recommend Stalag 17.
- ‘He’s Worse Than Anybody!!’ Sunday Brings HBO’s Season Finale Of TRUE DETECTIVE!! -- 208 total posts 72 posts
- Darker ZORRO Reboot Finds its Writer! -- 308 total posts 7 posts
- ‘We Got Six Bullets!!’ Sunday Brings WALKING DEAD 4.13!! -- 85 total posts 7 posts
- Hercules Says RESURRECTION Is Easily The Best Broadcast Pilot Of The 2013-14 Season And ABC’s Best Pilot In Years!! -- 44 total posts 6 posts
- Lena Dunham Hosts SNL!! Sagan COSMOS Marathon On NGC!! New UNIVERSE, OUTRAGEOUS ACTS OF SCIENCE & BLACK SAILS!! SWAMP PAWN, RAISING WHITLEY, SCORNED, COPS & CRAZY HEARTS Finales!! Hallmark’s A RING BY SPRING!! Lifetime’s A TRIP TO BOUNTIFUL!! Herc’s Saturday TV Talkback!! -- 36 total posts 5 posts
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 219 total posts 4 posts
- Spring Forward With Lauren Cohen & Sonequa Martin-Green On TALKING DEAD!! Data Brokers On 60 MINUTES!! The Premieres Of Fox’s COSMOS, Lohan’s LINDSAY & Carolla’s CATCH A CONTRATOR!! The Returns Of BURGERS, SIMPSONS, GUY, ONCE & REVENGE!! New GIRLS, ISLAND, AMAZING, SHAMELESS, FIANCE, WIVES, AX!! KARDASHIANS & LOOKING Finales!! Herc’s Sunday TV Talkback!! -- 6 total posts 3 posts
- Jeremy Returns With More Tales From The CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER Set! -- 91 total posts 3 posts
- SXSW 2014: Nordling Reviews BOYHOOD! -- 7 total posts 2 posts
- Merrick Stands Up In The Milky Way To Be Pummeled By The Greatness Of COSMOS: A SPACETIME ODYSSEY!! -- 44 total posts 2 posts