The Trailer For BANGKOK REVENGE Is Exactly What It Sounds Like!!
The Kidd here...
Some days you just need some martial arts in your life. Today is that day with China Lion Entertainment passing along the trailer for Jean-Marc Minéo's BANGKOK REVENGE.
If there's one thing I've picked up from movies over the years, it's that you should never leave a kid alive if you're going to go ahead and murder their parents in front of them. You know they're just going to train their ass off to seek vengeance later in life, and who knows what you'll be up to then? You could have left that lifestyle behind long ago, but it doesn't matter. They've still got revenge on their mind, and now you're fucked. When will people ever learn?
BANGKOK REVENGE lands in theatres on September 14.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Aug. 23, 2012, 5:30 p.m. CST
by D o o d
Aug. 23, 2012, 5:43 p.m. CST
Brain Cox was GREAT in that!
Aug. 23, 2012, 5:47 p.m. CST
...I thought this was a parody of a John Woo flick.
Aug. 23, 2012, 6:01 p.m. CST
did something happen that I missed?
Aug. 23, 2012, 6:08 p.m. CST
not sure what happened there, but odd.
Aug. 23, 2012, 6:14 p.m. CST
Looks like a heartwarming family flick. And John Foo is the greatest action name ever.
Aug. 23, 2012, 6:25 p.m. CST
Because they are idiots and don't know we can discuss how fucking horrible this hack of a remake will be.
Aug. 23, 2012, 6:32 p.m. CST
Yes, that's what I gathered from the 1 second of white-chick footage in the trailer.
Aug. 23, 2012, 6:35 p.m. CST
Aug. 23, 2012, 7:02 p.m. CST
No dialogue in the trailer? You pussies afraid to drop a little Engrish on us? C'mon, that's half the reason I love me some chop-socky cinema! Anyhow, didn't quite grab my interest enough to want to see it, but I think it avoided any obvious uses of wire, and I appreciate that. Really hate that effect, takes all the cool out of martial arts. Hope the lead does get the white girl -read: full on bangs the shit out of her and she just totally falls for him- and not the Replacement Killers tactic where Yun-Fat just shares a meaningful glance with Mira Sorvino and disappears. After all he went through he totally should have tapped that ass, or at least gotten a serious handy. Who's with me?! Tang for the Asian Gang! It's only fair.
Aug. 23, 2012, 7:04 p.m. CST
Aug. 23, 2012, 7:07 p.m. CST
Come on!! Surely? I know it's not, strictly speaking, kung fu. But nor is this, strictly speaking, a proper website.
Aug. 23, 2012, 7:09 p.m. CST
Dr. Ken's Spin-off from The Hangover 2. At least that's what I was imagining.
Aug. 23, 2012, 7:49 p.m. CST
by Teddy Artery
The funny thing about this is that the expression of anger in public is considered rude and inappropriate in Thailand. These action films are completely aimed at the world market.
Aug. 23, 2012, 8:32 p.m. CST
Is it just me, or are there others who feel the whole "parents/loved ones killed, get revenge" story has been done to hell and back and hell again? Geez
Aug. 23, 2012, 8:38 p.m. CST
him and David Belle should do a film together
Aug. 23, 2012, 8:46 p.m. CST
http://youtu.be/Sptm01ESx5E?t=3m13s Rivals the best of Hong Kong action.
Aug. 23, 2012, 9:04 p.m. CST
Shitey ripoff can go fuck itself!
Aug. 23, 2012, 10:47 p.m. CST
Tony Jaa signed the contract to shoot Tom Yam Goong 2, which is expected to come out some time in 2013 (but in thailand, they're not really good with deadlines...) anyway, I live in Bangkok and always happy to see "western" movies taking place in this amazing city! Can't wait for the new Winding Refn film!
Aug. 23, 2012, 11 p.m. CST
by Ed Travis
...double checked before clicking submit and I was correct. Looks watchable! Kickboxer meets Death Wish?
Aug. 23, 2012, 11:15 p.m. CST
by Bill C.
I mean, c'mon...the trailer (and probably film) basically goes death death bear training montage violence violence violence flippityflip kick violence scared white chick violence angsty scream BLOCK TITLE. One second, literally, of Random White Chick does not fit the apparent action plan for this movie.
Aug. 23, 2012, 11:16 p.m. CST
Oh well, there goes my interest...
Aug. 23, 2012, 11:26 p.m. CST
Aug. 24, 2012, 12:15 a.m. CST
I thought this was about a GI on leave getting revenge for a bad case of the clap for a Thai ladyboy
Aug. 24, 2012, 4:39 a.m. CST
Aug. 24, 2012, 8:19 a.m. CST
No No. "My name is "Ding Fat" You Want "Wing Fat"
Aug. 24, 2012, 8:51 a.m. CST
by Bill C.
Aug. 24, 2012, 9:24 a.m. CST
Kind of like what they did with Walk Hard. Will Ferrel witnesses John C. Riely kill his step uncle. He then loses the rest of his family to a Killer Whale attack at Sea World. He has no choice but to train and get revenge of the monster that killed his uncle. On the way he can have a mano y mano battle with Shamu himself. (or Whamu since this is a parody)
Aug. 24, 2012, 10:27 a.m. CST
I'd watch it
Aug. 24, 2012, 1:06 p.m. CST
This trailer has been out a while now, when the film was called Bangkok Rennaissance, so this is really old information except for the name change. For those of you who don't know Jon Foo, he was the sword fighter Tony Jaa tangled with in The Protector (The temple fight) He was also the star of Tekken as Jin Kazama. Not the most terrible film, but not great either. He has some potential, but I don't really see it in this film.
Aug. 24, 2012, 2:25 p.m. CST
by Darr Furr
Come on....!!!! Bangkok......
- Fox has hired a pair of writers to get a FLASH GORDON movie off the ground! -- 132 total posts 53 posts
- Today's STAR WARS: EPISODE VII Status Report: Casting "Almost Complete", Second Unit Shooting Underway! -- 272 total posts 16 posts
- IT'S A SMALL WORLD: THE MOVIE directed by Jon Turteltaub is a real thing Disney wants to make! -- 34 total posts 14 posts
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 261 total posts 13 posts
- A thief will elude capture using interstellar teleportation in Doug Liman's RAILHEAD! -- 20 total posts 10 posts
- ‘So Who Wants To Go First??’ Amy Acker Is The Cellist In Joss Whedon’s AGENTS OF SHIELD!! ELSEWHERE & ER On PIONEERS OF TELEVISION!! New AWKWARD, SWAP, BOY, STORAGE, SCHUMER, TOSH, GLEE, FIRE, MINDY, DUSK, ORIGINALS, SUPERNATURAL, FARGO, FISHER & VOICE!! CONTAINER Finale!! Don Rickles On KIMMEL!! Natalie Dormer On SETH!! Stephen Colbert On LETTERMAN!! Elizabeth Warren On THE DAILY SHOW!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 138 total posts 10 posts
- 4th Week of April 2014's PICKS & PEEKS: SORCERER, GET CARTER, PAWNBROKER, Slasher horror & more!!! -- 118 total posts 7 posts
Learn What’s Ahead
For GAME OF THRONES!! -- 29 total posts 7 posts
- Tina Fey and Amy Poehler's THE NEST is now set to take on Luke Skywalker and friends in December 2015! -- 28 total posts 6 posts
- Jessica Chastain to play Marilyn Monroe for Andrew Dominik in BLONDE! -- 43 total posts 6 posts