An Exclusive Clip From Luke Goss' INTERVIEW WITH A HITMAN!!
This Monday, August 27, sees the home entertainment release of action star Luke Goss' latest effort, INTERVIEW WITH A HITMAN. If you're used to seeing him playing a human wrecking ball, take-no-prisoners kind of a guy in the likes of the HELLBOY sequel and the DEATH RACE movies, then INTERVIEW WITH A HITMAN may surprise you as, despite its dark subject matter and a story that essentially revolves around the way of the gun, the film is more of a character piece with merely a helping of action rather than an abundance, and instead relies on interpersonal drama.
Here's the official blurb:
Trust No one. Feel nothing. Never lose: this is the mantra that has helped a ruthless Eastern European assassin rise to the pinnacle of his profession. Raised in the harsh slums of Romania, Victor knows the value of life more than most, which makes him the perfect killer. But after being betrayed by the very men who made him, he must fake his own death and escape to London. Here he joins a new gangster family and finds his rules are again put to the test in the midst of a vicious underworld power struggle. Viktor is now better, faster and more ruthless than ever before. With the secrets of his past refusing to fade away, an encounter with a dark beauty turns his world on its head and offers him the chance for a new life. But can he ever escape the existence he was born into? It is not long before a deadly threat from a past he thought long buried surfaces and he is forced to change his path. It is time to face that which cannot be forgotten.
To mark next week's DVD and Blu-ray release courtesy of Kaleidoscope Entertainment, we have an AICN-exclusive clip from the film showing Goss' character Viktor in his youth growing up on the wrong side of the tracks in Eastern Europe.
Enjoy the clip, and while you're here, check out my interview (beware of spoilers) with the man himself from earlier this summer. We delved deep into character motivations, audience expectations and all that good stuff. Luke always gives great interviews, so give it a read.
Follow me on Twitter!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Aug. 21, 2012, 7:02 a.m. CST
Been a while.
Aug. 21, 2012, 7:14 a.m. CST
Because, apparently, del Toro is the only one who gives a damn about putting Goss to work in movies that don't lick ass. Seriously. I'm thinking Guillermo either needs to buy the rights to Michael Moorcock's Elric books or create his own anti-hero character that he can build into a franchise and get Goss some steady work.
Aug. 21, 2012, 8:04 a.m. CST
But when will he be famous?
Aug. 21, 2012, 8:34 a.m. CST
I probably would've joined Nuada rather than mankind :)
Aug. 21, 2012, 10:56 a.m. CST
by ben sheppard
Tagline in the making.
Aug. 21, 2012, 10:59 a.m. CST
I can't answer that!!!
Aug. 21, 2012, 11:41 a.m. CST
by Blarg Barfington
He was great in Blade II, but fucking PHENOMINAL in Hellboy II.
Aug. 21, 2012, 1:23 p.m. CST
by BADBOYBROM HC
I'm sure you were all tearing each other to pieces for this one
Aug. 21, 2012, 1:54 p.m. CST
by D o o d
Aug. 21, 2012, 6:32 p.m. CST
Damn, you're right: he COULD play Elric!
Aug. 22, 2012, 7:28 a.m. CST
Luke Goss needs a breakthrough role -- he's always the best thing in any direct to dvd stuff I've seen him in... yes, including Death Race 2. He seems like a good guy too.
Aug. 22, 2012, 11:56 a.m. CST
I can never tell which Goss it is, the singer or the one who used to mime bass. Definitely not Ken the drummer
Aug. 22, 2012, 12:37 p.m. CST
"You were always his favorite.." Great performance from the Villian who almost handed Blade's ass to him.
Aug. 22, 2012, 12:38 p.m. CST
Aug. 22, 2012, 1:32 p.m. CST
by Adam Stephen Kelly
Luke Goss was the drummer in Bros. and he's an excellent actor.
- After writing Gareth Edwards' STAR WARS flick, Gary Whitta will move on to Mark Millar's STARLIGHT! -- 183 total posts 27 posts
- DOCTOR WHO S08E05 ‘Time Heist’ Reader Reaction Begins Now!! + HornOrSilk’s ‘Domain Of The Voord’ Big Finish Audio Review, Synopses For Upcoming S8 Eps, And More!! UPDATE RE: UPCOMING UK TIME CHANGE!! -- 163 total posts 26 posts
- CBS, The Only Network Without A Superhero Show, Just Ordered To Series Berlanti’s SUPERGIRL!! -- 67 total posts 21 posts
- Capone says Kevin Smith's wonderfully grotesque TUSK falters when it tries too hard to be funny!!! -- 61 total posts 20 posts
- The GODZILLA Sequel Has A Writer!! -- 212 total posts 19 posts
- Papa Vinyard talks with Rose McGowan about her first project as a director and the DAWN Film Festival she's curating this week in downtown Los Angeles! -- 30 total posts 19 posts
- The Additions of Sam Elliott and DEADWOOD’s Garret Dillahunt Suggest That The Final Season Of JUSTIFIED Will Own Us All!! -- 31 total posts 12 posts
- Harry @ Fantastic Fest 2014: TUSK, REALITI, CUB, TALE OF PRINCESS KAGUYA, HIVE, MAN FROM RENO & FREE FALL! -- 11 total posts 11 posts
- Capone's Art-House Round-Up with THE DISAPPEARANCE OF ELEANOR RIGBY: THEM and Terry Gilliam's THE ZERO THEOREM!!! -- 24 total posts 10 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of Tomorrow's THE STRAIN, The Next HOMELAND, Fox’s GOTHAM, Showtime’s THE AFFAIR, ABC’s FOREVER, CBS’ SCORPION & MADAM SECRETARY, Scott Frank’s A WALK AMONG THE TOMBSTONES And The Latest MARVEL, DC & SNL News!! Plus The Return Of Horrorella!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 10pm PT / Sunday 1am ET!! -- 9 total posts 9 posts