THE REVENANT also has a not for babies trailer with a fair amount of viscera!!!
Hey folks, Harry here... I've been pimping this wonderful cult genre film since I first saw it at Cinevegas... which feels like a half decade ago, but I know it hasn't been that long. Kerry Prior is a VFX badass that has been doing wonderful work in the business for years and he managed to pull favors and money enough to shoot this film the way he wanted to. The result is a genre film of rare awesomeness. Now, I'm not a huge fan of this trailer - it gives more away than I would like, but at the same time, I get it, they want to show a bunch, especially for a Red-Band trailer... but know this, as much as you're seeing, this film goes in directions that I absolutely predict you won't predict. Here's the goodies...
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Aug. 17, 2012, 6:29 p.m. CST
by jimmy rabbitte
Aug. 17, 2012, 6:33 p.m. CST
Aug. 17, 2012, 6:39 p.m. CST
Or Zombies that need blood or Vampires that look like Zombies? In any case, I wanna see it. I like twisted, fucked up, bloody movies. (Shut up!!! I'm normal!)
Aug. 17, 2012, 6:57 p.m. CST
That was a pretty shitty and spoilerific edit-job. The film is a lot more fun, although suffers from some pacing issues - starts slowly and outstays its welcome towards the end. There are a couple of different versions out there though, so they may have fixed those issues in this release.
Aug. 17, 2012, 7:21 p.m. CST
by Captain Happy
Great premise. Funny. Irreverent. I had an idea like this years ago & I'm really glad somebody got off their ass & made it. I'm there.
Aug. 17, 2012, 7:53 p.m. CST
Aug. 17, 2012, 7:54 p.m. CST
i cant recall any or everything i seen him in, but he always reminds me of a hillybilly version of aaron paul. or maybe aaron paul is a hiphop version of that guy? but successful that is
Aug. 17, 2012, 8:02 p.m. CST
If this film is supposed to be good, this trailer did it no favors in making me think so. Looks low budget and low brow.
Aug. 17, 2012, 8:28 p.m. CST
BUT WITH THIS NEWS WHO CARES!?
Aug. 17, 2012, 8:28 p.m. CST
Aug. 17, 2012, 8:28 p.m. CST
Aug. 17, 2012, 8:36 p.m. CST
Ok. You're done with the whole "Looks like something _______ would make if he had no talent."You're a very creative individual, but you're done.
Aug. 17, 2012, 8:38 p.m. CST
Aug. 17, 2012, 9:14 p.m. CST
but we'll see!
Aug. 18, 2012, 1:56 a.m. CST
by Balkin Flabgurter
what is this? heavyweights???
Aug. 18, 2012, 7:20 a.m. CST
Aug. 18, 2012, 7:51 a.m. CST
I would get very hyped about it at all if I were you, its actually a bit bland and boring.
Aug. 18, 2012, 8:24 a.m. CST
Hits all the right notes for me. The effects work is great, it's got some great twists I didn't see coming. It's not gory for gores sake like torture porn, but it is violent as all hell. It's got humorous bits, but it's not as over the top like the last two Evil Deads were. Well made, big budget looking(for the most part) and one of my fave films.
Aug. 18, 2012, 8:33 a.m. CST
Aug. 18, 2012, 8:49 a.m. CST
gives SO much of it away! WTF!
Aug. 18, 2012, 11:04 a.m. CST
Aug. 18, 2012, 11:54 a.m. CST
And love how the marketing people have decided that he's a filmmaker as opposed to a director. But I guess it's true. He DID make a film. Don't know if we can call him a director yet. Looks like it was written after a marathon of ReAnimator and Shaun Of The Dead viewings. Maybe I just get real suspicious when AICN calls a movie THE NEXT GREAT THING. And yes, he did work on The Abyss, Air Force One, the Phantasm's, and others...so did hundreds of other effect artists...what makes him a VFX badass?
Aug. 18, 2012, 11:56 a.m. CST
and i hated the way it was edited together - made if feel like a bunch of unrelated stories strung together. really poor execution of a not-terrible idea.
Aug. 18, 2012, 12:21 p.m. CST
Both have that weaselly look about them, I guess.
Aug. 18, 2012, 12:24 p.m. CST
Aug. 18, 2012, 2:49 p.m. CST
by Nurman Vistosky
... by AICN.
Aug. 18, 2012, 5:53 p.m. CST
yes. that's awesomely bad. i can only hope it's fukin entertaining. love the miss mashyness of it all. effing obnoxiously abrasively fucked up kick your ass cool, definitely not fucking huey lewis vanilla.
Aug. 18, 2012, 6:25 p.m. CST
I think the 'from visionary filmaker' thing is part of the joke champ. God some people are so dense.
Aug. 19, 2012, 9:58 p.m. CST
The movie is too long, the script is redundant and has rhythm problems. And there's an scene with a dildo and a head that is disgusting and not funny. Also is difficult to empatize with the characters, But the last minute it has a good idea. Nothing else.
Aug. 19, 2012, 10:05 p.m. CST
And the jokes are forced. There were some subplots with the girlfriend and another girl that I didn't care at all. I personally didn't like it. But give it a try, maybe some people will like it.
Aug. 20, 2012, 9:35 a.m. CST
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 130 total posts 130 posts
- Learn What Happens Next On HBO’s GAME OF THRONES!! -- 137 total posts 61 posts
- All 13 Season-Six Episodes Of CLONE WARS Land On Netflix!! Joan Jett On LETTERMAN!! Kenan Thompson On MEYERS!! TRAIN YOUR DRAGON On FX DOWNLOAD!! New HANNIBAL, FIVE-0, GRIMM, BLOODS, LAST MAN, NEIGHBORS, ELISTED, HOPE, BANSHEE, TREEHOUSE, GOLD & SMACKDOWN!! Herc’s Friday TV Talkback!! -- 89 total posts 55 posts
- Darker ZORRO Reboot Finds its Writer! -- 253 total posts 49 posts
- Fox Renews For Next Season THE MINDY PROJECT, THE FOLLOWING, BROOKLYN NINE-NINE And NEW GIRL!! -- 53 total posts 36 posts
- Quint eats up Jon Favreau's CHEF, opening night flick of SXSW 2014! -- 29 total posts 29 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Chats Up BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER / ED WOOD Icon (And Hollywood Royalty) Juliet Landau!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 10pm PT / Sunday 1am ET!! -- 25 total posts 25 posts
- Lena Dunham Hosts SNL!! Sagan COSMOS Marathon On NGC!! New UNIVERSE, OUTRAGEOUS ACTS OF SCIENCE & BLACK SAILS!! SWAMP PAWN, RAISING WHITLEY, SCORNED, COPS & CRAZY HEARTS Finales!! Hallmark’s A RING BY SPRING!! Lifetime’s A TRIP TO BOUNTIFUL!! Herc’s Saturday TV Talkback!! -- 24 total posts 24 posts
- Karen Gillan has Night Terrors in this First OCULUS Clip! -- 21 total posts 21 posts
- New Trailer for Jim Jarmusch's ONLY LOVERS LEFT ALIVE! -- 19 total posts 19 posts