John Ary Adores PARANORMAN!!
John Ary here with a look at the beautiful and brilliant horror/comedy Paranorman. There is a lot to love here with well-defined characters, top-notch art direction and a boldness to take on some heavy themes without insulting your intelligence. It's well worth a trip to the theater this weekend...
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Aug. 16, 2012, 8:39 a.m. CST
Aug. 16, 2012, 8:42 a.m. CST
Quite enjoyed it.
Aug. 16, 2012, 8:46 a.m. CST
Looks fun =)
Aug. 16, 2012, 9:33 a.m. CST
I hope it doesn't freak me out like Coroline did. I had nightmares with button eyed Courtney Cox naked coming at me.
Aug. 16, 2012, 9:38 a.m. CST
I really enjoyed the trailer months ago. Good vibe.
Aug. 16, 2012, 10:33 a.m. CST
by Andrew Johnson
If it is, I'll probably go check it out.
Aug. 16, 2012, 11:04 a.m. CST
by Crimson Dynamo
Aug. 16, 2012, 11:09 a.m. CST
Aug. 16, 2012, 11:28 a.m. CST
by John Ary
Aug. 16, 2012, 11:46 a.m. CST
Aug. 16, 2012, 11:48 a.m. CST
And considering Coraline is one of the best 3D movies I've ever seen, I'll be shelling out the extra bucks for this one.
Aug. 16, 2012, 11:53 a.m. CST
Aug. 16, 2012, 11:55 a.m. CST
by Raymond Shaw
Aug. 16, 2012, 12:14 p.m. CST
by Olsen Twins_Fan
Aug. 16, 2012, 2:48 p.m. CST
I've got a four and eight year old. They want to see Paranorman. Both really liked Coraline (those button eyes, however, gave me the creeps for days). Is this movie okay for them, or would it be too intense? Any input from anybody that's seen it?
Aug. 16, 2012, 3:15 p.m. CST
by John Ary
I could see how the zombies and ghosts could be a bit intense for the little ones. If they like Coraline though, they're going to like this one as well. The idea of death and the afterlife plays a central role in the story, so be prepared to have that "where do we go when we die" conversation afterwards.
Aug. 16, 2012, 3:23 p.m. CST
by Talkbacker with no name
Talkbacker with no name here with ain't it cool.com and today I'm talking about how I'm a straight dude that goes weak at the knees for Ary's smooth, creamy voice. ...burp.
Aug. 16, 2012, 3:37 p.m. CST
...just tell me how many times you uses the word "bizarre" this time around.
Aug. 16, 2012, 4:53 p.m. CST
Aug. 16, 2012, 7:44 p.m. CST
Aug. 16, 2012, 9:18 p.m. CST
Aug. 16, 2012, 11:16 p.m. CST
LAIKA used to be the godfather of claymation Will Vinton's Will Vinton Studios, until Phillip Knight of NIKE took over the company, fired him and put his son at the head of the company. Something to think about before you give these people your money.
One of the more sickening tales of corporate interference of what should be protected, sanctioned and cherished handmade art. http://www.postmagazine.com/Publications/Newsletters/2003/Week-of-April-25-2003/WILL-VINTON-FIRED-FROM-WILL-VINTON-STUDIOS.aspx Vinton was a true artist, as anyone who has seen The Adventures of Mark Twain or his award winning short movies can attest to, and firing him from his own company is tantamount to putting Van Gogh out on the street. I will NOT give this movie my money. And although Coraline was a good movie, I found it a bit cutesy and commercial-leaning compared to the Gaiman story.
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 102 total posts 25 posts
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 19 total posts 19 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 507 total posts 10 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 13 total posts 7 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 263 total posts 7 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 219 total posts 5 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 26 total posts 3 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 21 total posts 3 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 332 total posts 3 posts
- AICN HORROR looks at PROXY! THE LASHMAN! 13 SINS! CAMP DREAD! ROULETTE! POSEIDON REX! CONFINE! DEATH DO US PART! PSYCHOPHONY: AN EXPERIMENT IN EVIL! MONSTERS TV Series! HOWLS! & WOLF CREEK 2! -- 10 total posts 2 posts