Hey Austin! Don’t you wanna see IRON SKY at the Alamo Drafthouse with Prof. Challenger as host?!?!?! Of course, you do!!!
What's that you say? You've never heard of IRON SKY? Take a moment and watch the trailer here…
Now, aren't you totally psyched to get to see this thing on the glorious big screen at the Alamo Drafthouse in Austin?
Of course you are and we can help each other make this happen. IRON SKY is not opening in wide release here in the states, but the Prof is here to help out his Austin brethren and sistren. I have made a deal with Tugg to set up a special screening of IRON SKY on Tuesday, Aug. 28, at 7:30 p.m. but there's a catch! I have to have at least 44 people click the link for the screening and reserve their seats by Aug. 21....or...this...screening...will...NOT...happen!
At the time I am writing this, I have already gotten exactly half the number needed, so all I need from my AICN readers is 22 more reservations and this screening happens! I'll be there and will serve as your host for the screening.
So come on, check out this link and reserve those seats so that we can get to see Nazi's on the moon the way it is meant to be experienced!
Thanks in advance!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Aug. 15, 2012, 9:12 a.m. CST
Aug. 15, 2012, 9:18 a.m. CST
oh wait, Texas in the summer? Never mind.
Aug. 15, 2012, 10:02 a.m. CST
everyone was excited to know more... ...and then AICN stopped covering it entirely in favor of multiple Katy Perry movie reviews and other bullshit. So is it a good movie? How about an interview with the director? Anything? How about some coverage of geek cinema??
Aug. 15, 2012, 10:04 a.m. CST
CHECK OUT THIS AMMAAAZZZZZIINNG NEW MONDO POSTER
Aug. 15, 2012, 10:28 a.m. CST
Of course if your sense of humour is juvenile and lacking in irony then go right ahead, apply the full weight of your double-figured IQ, and enjoy it.
Aug. 15, 2012, 10:31 a.m. CST
by I am the colesLAW
...but shoulda been so much better. Fun movie though and still worth a watch.
Aug. 15, 2012, 10:36 a.m. CST
Aug. 15, 2012, 11:17 a.m. CST
If you Live in the Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania area & want to attend a Theatrical Screening of "IRON SKY":
A page for those who want to see a theater screening of “Iron Sky” in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania! http://tinyurl.com/bm42ypg Please “LIKE” the page, at the top right-hand side, if you would like to attend a Theater Screening of “Iron Sky”! Don’t forget to pass the Page’s Link on to your friends to let them know! If we get enough LIKES on the page, a screening of the movie can be Scheduled by Tugg! Movie’s Site: http://www.ironsky.net/site/ Brought to you by Tugg: http://tinyurl.com/9l5xrzy
Aug. 15, 2012, 11:21 a.m. CST
Aug. 15, 2012, 11:25 a.m. CST
it must be awesome! I down with seeing that!
Aug. 15, 2012, 11:27 a.m. CST
by jon pertwee
i'll be back friday for the obit
Aug. 15, 2012, 11:45 a.m. CST
This movie was almost unwatchable...and I had really high hopes for it. Dated political references (Sarah Palin), god awful black jokes, and they hit you over the head with the idea that America has become like the Nazis. Not to mention the story was extremely boring and the dialogue was terrible. It seemed like the writers had never even visited the U.S. once. Like a vegan writing about what a cheeseburger must taste like. The main blonde chick was pretty hot and fun to watch. Just wish they either had a) better writing for her or b) showed her tits. The special effects were nice but could not save this stink bomb.
Aug. 15, 2012, 12:11 p.m. CST
Aug. 15, 2012, 12:21 p.m. CST
Aug. 15, 2012, 12:23 p.m. CST
When i first heard about this damn near 5 years ago, i had HIGH HOPES for it. but its a damned comedy. It SHOULD have been serious.
Aug. 15, 2012, 1:48 p.m. CST
The idea is fun certainly, with a better director and a tighter script it could have been a home run. That said. it looks pretty impressive for a low budget movie. The Zeppelins look great and the space battles don't look cheap at all. There are a few clever jokes in there too, particularly loved the "Great Dictator" one which I won't spoil.
Aug. 15, 2012, 3:47 p.m. CST
No matter how anti-nazi this flick can be, there are zillions of themes out there, why'd you have to pick this one. One must ask.
Aug. 15, 2012, 5:39 p.m. CST
Unfunny, racist horse-shit that it is.
Aug. 15, 2012, 6:10 p.m. CST
Only 3 seats left now. Thanks Austin!
Aug. 15, 2012, 6:14 p.m. CST
Aug. 15, 2012, 6:16 p.m. CST
Sorry, thats 2/22 in Pa.
Aug. 15, 2012, 6:18 p.m. CST
Aug. 15, 2012, 6:19 p.m. CST
Aug. 15, 2012, 8:13 p.m. CST
I'm sorry, I really wanted to like this but I just couldn't. It wasn't funny or clever and was poorly executed.
Aug. 15, 2012, 9:44 p.m. CST
Aug. 16, 2012, 8:21 a.m. CST
by Brandon Dillard
I have to agree with the CREEPYTHINMAN on this one. This movie is awesome for what it is. The Irony and Satire are so thick you can cut it with a knife. The effects are great for such a low-budget film. And besides, the blonde Nazi chick is smokin' hot!
Aug. 16, 2012, 10:47 a.m. CST
by duke of url
he is pole smoking, navel-gazing, nazi loving, Faggosexual FACT!
Aug. 16, 2012, 7:15 p.m. CST
by Earl Ray
Boy, the early bird really does get the worm. 'cause I feel like I just missed getting in on this showing (obviously, by now everyone 'here' knows -- it's sold out) Screw that! Why did Tugg, Inc., stop selling tickets at 73 swinehunts? Und only one screening? Zur Hölle mit Dir!
Aug. 16, 2012, 11:11 p.m. CST
...but I haven't actually seen anything about it so I don't know if the hosts backed out on it or not. I would suggest going and "Like" the IRON SKY Facebook page and see if it pops up over there. I made sure to link my event on there too.
Aug. 17, 2012, 10:26 a.m. CST
A screening in San Antonio on Aug. 20 still has seats available. Here's the link http://www.tugg.com/events/1211#.UC5iU91mRnQ
Aug. 24, 2012, 6:26 p.m. CST
Drafthouse upgraded our Austin screening to a larger theater. So there are 53 more seats available as of now! http://www.tugg.com/events/1312?#.UDgNBd1mRnQ
- 1st wk of Sept 2014's PICKS & PEEKS with Universal Monsters, FIRESTARTER, Eco-Terrorism, swords & fantasy! -- 27 total posts 23 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 384 total posts 12 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 423 total posts 10 posts
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 720 total posts 6 posts
- AICN HORROR: Dr. Karen Oughton checks out four fear-filled films from Film4 FrightFest 2014: THE LAST SHOWING! SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR! THE GUEST! DOC OF THE DEAD! -- 6 total posts 6 posts
- Abortionist Killers On PBS!! HOUDINI Hits History!! Angie Returns To THE DOME!! New DALLAS, PARADISE, WOLF, WILD, MASTERCHEF, MODEL, NINJA, HOTEL, BEACH, & RAW!! PARTNERS & MISTRESSES Finales!! UNAUTHORIZED SAVED BY THE BELL STORY!! Annaleigh Ashford On CRAIG!! Herc’s Monday TV Talkback!! -- 30 total posts 5 posts
- The DRUNK HISTORY Finale!! HOUDINI Finale!! ROYAL PAINS Finale!! RIZZOLI & ISLES Finale!! HARD KNOCKS Finale!! New TALENT, CARTER, GEAR, LITTLE, LIARS, MATADOR, WIZARD!! The Chenbot On LETTERMAN!! Brienne Of Tarth On CRAIG!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 4 total posts 4 posts
- A New Clip From STAR WARS REBELS!! -- 31 total posts 2 posts
- Harry may be crazy about SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR - but so may you -- 569 total posts 2 posts
- "Do you understand what it's like to be a genius?!!" Dan Harmon takes his show on the road in this trailer for HARMONTOWN! -- 19 total posts 1 post