FX Orders Espionage Series From JUSTIFIED Creator Graham Yost!
FX just ordered another series from “Justified” mastermind Graham Yost.
“The Americans,” set in the 1980s, will star Keri Russell (“Felicity,” “Mission Impossible III”) and Matthew Rhys (“Brothers & Sisters”) as a pair of KGB agents posing as American marrieds in Washington, D.C.
Things get hairy for the “couple” when an U.S. counter-intelligence agent played by Noah Emmerich moves in next door.
The first season of the series, created by Joe Wiesberg (“Damages,” “Falling Skies”), will comprise 13 episodes.
Find TVLine’s story on the matter here.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Aug. 9, 2012, 5:23 p.m. CST
Not sure who the other two are. Set in the eighties could be cool or could be a disaster.
Aug. 9, 2012, 5:24 p.m. CST
Aug. 9, 2012, 5:30 p.m. CST
The show sounds sort of blah but if they put Russel in some slinky outfits I'll give it a couple of episodes.
Aug. 9, 2012, 5:44 p.m. CST
Aug. 9, 2012, 5:45 p.m. CST
that is all
Aug. 9, 2012, 6:26 p.m. CST
by PSYCHO MAN 13
She definitely has man hands.
Aug. 9, 2012, 6:45 p.m. CST
by Kyle DeMattio
I can just feel it
Aug. 9, 2012, 7:17 p.m. CST
as long as it dosen't affect justified
Aug. 9, 2012, 8:55 p.m. CST
It'll be back early next year, the same time it's back every year. FX's president recently said he saw it running a minimum of six years total. Not to mention while Yost is an EP on The Americans, he's not writing it/showrunning it. Relax. Everything is fine.
Aug. 9, 2012, 9:32 p.m. CST
by Queefer Sutherland
You gotta find the positive.
Aug. 9, 2012, 9:44 p.m. CST
by Balkin Flabgurter
or nukes and russians.. or nuke wielding soviets..
Aug. 9, 2012, 11:17 p.m. CST
Aug. 10, 2012, 2:10 a.m. CST
by Raptor Jesus
Suburban housewife spy? Will Bruce Boxleitner have a cameo?
Aug. 10, 2012, 7:48 a.m. CST
anytime any anyplace she wants
Aug. 10, 2012, 9:01 a.m. CST
If those are man hands where you come from, I'm guessing your "men" would look pretty in dresses.
Aug. 10, 2012, 10:09 a.m. CST
In love with Keri Russell. Always have been.
Aug. 10, 2012, 10:21 a.m. CST
by Cletus Van Damme
Bonus: ass crack.
Aug. 10, 2012, 10:28 a.m. CST
Set in the '80s? So we'll see giant portable phones, Betamax, clips of Reagan going on about the "Evil Empire", etc.
But Yost has aced Justified (although Elmore Leonard is a wonderful guiding hand), so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.
Aug. 10, 2012, 10:55 a.m. CST
by Ben Jarvis
Is it Russell and Rhys? They play foreign spies working AGAINST the U.S. Do we cheer them on as they are successful in their attempts to spy on us, outwit America, and win one for Mother Russia? I'll enjoy staring at Keri Russell, but I refuse to ROOT for her just because she's hot. On the other hand, I've never seen Emmerich in anything where his character wasn't at least KIND OF a dick. Think about him in Truman Show, Cellular, Super 8, or even White Collar: he always plays someone who SEEMS like a smiling, upstanding guy right until he turns out to be a jerk or not as good as the REAL good guy. Even in Miracle, he's the doubting assistant coach who constantly lacks the vision or gumption to trust Kurt Russell's hard-line amazingness. I guarantee you he'll play the same kind of character in this show too. So who am I supposed to want to see succeed in their agenda? Then again, this is FX, and they did Damages, one of my favorite shows ever (at least the first couple of seasons). Maybe this show will be like that--a show where NOBODY is entirely clean, and everyone has good and bad qualities, and its as much about the intrigue and interplay as it is about any particular outcome. Cause this can't be like Justified, the kind of show with a "Flawed Yet Charismatic" hero we root for no matter what mess he gets himself into.
Aug. 10, 2012, 11:24 a.m. CST
Oooooh . . . .
Aug. 10, 2012, 11:45 a.m. CST
jarb - you've got the Emmerich persona nailed, think of Little Children and The Walkng Dead also. Maybe it has to do with his less than perfect complexion...who knows.
When meth cooks and weed dealers and the Mafia can be protaganists in other series, why not Russian spies?
Aug. 10, 2012, 10:08 p.m. CST
Anyone else stop watching Justified when they announced they weren't running it on HULU after half the season had already run on TV? I could rent a DVD and catch up, but I got my principles.
Aug. 11, 2012, 9:37 p.m. CST
somehow leading the way. Dudes are getting castrated all over the place
Aug. 13, 2012, 1:20 a.m. CST
As far as I'm concerned, if a show stops streaming its episodes, its exactly the same thing as cancelling it. I will not hunt your show down and watch it on television. Like.. I don't keep up with Syfy either, but I just caught up with the first 3 episodes of the new seasons of Alphas and Warehouse 13 today. I don't have a lot of time to watch any serialized shows, so when I do they usually have to be packed into a tight timeframe, and I catch 3-4 at a time(or a whole season after its sent to streaming) to get caught up. But go off streaming, and you're as good as dead to me.
- Fox has hired a pair of writers to get a FLASH GORDON movie off the ground! -- 357 total posts 278 posts
- BARBIE. The Movie. -- 103 total posts 103 posts
- Robert Downey Jr. seems to be tweeting a picture a day from the set of Avengers: Age of Ultron... -- 88 total posts 88 posts
- Today's STAR WARS: EPISODE VII Status Report: Casting "Almost Complete", Second Unit Shooting Underway! -- 340 total posts 84 posts
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 328 total posts 80 posts
- IT'S A SMALL WORLD: THE MOVIE directed by Jon Turteltaub is a real thing Disney wants to make! -- 93 total posts 73 posts
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 422 total posts 65 posts
- ‘So Who Wants To Go First??’ Amy Acker Is The Cellist In Joss Whedon’s AGENTS OF SHIELD!! ELSEWHERE & ER On PIONEERS OF TELEVISION!! New AWKWARD, SWAP, BOY, STORAGE, SCHUMER, TOSH, GLEE, FIRE, MINDY, DUSK, ORIGINALS, SUPERNATURAL, FARGO, FISHER & VOICE!! CONTAINER Finale!! Don Rickles On KIMMEL!! Natalie Dormer On SETH!! Stephen Colbert On LETTERMAN!! Elizabeth Warren On THE DAILY SHOW!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 191 total posts 63 posts
- The First Official BTS Shots From JURASSIC WORLD Are Here!! -- 55 total posts 55 posts
- Director Colin Trevorrow Talks The Bigger Picture Of JURASSIC WORLD!! -- 55 total posts 55 posts