SPOILER ALERT! AICN COMICS/POPTARDS PODCAST: BATMAN INC! ANGEL & FAITH! AXE COP! IRRESISTABLE! X-TREME X-MEN! & MORE!
@@@ AICN COMICS PODCAST @@@
Ambush Bug here. The below hour-plus long conversation took place between myself and my fellow @$$holes Matt Adler, Optimous Douche, and our host Johnny Destructo of PoptardsGo.com as we talked about BATMAN INC #3, ANGEL & FAITH #12, X-TREME X-MEN #1, DEBRIS #1, SUPERMAN #11, AXE COP: PRESIDENT OF THE WORLD #1, AMERICAN VAMPIRE #29, IRRESISTABLE #1, another rousing edition of @$$terpiece Theatre, and of course, more general jack@$$$ery!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
July 31, 2012, 9:11 a.m. CST
July 31, 2012, 9:12 a.m. CST
Looks lame as fuck!
July 31, 2012, 10:10 a.m. CST
by eric haislar
Did you see Year One. It was awful. I love Year One the Comic. But it just does not translate to the screen at all. Plus who ever they casted as batman was awful.
July 31, 2012, 10:47 a.m. CST
July 31, 2012, 11:49 a.m. CST
Yeah, the animated stuff just doesn't do it for me. Not very creative and I generally hate the voices. The new one doesn't look any different to me.
July 31, 2012, 3:05 p.m. CST
by Son of Superfuzz
I wish they'd stop using that cheap, bottom of the barrel animation style. What they don't understand is that they could transcend the "forgotten after one viewing" low bar they have set for themselves if they'd invest just a little more money on some quality animation. They might even have products that sell perpetually, like their stable of best selling graphic novels that never go out of print. It's a shame that a legend like Dark Knight Returns is given the "just shit it out" treatment.
July 31, 2012, 6:21 p.m. CST
you guys crack me up. Kudos to whoever came up with the GWAR reference. Classic!
July 31, 2012, 6:37 p.m. CST
Had to have been from Axe Cop: President of the World, cuz it sounded like a bunch of 8-year olds. Then again, that could have just been you guys! If I win, I ask that you review something that Ambush Bug actually likes. Or not.
July 31, 2012, 11:03 p.m. CST
son of superfuzz: AMEN. I haven't watched any DC animations in years except for UNDER THE RED HOOD which sucked complete fucking balls like all of their crap animations
And yeah it's a shame to see TDKR reduced to generic, ugly drawings with crap fairly crap animation. TDKR is a masterpiece in comic book form. It should not have been adapted at all. Leave it as a fucking comic.
Aug. 1, 2012, 10:26 a.m. CST
by Talkbacker with no name
It still is a comic
Aug. 1, 2012, 11:20 a.m. CST
There are lots of people who will now be introduced to the story as animation, and write it off as nothing special (like all of DC's D2V animation). Until the animation comes out, the only way to get the story was to read the comic. in that way, the existence of the animation cheapens the comic and lessens its cultural impact. You may now proceed with your marketing victimhood and impotent smarm.
Aug. 1, 2012, 11:22 a.m. CST
I'm honestly finding it harder and harder to write a coherent sentence.
Aug. 1, 2012, 12:51 p.m. CST
by Homer Sexual
While no one I know buys comics, I have friends who buy the DC DVDs and like them. Under the Red Hood is awesome! Its my second favorite and made me love Jason Todd. I think it is well done on every level, voices animation and story. Wonder Woman is the best. MAke that one live action and finally WW will have a hit movie. Even New Frontier is solid, but lately the movies have been awful. I think All Star Superman was the first one I was really disappointed by, really failed to capture the book at all. Doomsday, Year One, etc, have been really weak on all levels, it's like there is a new regime or team making them, I don't know what happened. But there are many excellent DC movies and I m surprised to see people hating on them.
Aug. 2, 2012, 10:17 a.m. CST
I haven't seen Supes Vs The Elite, Wonder Woman put me to sleep. Justice League: Doom's animation took me a little bit to get used to but wound up liking it. I think the most poorly animated one so far was Public Enemies, but I LOVED Under the Red Hood and Batman Year One!
- 1st wk of Sept 2014's PICKS & PEEKS with Universal Monsters, FIRESTARTER, Eco-Terrorism, swords & fantasy! -- 23 total posts 19 posts
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 720 total posts 6 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 419 total posts 6 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 377 total posts 5 posts
- Abortionist Killers On PBS!! HOUDINI Hits History!! Angie Returns To THE DOME!! New DALLAS, PARADISE, WOLF, WILD, MASTERCHEF, MODEL, NINJA, HOTEL, BEACH, & RAW!! PARTNERS & MISTRESSES Finales!! UNAUTHORIZED SAVED BY THE BELL STORY!! Annaleigh Ashford On CRAIG!! Herc’s Monday TV Talkback!! -- 29 total posts 4 posts
- AICN HORROR: Dr. Karen Oughton checks out four fear-filled films from Film4 FrightFest 2014: THE LAST SHOWING! SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR! THE GUEST! DOC OF THE DEAD! -- 3 total posts 3 posts
- A New Clip From STAR WARS REBELS!! -- 31 total posts 2 posts
- Harry may be crazy about SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR - but so may you -- 569 total posts 2 posts
- Badger Narrates The DRUNK HISTORY Finale!! HOUDINI Finale!! ROYAL PAINS Finale!! RIZZOLI & ISLES Finale!! HARD KNOCKS Finale!! New TALENT, CARTER, GEAR, LITTLE, LIARS, MATADOR, WIZARD!! The Chenbot On LETTERMAN!! Brienne Of Tarth On CRAIG!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 2 total posts 2 posts
- "Do you understand what it's like to be a genius?!!" Dan Harmon takes his show on the road in this trailer for HARMONTOWN! -- 19 total posts 1 post