SPOILER ALERT! AICN COMICS/POPTARDS PODCAST: BATMAN INC! ANGEL & FAITH! AXE COP! IRRESISTABLE! X-TREME X-MEN! & MORE!
@@@ AICN COMICS PODCAST @@@
Ambush Bug here. The below hour-plus long conversation took place between myself and my fellow @$$holes Matt Adler, Optimous Douche, and our host Johnny Destructo of PoptardsGo.com as we talked about BATMAN INC #3, ANGEL & FAITH #12, X-TREME X-MEN #1, DEBRIS #1, SUPERMAN #11, AXE COP: PRESIDENT OF THE WORLD #1, AMERICAN VAMPIRE #29, IRRESISTABLE #1, another rousing edition of @$$terpiece Theatre, and of course, more general jack@$$$ery!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
July 31, 2012, 9:11 a.m. CST
July 31, 2012, 9:12 a.m. CST
Looks lame as fuck!
July 31, 2012, 10:10 a.m. CST
by eric haislar
Did you see Year One. It was awful. I love Year One the Comic. But it just does not translate to the screen at all. Plus who ever they casted as batman was awful.
July 31, 2012, 10:47 a.m. CST
July 31, 2012, 11:49 a.m. CST
Yeah, the animated stuff just doesn't do it for me. Not very creative and I generally hate the voices. The new one doesn't look any different to me.
July 31, 2012, 3:05 p.m. CST
by Son of Superfuzz
I wish they'd stop using that cheap, bottom of the barrel animation style. What they don't understand is that they could transcend the "forgotten after one viewing" low bar they have set for themselves if they'd invest just a little more money on some quality animation. They might even have products that sell perpetually, like their stable of best selling graphic novels that never go out of print. It's a shame that a legend like Dark Knight Returns is given the "just shit it out" treatment.
July 31, 2012, 6:21 p.m. CST
you guys crack me up. Kudos to whoever came up with the GWAR reference. Classic!
July 31, 2012, 6:37 p.m. CST
Had to have been from Axe Cop: President of the World, cuz it sounded like a bunch of 8-year olds. Then again, that could have just been you guys! If I win, I ask that you review something that Ambush Bug actually likes. Or not.
July 31, 2012, 11:03 p.m. CST
son of superfuzz: AMEN. I haven't watched any DC animations in years except for UNDER THE RED HOOD which sucked complete fucking balls like all of their crap animations
And yeah it's a shame to see TDKR reduced to generic, ugly drawings with crap fairly crap animation. TDKR is a masterpiece in comic book form. It should not have been adapted at all. Leave it as a fucking comic.
Aug. 1, 2012, 10:26 a.m. CST
by Talkbacker with no name
It still is a comic
Aug. 1, 2012, 11:20 a.m. CST
There are lots of people who will now be introduced to the story as animation, and write it off as nothing special (like all of DC's D2V animation). Until the animation comes out, the only way to get the story was to read the comic. in that way, the existence of the animation cheapens the comic and lessens its cultural impact. You may now proceed with your marketing victimhood and impotent smarm.
Aug. 1, 2012, 11:22 a.m. CST
I'm honestly finding it harder and harder to write a coherent sentence.
Aug. 1, 2012, 12:51 p.m. CST
by Homer Sexual
While no one I know buys comics, I have friends who buy the DC DVDs and like them. Under the Red Hood is awesome! Its my second favorite and made me love Jason Todd. I think it is well done on every level, voices animation and story. Wonder Woman is the best. MAke that one live action and finally WW will have a hit movie. Even New Frontier is solid, but lately the movies have been awful. I think All Star Superman was the first one I was really disappointed by, really failed to capture the book at all. Doomsday, Year One, etc, have been really weak on all levels, it's like there is a new regime or team making them, I don't know what happened. But there are many excellent DC movies and I m surprised to see people hating on them.
Aug. 2, 2012, 10:17 a.m. CST
I haven't seen Supes Vs The Elite, Wonder Woman put me to sleep. Justice League: Doom's animation took me a little bit to get used to but wound up liking it. I think the most poorly animated one so far was Public Enemies, but I LOVED Under the Red Hood and Batman Year One!
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of INSIDE LLEWYN DAVIS, OUT OF THE FURNACE, FROZEN, NEBRASKA And The Latest WALKING DEAD And RETURNED, The First Big-Screen Wonder Woman and More!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 10pm PT / Sunday 1am ET!! -- 490 total posts 343 posts
- Disney can now make new Indiana Jones Movies!!! But what about Paramount? -- 449 total posts 80 posts
- The Annual Official Fake BUTT-NUMB-A-THON 15 List!!! Plus other things like STANDBY news! -- 158 total posts 44 posts
- Big SPOILERS for X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST and APOCALYPSE as new rumors suggest a familiar face will be playing the role of APOCALYPSE!! -- 392 total posts 41 posts
- Jerry Bruckheimer has returned to Paramount and Brett Ratner's BEVERLY HILLS COP IV is now on the way (again)! -- 194 total posts 18 posts
- Penultimate HOMELAND!! New BURGERS, SIMPSONS, GUY, DAD, MENTALIST, ONCE, REVENGE, BETRAYAL, TREME & SEX!! Mandela On 60 MINUTES!! AMAZING RACE Finale!! Last MENTALIST Of 2013!! BONNIE & CLYDE Premiere!! Herc's Sunday TV Talkback!! -- 15 total posts 15 posts
- SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES Writers Developing New TERMINATOR TV Series!! -- 91 total posts 13 posts
- The Friday Docback Rounds Up This Week's DOCTOR WHO News!! 50th Celebration, 'Time of the Doctor,' HornOrSilk Reviews 'The Assassination Games' Big Finish Audio, And More!! -- 59 total posts 12 posts
- Fox To Dabble In Shared X-MEN / FF Movieverse!?!? -- 208 total posts 10 posts
- Two More NYMPHOMANIAC Posters... -- 86 total posts 5 posts