THE MAN WITH THE IRON FISTS Kicks Its Way To A November Release Date!!
The Kidd here...
If you've been wondering how soon you'll be able to check out all the kung fu asskickery contained in THE MAN WITH THE IRON FISTS, you can finally pencil your viewing in for November 2. That's when Universal Pictures has announced RZA's feature film directorial debut, starring Russell Crowe, Cung Le and Lucy Liu, will hit theatres, as it heads up against the likes of Robert Zemeckis' FLIGHT and Disney's WRECK-IT RALPH.
It sucks a bit that Universal is trying to make us decide between video games and martial arts on this particular weekend, in addition to some Denzel, but those be the breaks. The following week wouldn't have done it any favors either, with 007's return in SKYFALL lining up for November 9, but why not take a look at November 16, Universal? Sure, I know that's when the finale of THE TWILIGHT SAGA arrives, but how many people that would go out and see THE MAN WITH THE IRON FISTS do you think are being dragged to see the conclusion of Bella and Edward's story that weekend? It's called counter-programming, and it just might work in your film's favor. Don't make us choose between things we like. Give us an alternative to something we don't.
In case you don't remember how awesome THE MAN WITH THE IRON FISTS looks, here's the red band...
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
July 13, 2012, 10:22 a.m. CST
July 13, 2012, 10:29 a.m. CST
Eli Roth knows this and now you will too!!
July 13, 2012, 10:30 a.m. CST
I'm gonna have to go with "B".
July 13, 2012, 10:30 a.m. CST
by Wesley Snipes
.. and send them on the swarm.
July 13, 2012, 10:46 a.m. CST
As long as it`s not all about making just himself look good. Cross my Kung Fu Five Fingers of Death.
I`m gonna make a movie and I`m gonna be the star and I`m gonna fight everyone and I`m gonna win everything and I`m gonna get the girl.
July 13, 2012, 10:54 a.m. CST
by Nasty In The Pasty
YOU AND I HAVE UNFINISHED BUSINESS...!
July 13, 2012, 11:06 a.m. CST
July 13, 2012, 11:09 a.m. CST
July 13, 2012, 11:14 a.m. CST
Loved her head in Futurama... and her ass in Charlie's Angels.
July 13, 2012, 11:56 a.m. CST
I know you came up with the idea Rza, I even have no doubts that I'll enjoy the music you produce for this. But if I see Luicy Liu, Russell Crowe, and Bautista. I just can't buy you as a Kung Fu master.
July 13, 2012, 11:56 a.m. CST
by Spandau Belly
I hope DJANGO UNCHAINED gets Leo D to also pick more fun roles. I'm pretty sick of seeing him make his intense brooding pinchface in an attempt to win an Oscar year after year.
July 13, 2012, 12:19 p.m. CST
That´s a good thing for me.
July 13, 2012, 2:20 p.m. CST
This is not going to hold a candle to Five Shaolin Masters, but I'll watch it. Wish they would stray away from that Kill Bill cinematography.
July 13, 2012, 2:36 p.m. CST
O-ren Ishii is back!
July 13, 2012, 5:11 p.m. CST
by golden tribw
July 13, 2012, 5:31 p.m. CST
I hadn't seen it before. It was hilarious.
July 13, 2012, 9:27 p.m. CST
But yeah, RZA.. let's see what you got. I'll be looking forward to your parrying techniques and counters. Also, your footwork will tell me everything about you. Make sure you got that covered. If not, then I am gooing to look forward to blasting you on th
July 13, 2012, 9:35 p.m. CST
Didn't quite finish that last sentence like I would like, but gang, pay attention to RZA's instincts in this movie. If it is akin to Sam L. Jackson's jedi prowess, then we can rest on nepotism/connections.
July 13, 2012, 11:47 p.m. CST
higgledyhiggles: RZA is not the star of the movie. I think he only appears onscreen as a side character.
Umm, watch the trailer again.
July 13, 2012, 11:48 p.m. CST
July 13, 2012, 11:52 p.m. CST
...and it was also produced by Tarantino.
July 14, 2012, 7:40 a.m. CST
by Andrew Quinsatt
July 14, 2012, 11:28 a.m. CST
by Ryan B
That's the problem with these genre movies for me. What do you need homage for when the real deal is plentiful. Go rent an old movie from netflix or something. Also, they just aren't the same as ones from the 70's and 80's. That's pretty much my problem with anything Tarantino is involved with. That style of low budget over the top ridiculousness doesn't work today. With modern technology and style worked in it's twisted into something that's just... I dunno. Lame. Too forced.
July 14, 2012, 11:47 a.m. CST
July 14, 2012, 1:37 p.m. CST
Shouldn't that be punches its way since the man has iron fists? or does he have iron feet too and if so then spoiler.
July 14, 2012, 1:44 p.m. CST
by Michael Morning
i.e. Power Man & Iron Fist
July 14, 2012, 3:42 p.m. CST
Goddamit, why call the movie like that, I feel terrible, every time it's not made
July 14, 2012, 5:38 p.m. CST
Visions of hell tormented my face, so I chewed my fuckin' arm off, and made an escape! -RZA, Diary of A Madman
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 385 total posts 19 posts
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 636 total posts 13 posts
- A Few Promo Images From EXODUS: GODS AND KINGS Bring Ridleyish Spectacle!! -- 203 total posts 12 posts
- WALKING DEAD!! BOARDWALK EMPIRE!! AGENTS OF SHIELD!! STAR WARS REBELS!! SOUTH PARK!! NEW GIRL!! HOMELAND!! GOTHAM!! FLASH!! SURVIVOR!! RESURRECTION!! PARENTHOOD!! BURGERS!! BLACKLIST!! BANG!! VOICE!! SLEEPY!! PERSON!! UTOPIA!! ANARCHY!! Z!! More Than 200 Autumn Premiere Dates!! -- 25 total posts 8 posts
- Abortionist Killers On PBS!! HOUDINI Hits History!! Angie Returns To THE DOME!! New DALLAS, PARADISE, WOLF, WILD, MASTERCHEF, MODEL, NINJA, HOTEL, BEACH, & RAW!! PARTNERS & MISTRESSES Finales!! UNAUTHORIZED SAVED BY THE BELL STORY!! Annaleigh Ashford On CRAIG!! Herc’s Monday TV Talkback!! -- 5 total posts 5 posts
- Fantastic Fest 2014 Trailer Wave Part 2! -- 14 total posts 5 posts
- Will there be a change of roster in Avengers: Age of Ultron and if so, who's gonna be on it? -- 303 total posts 4 posts
- Two More BIG BROTHER Nominations!! The Return Of ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN!! MI6 On PBS!! FALLING SKIES Finale!! New STRAIN, MANHATTAN, MASTERS, NAKED, RAY, RECKLESS, BEACHFRONT, BREATHLESS, KARDASHIANS, WIPEOUT!! No LEFTOVERS Finale!! Herc’s Sunday TV Talkback!! -- 24 total posts 3 posts
- Is this what Doctor Doom looks like in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 312 total posts 3 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 349 total posts 2 posts