Check Out A Couple Of Exclusive Images From Tom Hanks's ELECTRIC CITY!
Set in a "functioning" dystopian civilization rife with violence and corruption, Tom Hanks's ELECTRIC CITY is an intriguing work of science fiction that seeks to involve viewers via a variety of platforms. Primarily, it's a ninety-minute animated web series presented in five-to-seven-minute chapters, but there will also be a more immersive experience available at the show's official site on Yahoo.
But it's all for naught if the story isn't up to snuff, and I'm certainly curious to see how a Tom Hanks-created sci-fi series plays. If you check out the trailer, you'll see that it's a somewhat grim and brutal depiction of a postapocalyptic future, which is something of a surprise coming from the director of the amiable THAT THING YOU DO and LARRY CROWNE. We've been given a couple of exclusive images, and they reinforce the show's unsentimental vision of a society struggling to hold itself together.
Pretty cool. The first ten episodes of ELECTRIC CITY will debut at Yahoo! on July 17th, while the remaining episodes will appear on the 18th and 19th. For all your ELECTRIC CITY needs, visit the show's official site!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
July 10, 2012, 1:33 p.m. CST
It would be cooler if he and Pete Scolari were in drag...
July 10, 2012, 1:34 p.m. CST
July 10, 2012, 1:39 p.m. CST
so it's set on present day earth then?
July 10, 2012, 1:48 p.m. CST
July 10, 2012, 1:50 p.m. CST
July 10, 2012, 1:51 p.m. CST
July 10, 2012, 2:27 p.m. CST
July 10, 2012, 3:02 p.m. CST
Some say it's mystic, It's electric, Boogie woogie, woogie, You can't resist it, It's electric, Boogie woogie, woogie, You can't do without it, It's electric, Boogie woogie, woogie...
July 10, 2012, 3:26 p.m. CST
July 10, 2012, 3:40 p.m. CST
July 10, 2012, 3:43 p.m. CST
July 10, 2012, 4:12 p.m. CST
when it was called City of Ember.
July 10, 2012, 4:40 p.m. CST
It's so very refreshing to see a hollywood-type to go and try something outside of his comfort zone! Moar power to him! Gives me hope that creativity ain't dead.
July 10, 2012, 8:03 p.m. CST
I will always remember Beaks for hailing "Skyline" as a "minor revolt against the studio filmmaking process".
In other words, grain of salt. No offense.
July 10, 2012, 10:57 p.m. CST
Animation really does allow you to do whatever the fuck you want on film without the budget being a problem.
by Christian Sylvain
It's a shame that so many directors don't take advantage of their own creativity with it.
July 11, 2012, 8:27 a.m. CST
huge boobies people... i mean cannons
July 11, 2012, 10:10 a.m. CST
Because Hanks is all about electric cars. At least he was a few years back when he was active on Myspace before Facebook took off, and Twitter was all the rage. I watched him pimping electric cars in a few different videos.
July 11, 2012, 12:47 p.m. CST
July 11, 2012, 2:32 p.m. CST
goddamn you, chestrockwell. Right after i read your post, this song is playing on my Radio @ my Job.
Boogie Woogie, Woogie, Woogie!
- That rumor about Sony selling SPIDER-MAN? Don't you believe it for a second! -- 248 total posts 72 posts
- Papa Vinyard thinks that HANGOVER: PART III was a paycheck grab for a buncha people who are already rich!! -- 35 total posts 35 posts
- We have some new details on the POLTERGEIST remake/reboot/sequel!! -- 182 total posts 32 posts
- Next on the Reboot assemblyline? TIMECOP!! -- 73 total posts 29 posts
- The METALLICA THROUGH THE NEVER Teaser! -- 93 total posts 27 posts
- New MAN OF STEEL trailer makes me happy that Superman has severe red eye!!! -- 685 total posts 13 posts
- So where is FAST AND FURIOUS 7 going to take place!?! -- 60 total posts 11 posts
Returns To 24!! -- 18 total posts 10 posts
- Kristin Scott Thomas Chews Up Ryan Gosling's Girlfriend In A Very Nasty Clip From ONLY GOD FORGIVES! -- 49 total posts 7 posts
- Yo Listen Up Here's A Story About A Little Guy That Lives In A Blue World... -- 138 total posts 6 posts