SDCC Exclusive: AICN Screening of LAWLESS at Comic-Con with Special Guests, hosted by Quint [FULL, CHECK YOUR EMAIL]!
Monty Cristo here, as Quint is furiously packing to escape paradise (aka New Zealand).
ALL ADVANCE VIP AND REGULAR TICKETS FROM THIS GIVEAWAY ARE SPOKEN FOR. EMAILS WILL GO OUT TO ALL WINNERS TODAY (TUESDAY).
IF YOU DO NOT GET AN EMAIL FROM THIS GIVEAWAY, WATCH FOR OTHER TICKET GIVEAWAYS FROM WEINSTEIN COMPANY.
WATCH FOR ANOTHER SCREENING ANNOUNCEMENT THIS (TUESDAY) MORNING.
At San Diego Comic-Con this weekend, not only will Quint, Capone and I be around, but we have partnered with the Weinstein Company for a special SDCC screening event!
Our very own Quint will host a screening of LAWLESS on Saturday at midnight with the cast/filmmakers, including director John Hilcoat as well as actors Shia LaBeouf, Dane Dehan, and Jason Clarke.
LAWLESS tells the true story of the bootlegging Bondurant brothers of Virginia back during Prohibition. The movie is based on "The Wettest County in the World", the novel written by Matt Bondurant.
Quint went nuts for this movie at Cannes (calling it "violently awesome"). That review that made me yet more interested to see it as soon as possible.
The Weinstein folks will be giving away tickets themselves separately, but we've got 100 tickets total (including 20 VIP) for AICN readers who will be in San Diego for the big show. For a chance to get on the list, do the following:
1) Send an email here with the subject line:
I WANNA GET WET IN SAN DIEGO
2) Include your name and up to two (2) guests.
The 20 VIP spots will go to the first 20 names we get.
That's it. First come, first served. If you don't win one of these tickets, there will be a standby line, so all is not lost! Here's the location/date/time:
Saturday, 14 July 2012
701 5th Ave
San Diego, CA
I'll update this post once we're full.
PS: We're hosting another screening too, to be announced in the morning. :)
Moisés Chiullan / "Monty Cristo"
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
July 9, 2012, 7:42 p.m. CST
July 9, 2012, 9:46 p.m. CST
yeah right ¬¬
July 10, 2012, 9:52 a.m. CST
July 10, 2012, 1:27 p.m. CST
July 11, 2012, 11:52 p.m. CST
and "Bronson" was the shit.
July 14, 2012, 3:43 a.m. CST
by Monty Cristo
We gave away the portion of tickets given to us by Weinstein Company, but we want you guys to come out, and will make sure to get the word out if it's a waste of time to come down after a certain point. Loads of people got in to SOLOMON KANE tonight. SDCC plans change, and we always want these shows full.
- Alfonso Cuaron has me dying to see GRAVITY after seeing this trailer! -- 281 total posts 137 posts
- Kiefer Sutherland To Reprise Jack Bauer On New 24 Series?? -- 135 total posts 84 posts
- William Fichtner Joins TMNT! -- 117 total posts 82 posts
- ABC To Announce Series Order For Joss Whedon’s AGENTS OF SHIELD Any Minute Now?? -- 76 total posts 76 posts
- AICN COMICS OPINIONS ARE LIKE @$$HOLES: BottleImp sounds off about MAN OF STEEL! -- 366 total posts 54 posts
PARKS AND RECREATION
Gets Its Sixth Season!!
UP ALL NIGHT
GUYS WITH KIDS
-- 111 total posts 38 posts
- "My Name's Alan And I Bought A Giraffe!" GIRAFFE OR DUCK Game for THE HANGOVER PART III! -- 51 total posts 31 posts
- Live in Chicago? Capone has seats to an early screening of STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS!!! -- 84 total posts 21 posts
- Robert Redford spoils some of Captain America: The Winter Soldier! -- 362 total posts 20 posts
- Harry says Leonardo DiCaprio is THE GREAT GATSBY!!! -- 365 total posts 20 posts