AICN Toys: Hot Toys Bossk & DARK KNIGHT RISES, Marvel's AMAZING SPIDER-MAN, THUNDERCATS Minimates, And More!!
John Ary here with a quick look at a few action figure lines that are making headlines this week...
Bossk from Sideshow Collectibles
Each of the bounty hunters from The Empire Strikes Back had a dangerous aura about them. IG-88 was cold and calculating. Dengar looked like a callous child molester. Of course Boba Fett was the bad ass of the group. 4-Lom was… he… I’m sure he had something sinister going for him. Of all of them, Bossk was the one to fear most. If he caught you, you were either going to be delivered to a vile crime boss or devoured for dinner. Now Sideshow Collectibles has created a 12-inch deluxe version of this Trandoshan hunter complete with a film accurate pressure suit and flak vest, two sets of interchangeable hands, two sets of feet, his V-10 micro grenade launcher, and an exclusive alternate snarling head. He’s up for pre-order here or you can wait for his release in December.
The Dark Knight Rises from Hot Toys
With the movie only a couple of weeks away, Hot Toys has thrown a couple of preview shots up on its Facebook page of two new The Dark Knight Rises items. First we’re getting a look at the new Batman 1/6 scale figure. According to the picture descriptions it will feature a fabric costume with armor based on the costume design in the film. Then there is The Bat. We’re not sure if this is a full 1/6 scale vehicle, but we’ll let you know when more details are revealed in the coming weeks.
The Amazing Spider-Man Marvel Select Exclusive from Diamond Select Toys
The Disney Store and MarvelStore.com will get the exclusive on these two new Marvel Select figures based on The Amazing Spider-Man. One version will feature interchangeable gloveless hands, plus an interchangeable unmasked Peter Parker head. The other figure has a metallic finish. Look for these to swing into action this month.
ThunderCats Minimates from Diamond Select Toys
The good news: we'll soon be getting new ThunderCats toys. The bad news: It sounds like you'll probably have to be at San Diego Comic Con to get them. Action Figure Express will be selling several different sets of collectible figures including this Minimate group featuring Lion-O, Jaga, Panthro, Mumm-Ra and a PVC Snarf. AFE will put up a few on their website after the show. Friday the 13th from NECA
Just in time to celebrate the season of the witch, we’ll soon get two new action figure versions of Jason Vorhees. Along with weapons and 25 points of articulation, each will feature a unique mask and head. Look for these 7-inch scale creeps to arrive in September. They are also available for pre-order here. And finally this week, DC Collectibles was nice enough to send me one of their New 52 Batman action figures.
Here's my review...
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
July 5, 2012, 11:14 a.m. CST
Hot toys don't fuck around. We need a UN like them...
July 5, 2012, 11:17 a.m. CST
While I'm on the subject of DC...
July 5, 2012, 11:28 a.m. CST
;) Kidding. Actually a fan, keep it up.
July 5, 2012, 11:29 a.m. CST
by Quake II
I can't wait to ignore every toy associated with The (not so) Amazing Spider-Man. Landfills in this country will be eating well soon.
July 5, 2012, 11:32 a.m. CST
July 5, 2012, 12:03 p.m. CST
... has his buttocks on the front side.
July 5, 2012, 12:26 p.m. CST
He ain't so 'Amazing' without them. *dip that last statement in a vat of boiling hot sarcasm.*
July 5, 2012, 12:31 p.m. CST
July 5, 2012, 1:45 p.m. CST
You're right, you don't want to mess with Bossk's cankles.
July 5, 2012, 2:56 p.m. CST
by MOOMBA is HERE
Yeah, even for Malcolm X and Roots. Moomba has spoken!
July 5, 2012, 4:35 p.m. CST
And i thought what a bunch of badasses!
July 5, 2012, 11:38 p.m. CST
I could totally see Jon Hamm as that version. Just put him on that body building regimen Hugh Jackman is on.
July 6, 2012, 6:10 a.m. CST
Now that's taking things a little too far. :) Plus, Shia?
July 6, 2012, 9:37 a.m. CST
- Will there be a change of roster in Avengers: Age of Ultron and if so, who's gonna be on it? -- 245 total posts 131 posts
- Is this what Doctor Doom looks like in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 256 total posts 101 posts
- Scream and Shout: Quint is inspired by Guardians of the Galaxy to revisit BATTLE BEYOND THE STARS (1980)! -- 169 total posts 91 posts
- New Poster for OPEN WINDOWS! -- 84 total posts 84 posts
- This Trailer For The New SHAUN THE SHEEP Movie Doesn’t Look Too Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad!! -- 42 total posts 42 posts
- Co-Director Anthony Russo Is Teasing, What, Exactly, Regarding CAPTAIN AMERICA 3?? -- 232 total posts 35 posts
- A Few Promo Images From EXODUS: GODS AND KINGS Bring Ridleyish Spectacle!! -- 136 total posts 34 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 32 total posts 32 posts
- AICN HORROR looks at EXTRATERRESTRIAL! SAVAGELAND! REVELATION TRAIL! THE POSESSION OF MICHAEL KING! THE LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE! SLOPPY THE PSYCHOTIC! MY FAIR ZOMBIE! THE FORBIDDEN GIRL! MOEBIUS! TWILIGHT ZONE 1985! SUFFER THE CHILDREN Book Review! & cast your vote for PRESIDENT WOLFMAN! -- 29 total posts 29 posts
-- 55 total posts 25 posts