AICN Toys: Hot Toys Bossk & DARK KNIGHT RISES, Marvel's AMAZING SPIDER-MAN, THUNDERCATS Minimates, And More!!
John Ary here with a quick look at a few action figure lines that are making headlines this week...
Bossk from Sideshow Collectibles
Each of the bounty hunters from The Empire Strikes Back had a dangerous aura about them. IG-88 was cold and calculating. Dengar looked like a callous child molester. Of course Boba Fett was the bad ass of the group. 4-Lom was… he… I’m sure he had something sinister going for him. Of all of them, Bossk was the one to fear most. If he caught you, you were either going to be delivered to a vile crime boss or devoured for dinner. Now Sideshow Collectibles has created a 12-inch deluxe version of this Trandoshan hunter complete with a film accurate pressure suit and flak vest, two sets of interchangeable hands, two sets of feet, his V-10 micro grenade launcher, and an exclusive alternate snarling head. He’s up for pre-order here or you can wait for his release in December.
The Dark Knight Rises from Hot Toys
With the movie only a couple of weeks away, Hot Toys has thrown a couple of preview shots up on its Facebook page of two new The Dark Knight Rises items. First we’re getting a look at the new Batman 1/6 scale figure. According to the picture descriptions it will feature a fabric costume with armor based on the costume design in the film. Then there is The Bat. We’re not sure if this is a full 1/6 scale vehicle, but we’ll let you know when more details are revealed in the coming weeks.
The Amazing Spider-Man Marvel Select Exclusive from Diamond Select Toys
The Disney Store and MarvelStore.com will get the exclusive on these two new Marvel Select figures based on The Amazing Spider-Man. One version will feature interchangeable gloveless hands, plus an interchangeable unmasked Peter Parker head. The other figure has a metallic finish. Look for these to swing into action this month.
ThunderCats Minimates from Diamond Select Toys
The good news: we'll soon be getting new ThunderCats toys. The bad news: It sounds like you'll probably have to be at San Diego Comic Con to get them. Action Figure Express will be selling several different sets of collectible figures including this Minimate group featuring Lion-O, Jaga, Panthro, Mumm-Ra and a PVC Snarf. AFE will put up a few on their website after the show. Friday the 13th from NECA
Just in time to celebrate the season of the witch, we’ll soon get two new action figure versions of Jason Vorhees. Along with weapons and 25 points of articulation, each will feature a unique mask and head. Look for these 7-inch scale creeps to arrive in September. They are also available for pre-order here. And finally this week, DC Collectibles was nice enough to send me one of their New 52 Batman action figures.
Here's my review...
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
July 5, 2012, 11:14 a.m. CST
Hot toys don't fuck around. We need a UN like them...
July 5, 2012, 11:17 a.m. CST
While I'm on the subject of DC...
July 5, 2012, 11:28 a.m. CST
;) Kidding. Actually a fan, keep it up.
July 5, 2012, 11:29 a.m. CST
by Quake II
I can't wait to ignore every toy associated with The (not so) Amazing Spider-Man. Landfills in this country will be eating well soon.
July 5, 2012, 11:32 a.m. CST
July 5, 2012, 12:03 p.m. CST
... has his buttocks on the front side.
July 5, 2012, 12:26 p.m. CST
He ain't so 'Amazing' without them. *dip that last statement in a vat of boiling hot sarcasm.*
July 5, 2012, 12:31 p.m. CST
July 5, 2012, 1:45 p.m. CST
You're right, you don't want to mess with Bossk's cankles.
July 5, 2012, 2:56 p.m. CST
by MOOMBA is HERE
Yeah, even for Malcolm X and Roots. Moomba has spoken!
July 5, 2012, 4:35 p.m. CST
And i thought what a bunch of badasses!
July 5, 2012, 11:38 p.m. CST
I could totally see Jon Hamm as that version. Just put him on that body building regimen Hugh Jackman is on.
July 6, 2012, 6:10 a.m. CST
Now that's taking things a little too far. :) Plus, Shia?
July 6, 2012, 9:37 a.m. CST
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 198 total posts 173 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 158 total posts 114 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 194 total posts 51 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 558 total posts 35 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 180 total posts 23 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 111 total posts 21 posts
- Check Out Thomas Haden Church in this Trailer for WHITEWASH! -- 66 total posts 10 posts
- ‘There Is Only One Hell!!’ Stannis, Davos, Melissandre, Varys, Bran, Hodor, Reek And The Bastard Of Bolton Return For Tonight’s Big Second GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 356 total posts 9 posts
- REAL HISTORY OF SCIENCE FICTION Premiere!! The Return Of ORPHAN BLACK!! Hallmark’s A LESSON IN ROMANCE!! Lifetime’s A DAY LATE AND A DOLLAR SHORT!! Herc’s Saturday TV Talkback!! -- 7 total posts 7 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 191 total posts 7 posts