AICN COMICS EXCLUSIVE PREVIEW: Check out this exclusive preview of Grant Morrison’s ACTION COMICS #11 in stores next week!!!
Hey folks, Ambush Bug with an exclusive preview of the latest issue of ACTION COMICS. Visionary writer Grant Morrison is currently doing a bang up job on the book taking Clark Kent and Co. into all kinds of new directions. Here’s a five page preview and a few covers thrown in for good measure. Be sure to pick up ACTION COMICS #11 when it hits the stands next Wednesday!!!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
June 28, 2012, 10:22 p.m. CST
by John Ary
June 28, 2012, 10:44 p.m. CST
until Morrison wrote him; doing his a true humanitarian (alien!) it´s refreshing, specially in the era of the godamned Batman.
June 28, 2012, 10:59 p.m. CST
didn't care too much for the animated adaptation, maybe will give it a go.
June 29, 2012, 1:43 a.m. CST
by V. von Doom
Morrison's best instincts come alive when he writes Supes. He can balance the classic vision of the character while throwing in one of his patented far-out concepts every now and then. Nice to see Metalek again -- let's hope it becomes established as an occasional villain. (First appeared in BATMAN AND ROBIN as part of a throwaway gag -- one of the Brit super-villains kept imprisoned in the Tower of London! The construction of the words "Metalek" and "Dalek" give a clue to the derivation.)
June 29, 2012, 4:48 a.m. CST
"We can rebuild these houses better than before. Who's with me?" The children cheered with delight! I had no idea Newt Gingrich was writing for DC now.
June 29, 2012, 7:21 a.m. CST
Really I just wish they'd give him back his red panties.
June 29, 2012, 8:22 a.m. CST
by Handiana Jolo
i could've sworn he got his "modern" uni in action comics recently. I don't really care to see superman's beginnings in the Dcnu - I wouldn't mind someone taking us through the timelines of batman, though, and how the 3 robins all played out in apparently a little more than 5 years? i just don't know if batman has enough books in the DCnU to tell that story. </sarcasm> bat titles make up such a large percentage of their titles and i would bet an even larger portion of their revenue....
June 29, 2012, 10:46 a.m. CST
Yeah, no. That's the part Newt would have left out. Those people could never afford the rent now, even if they were the ones who re-built it. The owner is still the owner. And he'll raise the rents. So the Newt comparison makes me chuckle a little. This comic looks pretty interesting, actually.
June 29, 2012, 11:25 a.m. CST
Whatever. See it still sucks.
June 29, 2012, 5:08 p.m. CST
by Jon Forbing
Whatever. See a lot of internet commenters are still judgemental assholes.
June 29, 2012, 5:12 p.m. CST
by Jon Forbing
Yeah, I think this series is still set in the "past". It's Superman when he first gets to Metropolis, not quite "Superboy", but still not the experienced Superman he will be, and is in the other titles. Personally, I like it. I think Morrison works better when his writing is removed from other titles, and the fact that there is a set future prevents him from going overboard and turning Superman into a rapist or something.
June 29, 2012, 6:46 p.m. CST
by Aaron Cale
While it is set in the past as stated above, Supes has indeed already acquired the Kryptonian armor during the Braniac/Kandor/miniaturized Metropolis ordeal in issue 6, 7, or 8... can't remember which. Not sure why he'd be rocking the t-shirt and jeans any more at this point...
July 3, 2012, 9:08 p.m. CST
It saved me some cash. I'm just sorry I wasted good money on the first few issues of this crap. Anyone know how the sales trend for the "So-Called Superman" titles have been? If there's any justice in the world they've been going South. I don't think even Morrison can save this wretched reboot.
Makes sense to me. He wears the t-shirt and jeans in public to seem more like the common person and so the public can relate to him more. He wears his Kryptonian armor costume around the Justice League because he's pretty much among gods there and wants to be respected by them.
- Check Out Spidey and Electro in the First Clip from THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2! -- 159 total posts 159 posts
- ‘Nobody’s Interested In Your Texts!!’ President Barack Obama Takes On Zach Galifianakis BETWEEN TWO FERNS!! -- 191 total posts 156 posts
- Is one of these guys ready to play Dr. Victor Von Doom in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 263 total posts 132 posts
- Quint has seen Gareth Edwards and Legendary's Godzilla presentation at SXSW! Full on Kaiju badassery! -- 94 total posts 94 posts
- A New Scene From THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2!! -- 78 total posts 78 posts
- SXSW 2014: Nordling Reviews THE RAID 2: BERANDAL! -- 68 total posts 68 posts
- Jason Sudeikis to star as the Laker lovin', disguise wearin' Irwin "Fletch" Fletcher in FLETCH WON! -- 120 total posts 48 posts
- The LEGO MOVIE Sequel Finds Its Director - Will He Be A Master Builder?? -- 39 total posts 39 posts
- The Rock ‘Em, Sock ‘Em Badassity Of TITANFALL Is Now Upon Us!! -- 84 total posts 25 posts
- See The Flash's Full Costume For The New CW Show!! -- 90 total posts 24 posts