Live in Chicago? Capone has seats for an advance screening of RED LIGHTS w/ actor Cillian Murphy and director Rodrigo Cortés Q&A!!!
Hey everyone. Capone in Chicago here.
I'm particularly excited about this screening event because we have two really cool guests, one I've worked with before and the other I've never met but I sincerely admire. First off let me tell you a little about the film we'll be previewing. RED LIGHTS (opening in mid-July in select cities) is the story of psychologist Margaret Matheson (Sigourney Weaver) and her assistant (Cillian Murphy) who study paranormal activity, mostly in an effort to debunk report of such events. Their work leads them to investigate a world-renowned blind psychic (Robert De Niro), who has resurfaced years after his toughest critic mysteriously passed away. The film also stars Toby Jones, Elizabeth Olsen, and Joely Richardson, and is written and directed by Rodrigo Cortés (the director of the 2010 claustrophobic delight BURIED). It should be fun watching Cortés working outside the box, so to speak.
Cortés came to Chicago along with his star Ryan Reynolds a couple years back, and we had a lively, informative Q&A. Thankfully, Cortés will be returning to the Windy City along with his leading actor Cillian Murphy to repeat the Q&A experience after an advance screening of RED LIGHTS on Thursday, June 21 at 7:00pm at a theater in downtown Chicago (the exact location will only be given to winners). Here's how to win one of 100 seats reserved especially for Ain't It Cool readers…
Send me an email at RedLightsChicago@aintitcoolmail.com (please note the new email address) with the subject line "beLIEve!" (exactly like that, including the capitalization). In the body of the email, I need your full Name, whether or not you're bringing a Guest (winners may bring ONE GUEST, but guests' names are not required), and the answer to the following question (read carefully): "What is your favorite film featuring some type of psychic, and why?" So what I'm looking for is a film title, and a convincing argument that your pick is the best. Keep your responses BRIEF--no more than 75 words (no matter how tempted you are to go over the limit). People with the most interesting and original answers win. Winners will be notified in the next couple of days.
Although this is not an exclusive Ain't It Cool News event, winners' seats will be held until 15 minutes before showtime (6:45pm), at which time any empty seats in our rows will be given away. So you should arrive early to make sure you get in and get a good seat. If you can't arrive early, don't enter this contest. If there's even the slightest chance you or your guest will have to back out of attending or arrive late if you do win, don't enter. If you have a job that might make you late or unable to attend, or an ill/pregnant relative, or a temperamental significant other, or a scratchy throat, do not enter.
Good luck, everyone! And thanks to Millennium Entertainment for giving us this very cool screening and bringing these talented guests to Chicago.
-- Steve Prokopy
Follow Me On Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
June 16, 2012, 7:13 p.m. CST
by Tigger Tales
June 17, 2012, 6:02 a.m. CST
Of course, with a half decent actor in place of Reynolds, the film could have been even better! But for a movie that must remain one of the cheapest to produce in the history of cinema, the director took a very simple idea, a bland actor, the dullest of 'locations' and made something watchable! I like the cast for Red Lights but with DeNiro and Weaver pretty much phoning in their performances these day, I'm not half as excited to see either of them in the same movie as I would have been twenty years ago. Murphy still tries, and always performs well, but I'd like to have seen him star alongside equally enthusiastic and hungry talented actors.
June 17, 2012, 9:48 a.m. CST
Should be redlightSchicago@aintitcoolmail.com
June 17, 2012, 12:59 p.m. CST
by Obi Wanna Cannoli
I would have liked to meet Cillian. I used to live in his home town of Douglas Ireland (near Cork). Hope this movie is good.
June 17, 2012, 2:54 p.m. CST
by Axl Z
it is what it is, not up to sixth sense standards as the adverts have been saying but the mrs enjoyed it.. Enjoy the plotholes!
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 700 total posts 77 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 409 total posts 43 posts
- DOCTOR WHO 8.2!! ‘Kelvington’ Reviews This Weekend’s Episode And Says He’s Not Sure He Enjoys ‘What The Show Is Becoming’!! -- 363 total posts 28 posts
- WALKING DEAD!! BOARDWALK EMPIRE!! AGENTS OF SHIELD!! STAR WARS REBELS!! SOUTH PARK!! NEW GIRL!! HOMELAND!! GOTHAM!! FLASH!! SURVIVOR!! RESURRECTION!! PARENTHOOD!! BURGERS!! BLACKLIST!! BANG!! VOICE!! SLEEPY!! PERSON!! UTOPIA!! ANARCHY!! Z!! More Than 200 Autumn Premiere Dates!! -- 44 total posts 27 posts
- A New Clip From STAR WARS REBELS!! -- 25 total posts 25 posts
- Abortionist Killers On PBS!! HOUDINI Hits History!! Angie Returns To THE DOME!! New DALLAS, PARADISE, WOLF, WILD, MASTERCHEF, MODEL, NINJA, HOTEL, BEACH, & RAW!! PARTNERS & MISTRESSES Finales!! UNAUTHORIZED SAVED BY THE BELL STORY!! Annaleigh Ashford On CRAIG!! Herc’s Monday TV Talkback!! -- 22 total posts 22 posts
- A Few Promo Images From EXODUS: GODS AND KINGS Bring Ridleyish Spectacle!! -- 211 total posts 21 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 366 total posts 19 posts
- Fantastic Fest 2014 Trailer Wave Part 2! -- 21 total posts 13 posts
- Two More BIG BROTHER Nominations!! The Return Of ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN!! MI6 On PBS!! FALLING SKIES Finale!! New STRAIN, MANHATTAN, MASTERS, NAKED, RAY, RECKLESS, BEACHFRONT, BREATHLESS, KARDASHIANS, WIPEOUT!! No LEFTOVERS Finale!! Herc’s Sunday TV Talkback!! -- 30 total posts 9 posts