John Ary Talks To Dax Shepard And Kristen Bell About HIT & RUN!!
John Ary here with a conversation between Dax Shepard, Kristen Bell and myself.
The couple held a public screening for their new independent feature in Austin on Sunday. Hit & Run is a passion project for Shepard as he wrote, co-directed, produced, performed the stunt work and starred in the film. He plays a man hiding in the witness protection program from his old bank robbing crew lead by Bradley Cooper. When the gang catches wind that Shepard is taking his girlfriend (Kristen Bell) into Los Angeles for a job interview, the action kicks in. Although Shepard and Bell head up a strong cast including Michael Rosenbaum, Kristin Chenoweth, Beau Bridges, and Tom Arnold, the true stars of the movie are the car chase sequences that have been resurrected from the 70's and 80's. Hal Needham would be proud.
After the screening, I caught up with the pair in an office above the theater to talk about cars, the awkwardness of telling a friend they can't be on the movie poster and how to avoid clichés in film.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
June 6, 2012, 3:52 p.m. CST
by Ultron ver 2.0
dude has a certain likeable, albeit hammy, vibe to him. Kristin Bell? 'Nuff said.
June 6, 2012, 4:09 p.m. CST
It was a fun but fairly forgettable movie. Dax and Kristen have obvious chemistry, and they did as much as they could with the budget they had, but it's far from a must see.
June 6, 2012, 4:18 p.m. CST
Dax has always been on my radar as a little bit lame, but after this interview, my respect for the guy went up. I haven't really seen any of his movies (because of said perceived lameness), but I think I'll give this one a shot. Anyone who's got this kind of passion for making films at least deserves a little of my money.
June 6, 2012, 4:23 p.m. CST
June 6, 2012, 4:26 p.m. CST
Remember Dax as one of the stooges on Punk'd...always thought of him as a Jason Mewes-lite with a smidge more talent.
June 6, 2012, 4:37 p.m. CST
June 6, 2012, 4:46 p.m. CST
June 6, 2012, 5:15 p.m. CST
June 6, 2012, 5:25 p.m. CST
June 6, 2012, 5:25 p.m. CST
June 6, 2012, 6:26 p.m. CST
June 6, 2012, 10:24 p.m. CST
whenever he wants.
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 453 total posts 172 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of The First Jack Bauer 24 Adventure Since 2010!! Plus GAME OF THRONES, MAD MEN, HANNIBAL, AGENTS OF SHIELD, And More!! And The Return Of FX MOVIE DOWNLOAD Star Sasha Perl-Raver!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 298 total posts 148 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 324 total posts 78 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 51 total posts 51 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 251 total posts 31 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 213 total posts 23 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 587 total posts 21 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 17 total posts 17 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 14 total posts 14 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 128 total posts 13 posts