Brad Peyton Is All Shook Up To Direct SAN ANDREAS 3D!!
The Kidd here...
You never can have enough disaster movies coming your way, so it makes perfect sense for New Line to add SAN ANDREAS 3D to the docket, bringing Brad Peyton (JOURNEY 2: MYSTERIOUS ISLAND) on-board to direct.
Peyton, who held his own with plenty of visual effects with the JOURNEY sequel, would bring a massive earthquake to California this time around, according to The Hollywood Reporter, giving New York a movie off from being destroyed (after all, it's usually one or the other).
As for the rest of the story, that's being kept quiet, although I can imagine it being an ensemble piece where a hero dies, a dog is in trouble, some kids need to be rescued and... well, we've been here before.
This sounds an awful lot like another earthquake movie (hmmm... EARTHQUAKE perhaps), and New Line is sure to be counting on California being destroyed to be enough to bring them in at the box office... but can we please just for once have a flick like this that actually has a story we can sink our teeth into also? How about it, New Line?
I like watching shit get wrecked as much as the next guy/girl... but after awhile, it all starts to look less impressive and very much the same. We can do better... so please do.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
June 6, 2012, 2:01 p.m. CST
June 6, 2012, 2:04 p.m. CST
Will Samuel L. Jackson reprise his role? I hope they can bring back James Woods too, he killed it before!
June 6, 2012, 2:05 p.m. CST
June 6, 2012, 2:10 p.m. CST
by Riley Harrison
You know you're a nerd when you forget that San Andreas is the fault line that lies underneath the very STATE THAT YOU LIVE IN, and rather immediately think of the video game featuring characters that vaguely resembled members of N.W.A. in the 1990s. Also- going poop without peeing just a little bit is impossible, regardless of whether or not you've just take a piss 3 seconds before.
June 6, 2012, 2:12 p.m. CST
June 6, 2012, 2:15 p.m. CST
by professor murder
You mean, this movie isn't about stealing cars, shooting people, running from the cops, and banging hot coffee strippers?
June 6, 2012, 2:17 p.m. CST
but that felt too obvious
June 6, 2012, 2:33 p.m. CST
Should bring the value of my home in Nevada up nicely, once it becomes beach front property. You are _all_ invited to my Jackie Treehorn party. Yeah, I thought it was going to be a GTA movie, too.
June 6, 2012, 3:08 p.m. CST
June 6, 2012, 3:28 p.m. CST
How about a instead of the dad who's absentee we have a guy with no kids. No one to tie him down. All his family and friends have families of their own which slows them down. He watches as they are not quick enough to escape the devastation. Why have a group of survivors who continue the human race? Why not kill every last person with one sole survivor. The Divide did this beautifully. Have one guy who becomes the last Californian.
June 6, 2012, 3:33 p.m. CST
June 6, 2012, 4 p.m. CST
June 6, 2012, 4:04 p.m. CST
Damn you! Chuck Heston shoulda been in this. Yet more destruction-porn, but let's not go overboard and stop pretending that our n-plants are safe as kittens.
June 6, 2012, 4:09 p.m. CST
by Obi Wanna Cannoli
June 6, 2012, 4:40 p.m. CST
tried to warn everyone, I won't see it. It also needs a hero that's just trying to get to his family(who hates him, or who has a new husband/dad that turns out to actually be evil) and keep them safe.
June 6, 2012, 4:48 p.m. CST
Tell me a Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas movie would not kick holy amounts of ass! Through in Samuel Jackson again while you're at it.
June 6, 2012, 5:11 p.m. CST
but I'm sure it'll be some crap starring andrew macarthy.
June 6, 2012, 8:29 p.m. CST
June 7, 2012, 9:07 a.m. CST
Nico Bellic FTW!
June 7, 2012, 1:56 p.m. CST
by Gary Makin
June 7, 2012, 2:52 p.m. CST
Come on CJ, don't go parkin' us up a tree or nothin'.
June 7, 2012, 4:42 p.m. CST
I alrelady saw Earthquake (in Sensurround). But I gladly would pay $20 to see all my local geological/architectural landmarks blown to shit in 3-D!
- The Next STAR TREK!! Variety Says ATTACK THE BLOCK’s Joe Cornish Is Not Directing And Alex Kurtzman Is Not Writing!! -- 73 total posts 73 posts
- Big SPOILERS for X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST and APOCALYPSE as new rumors suggest a familiar face will be playing the role of APOCALYPSE!! -- 461 total posts 34 posts
- Disney can now make new Indiana Jones Movies!!! But what about Paramount? -- 502 total posts 32 posts
- Jerry Bruckheimer has returned to Paramount and Brett Ratner's BEVERLY HILLS COP IV is now on the way (again)! -- 224 total posts 15 posts
- Penultimate HOMELAND!! New BURGERS, SIMPSONS, GUY, DAD, MENTALIST, ONCE, REVENGE, BETRAYAL, TREME & SEX!! Mandela On 60 MINUTES!! AMAZING RACE Finale!! Last MENTALIST Of 2013!! BONNIE & CLYDE Premiere!! Herc's Sunday TV Talkback!! -- 36 total posts 6 posts
- The Annual Official Fake BUTT-NUMB-A-THON 15 List!!! Plus other things like STANDBY news! -- 190 total posts 6 posts
- The Friday Docback Rounds Up This Week's DOCTOR WHO News!! 50th Celebration, 'Time of the Doctor,' HornOrSilk Reviews 'The Assassination Games' Big Finish Audio, And More!! -- 70 total posts 3 posts
- Fox To Dabble In Shared X-MEN / FF Movieverse!?!? -- 220 total posts 3 posts
- Idris Elba On THE DAILY SHOW!! Ian McKellen On LETTERMAN!! Amy Adams On FALLON!! New RICK & MORTY, ALMOST HUMAN, CRYO, BROKE, MET, MOLLY, MOM, HOSTAGES, VOICE, MNF & RAW!! Herc’s Monday TV Talkback!! -- 2 total posts 2 posts
- Papa Vinyard's Oscar Sunday: THE BIG HOUSE (1930)! -- 11 total posts 2 posts