Hey Collectors! Get Ready To Bid On Rare Artwork, Props And Other Cool Items From The Films Of Ridley Scott And Guillermo Del Toro In The Paul Prischman Charity Auction!
On December 20, 2009, Paul Prischman lost his valiant two-year battle against brain cancer. He was a dedicated husband to his wife Cristin, a proud father of two wonderful daughters, and as loyal a friend as I'll ever have. When Steve Weintraub and I launched Collider in the summer of 2005, Paul was constantly brainstorming ways he could help the site. In early 2006, he came through in a ridiculously big way with a special screening of the Director's Cut of Ridley Scott's KINGDOM OF HEAVEN (the DVD for which he'd worked on as an associate producer). Collider was barely a blip on the movie website radar at the time (high school kids with LiveJournals were kicking our ass in traffic), but there we were hosting an event at the Hollywood Arclight with Scott and screenwriter William Monahan in attendance. It was an early, critical boost for the site. It made us feel like we belonged. And it would've never happened were it not for Paul's efforts.
Paul was this generous with all of his friends, which is why, when he became ill, Paul's Brain Trust was formed. Now that he's gone, the group is committed to helping out Cristin and the girls in any way they can. This means, if you're a movie memorabilia collector with a fondness for the films of Ridley Scott and Guillermo del Toro, you've got the opportunity to bid on some amazing items for a very good cause.
Interested? All you've got to do is head over to the Paul's Brain Trust auction page on eBay, and bid away. There's an ALIEN xenomorph prop head from the original film mold signed by Ridley Scott, an original first draft of the BLADE RUNNER screenplay signed by Hampton Fancher, concept art from BLADE II and both HELLBOY movies, an assortment of signed Blu-rays and more! Some of these items are extremely rare, so don't miss out. And know that the proceeds are going to help provide for the future of Paul's daughters. It's feel-good splurging!
Here are some pictures of Scott and del Toro signing the props.
And here's Paul. Miss you, man.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Big SPOILERS for X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST and APOCALYPSE as new rumors suggest a familiar face will be playing the role of APOCALYPSE!! -- 272 total posts 137 posts
- Disney can now make new Indiana Jones Movies!!! But what about Paramount? -- 305 total posts 114 posts
- Jerry Bruckheimer has returned to Paramount and Brett Ratner's BEVERLY HILLS COP IV is now on the way (again)! -- 144 total posts 58 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of INSIDE LLEWYN DAVIS, OUT OF THE FURNACE, FROZEN, Tomorrow’s HOMELAND, The Latest WALKING DEAD And RETURNED, The First Big-Screen Wonder Woman and More!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 10pm PT / Sunday 1am ET!! -- 53 total posts 53 posts
- The Annual Official Fake BUTT-NUMB-A-THON 15 List!!! Plus other things like STANDBY news! -- 45 total posts 45 posts
- SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES Writers Developing New TERMINATOR TV Series!! -- 65 total posts 28 posts
- Fox To Dabble In Shared X-MEN / FF Movieverse!?!? -- 183 total posts 17 posts
LOW WINTER SUN
2013-2013 -- 20 total posts 13 posts
- The Friday Docback Rounds Up This Week's DOCTOR WHO News!! 50th Celebration, 'Time of the Doctor,' HornOrSilk Reviews 'The Assassination Games' Big Finish Audio, And More!! -- 36 total posts 12 posts
- Two More NYMPHOMANIAC Posters... -- 76 total posts 9 posts