Hey Collectors! Get Ready To Bid On Rare Artwork, Props And Other Cool Items From The Films Of Ridley Scott And Guillermo Del Toro In The Paul Prischman Charity Auction!
On December 20, 2009, Paul Prischman lost his valiant two-year battle against brain cancer. He was a dedicated husband to his wife Cristin, a proud father of two wonderful daughters, and as loyal a friend as I'll ever have. When Steve Weintraub and I launched Collider in the summer of 2005, Paul was constantly brainstorming ways he could help the site. In early 2006, he came through in a ridiculously big way with a special screening of the Director's Cut of Ridley Scott's KINGDOM OF HEAVEN (the DVD for which he'd worked on as an associate producer). Collider was barely a blip on the movie website radar at the time (high school kids with LiveJournals were kicking our ass in traffic), but there we were hosting an event at the Hollywood Arclight with Scott and screenwriter William Monahan in attendance. It was an early, critical boost for the site. It made us feel like we belonged. And it would've never happened were it not for Paul's efforts.
Paul was this generous with all of his friends, which is why, when he became ill, Paul's Brain Trust was formed. Now that he's gone, the group is committed to helping out Cristin and the girls in any way they can. This means, if you're a movie memorabilia collector with a fondness for the films of Ridley Scott and Guillermo del Toro, you've got the opportunity to bid on some amazing items for a very good cause.
Interested? All you've got to do is head over to the Paul's Brain Trust auction page on eBay, and bid away. There's an ALIEN xenomorph prop head from the original film mold signed by Ridley Scott, an original first draft of the BLADE RUNNER screenplay signed by Hampton Fancher, concept art from BLADE II and both HELLBOY movies, an assortment of signed Blu-rays and more! Some of these items are extremely rare, so don't miss out. And know that the proceeds are going to help provide for the future of Paul's daughters. It's feel-good splurging!
Here are some pictures of Scott and del Toro signing the props.
And here's Paul. Miss you, man.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Sony Says Fuck It, Announces Release Dates For THE SINISTER SIX And THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3! -- 258 total posts 258 posts
- From The Wasteland Emerges A MAD MAX: FURY ROAD Teaser Poster! -- 146 total posts 146 posts
- Behold The Blazing New Poster For THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES!! -- 143 total posts 143 posts
- Could These International TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES Posters Win Over A Skeptical 7(ish) Year Old?? -- 135 total posts 135 posts
- Will Ferrell and Adam McKay to bring you MANIMAL: THE MOVIE! -- 218 total posts 77 posts
- 4th Week of July 2014 PICKS & PEEKS: Werewolves, BLUE RUIN, Nordic Noir, ALL CHEERLEADERS DIE + more! -- 235 total posts 77 posts
- Idris Elba to play one of Guy Ritchie's KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE! -- 397 total posts 71 posts
- Aye! The Next PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN Film Has An Official Release Date!! -- 68 total posts 68 posts
- "I would never order an alcoholic beverage on the bridge..." Trailer for SPACE STATION 76 has its heart firmly in place and its tongue firmly in cheek! -- 106 total posts 57 posts
- Learn Which Movie Star Just Signed On To HBO’s Jonathan Nolan/Bad Robot Pilot WESTWORLD!! -- 46 total posts 46 posts