The Trailer For THE APPARITION Materializes!!
The Kidd here...
So ghosts are like Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy (not The Rock version)...? They only exist as long as we believe in them...?
That seems to be the premise of THE APPARITION, the coming summer horror flick from Warner Bros. starring Ashley Greene in PG-13 lingerie, a barely recognizable Tom Felton, Sebastian Stan and some supernatural mold. The new trailer for the flick has all of that, plus some touchy-feely hands and a whole lot of blandness. Could the borrow from THE RING be any more overt here?
THE APPARITION comes your way if you believe in it on August 24.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
May 24, 2012, 8:59 a.m. CST
May 24, 2012, 9 a.m. CST
Honestly, everytime I see a ghost-story... -Namaste-
May 24, 2012, 9:03 a.m. CST
The "obligatory" girl-in-her-underwear-faces-a-monster sequence. Not that I complain when it comes to Ashley Green showing the goods...
May 24, 2012, 9:04 a.m. CST
by Johnny Wishbone
I guess I'm dead.
May 24, 2012, 9:19 a.m. CST
Inanimate object imbued with a sort of half-life; has to earn the right to truly live. I'll be rooting for you, little statue-monster!
May 24, 2012, 9:26 a.m. CST
Because, y'know, viruses can sense fear. Why do people catch colds? Because they're afraid of catching colds.
May 24, 2012, 9:34 a.m. CST
by Turd Furgeson
Doesn't the studio realize that potter and twilight fans are pretty much old enough to see R rated movies now?
May 24, 2012, 9:48 a.m. CST
Some interesting things in the trailer. However, it will be more interesting to see how it all pulls together.
May 24, 2012, 9:50 a.m. CST
is so flipping hot.
May 24, 2012, 9:54 a.m. CST
For some reason all I saw was stuff that has already been done in other trailers and movies. Ring, Grudge, Pulse, Paranormal Activity, Entity, Skeleton Key... just to name a few. Didn't see anything original in there.
May 24, 2012, 10:01 a.m. CST
May 24, 2012, 10:03 a.m. CST
May 24, 2012, 10:18 a.m. CST
...at how fucking easy is to hook some potential audience members into actually giving out the cash to see these things (Im most certainly talking about myself here, mind you). Just the sight of Greene's peek-a-booing ass-cheeks in that nightie guaranteed my own ass on theater seat come opening day and the eventual blu purchase- if it doesn´t flat-out suck, anyway (I remember getting Pulse because of basically the same reasons -a starlet in lingerie whose name escapes me right now, who played Bell´s best friend). And the thing is, statistacally, I can´t be the only one. I'd fucking love producing flicks.
May 24, 2012, 10:29 a.m. CST
May 24, 2012, 10:36 a.m. CST
Wow that scene couldn't be closer to The Ring. Poor judgement.
May 24, 2012, 10:55 a.m. CST
Does that come with an 'Ages 13 and Up' label on the seam?
May 24, 2012, 10:56 a.m. CST
Sounds like a superhero who hasn't quite figured out the whole 'secret identity' thing.
May 24, 2012, 11:06 a.m. CST
May 24, 2012, 11:26 a.m. CST
by Jack Desmondi
Doesn't whoever the fuck "Tom Felton" is have to be recognizable to be made unrecognizable?
May 24, 2012, 11:30 a.m. CST
I saw Grudge, Paranormal Activity, hell even a little Blair Witch, let me throw a dash of Poltergeist in there for good measure.
May 24, 2012, 12:15 p.m. CST
But if I don't believe in it, its not real, but if its real, than I believe in it....too much to think about
May 24, 2012, 12:37 p.m. CST
Woman in Black came out this year and was PG-13. That was a great horror flick.
May 24, 2012, 12:52 p.m. CST
by Royston Lodge
May 24, 2012, 1:07 p.m. CST
by CAPTAIN RIGHTWING
The Horror at 37,000 feet. More specifically, the mold/growth. Have a look -<p> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL9VhF8M1NM <p> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxFEH_YzGeU&feature=relmfu
May 24, 2012, 2:31 p.m. CST
May 24, 2012, 7:44 p.m. CST
by Citizen Sane
It just doesn't get much more lame than this. Maybe Ashley whats her name will get more naked than that. But I still won't drop $12 on it.
May 24, 2012, 10:02 p.m. CST
"This movie scares me. I'm scared that if I see it I'll have wasted eight bucks." $8?? Which decade are you living in, and where? I can't get into a theatre for less than $12.
May 24, 2012, 10:51 p.m. CST
May 25, 2012, 1:14 a.m. CST
I'll probably see it... as long as the horror is effective, that's what counts the most.</p> </p> Woman in Black was suitability creepy, and effective, which is what I'm after in my horror films more than anything. At least its not another fucking slasher flick.</p> <p> When is John Dies at the End coming out anyway?
May 25, 2012, 7:12 a.m. CST
Good plot for a ghost story, but unfortunately, yeah, it looks pretty bland. Plus, who suffocates in a SHEET? Correct me if I'm wrong, but most sheets I've had are woven with breathable fabric.
- Nordling Reviews THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL! -- 29 total posts 27 posts
- Idris Elba to voice a great, big, bloody Bengal tiger by the name of Shere Khan in Jon Favreau's JUNGLE BOOK! -- 39 total posts 13 posts
- "Just another Saturday night" Marv and company are back in the first trailer for SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR!! -- 155 total posts 13 posts
- Are You Primed For Optimus’ TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION Character Poster?? -- 156 total posts 11 posts
- A newly remastered 4K print of THE TEXAS CHAIN SAW MASSACRE is coming just in time for its 40th anniversary!! -- 35 total posts 10 posts
- Will the sun come out tomorrow!?! The first trailer for the remake of ANNIE is here! -- 541 total posts 9 posts
- Sam Raimi to produce an adaptation of THE LAST OF US!!! -- 112 total posts 8 posts
- SNOWPIERCER finally gets a U.S. release date in its full, un-Weinstened glory! -- 24 total posts 7 posts
- Behold DIVERGENT’s Nifty New IMAX Poster!! -- 64 total posts 7 posts
- New PARKS, PARENTHOOD, PORTLANDIA, COMMUNITY, ELEMENTARY, HALF, CRAZY, MILLERS, VIKINGS, VAMPIRE, REIGN, GREY’S, SCANDAL, NERDS, IDOL, RAKE, BOO BOO, SEAGAL!! The Returns Of SUITS & WONDERLAND!! Bob Mould On LETTERMAN!! Herc’s Thursday TV Talkback!! -- 22 total posts 7 posts