ScoreKeeper Giving Away Two Bears For the Price of None! THE CAPE & THE MUSIC OF BATTLESTAR GALACTICA FOR SOLO PIANO!!
Greetings! ScoreKeeper here offering you two Bears for the price of none! That's right. Because one Bear just wouldn't be enough, I've decided to bundle "The Music of BATTLESTAR GALACTICA For Solo Piano" and THE CAPE as a single Bear-tastic giveaway!
"The Music of BATTLESTAR GALACTICA For Solo Piano" features 2-CDs of solo piano music from the hit SyFy television series BATTLESTAR GALACTICA (2004-2009). Many popular cues including "Roslin and Adama," "Wander My Friends," "Battlestar Sonatica," "Something Dark Is Coming," and one of my all-time favorites, "Prelude to War" have been beautifully arranged for solo piano by Bear McCreary and expertly performed by pianist Joohyun Park. This is a really cool album offering unique variations on the music from BATTLESTAR GALACTICA.
THE CAPE (2011) was a short-lived television series also scored by Bear McCreary utilizing a rather large orchestra for each episode. It's not too often you hear music this robust coming from the television world. Despite the show's short lifespan, McCreary composed some of the most ear-catching television music of the last decade. This 2-CD soundtrack is a must-have for any self-proclaimed fan of Bear McCreary.
I have five copies of each of these soundtracks that need to loving ears to nurture and care for them. All you have to do is…
Send me an email to email@example.com using the subject: GIVE ME A DOUBLE BEAR! and include your name, mailing address, a valid email address, and your favorite Bear McCreary score (film or television). I'll cull the names and randomly select five winners who will be receiving "The Music of BATTLESTAR GALACTICA for Solo Piano" courtesy of BSX Records and THE CAPE courtesy of La-La Land Records. The deadline for submission is Saturday, May 26, 2012 at 11:59pm CST. Only one entry per person. International entries will be accepted. Duplicates will be discarded.
For more information regarding the BATTLESTAR GALACTICA CD (including audio samples) please visit BuySoundtrax.com. For more information regarding THE CAPE CD (also with audio samples) please visit LaLaLandRecords.com
Get your entries in today!
If you're on Twitter look me up...
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
May 20, 2012, 10:45 p.m. CST
by Jaster Mareel
Even hardcore BSG fans would want the rest of the orchestra.
May 20, 2012, 10:55 p.m. CST
by Dasan Sullivan
It's true that the orchestrated versions are generally better, but a few tracks do translate well and as a pianist I love being able relive some of those moments at my own ivories (I happily own the sheet music).
May 20, 2012, 11:02 p.m. CST
Although now that I think about it, they'd probably want the sheet music instead. Hmm..
May 21, 2012, 12:01 a.m. CST
by seibei iguchi
Sorry, couldn't resist.
May 21, 2012, 12:18 a.m. CST
They are truly awesome. Try Shape of Things to Come and Violence and Variations in particular.
May 21, 2012, 1:03 a.m. CST
As far as who would want these, well I'm with D. Sullivan. Bear's killer, man. Not since Chris Franke's B5 work have I heard a television composer that really stands out to me. In fact, he's the only reason I can stand the Walking Dead. Last I heard, Bear was also going to be involved in some project with Pete Griffon, as Pete had stated after he left ZPZ. I was one of the original Dweezilla campers, so I was pretty shocked to see him leave the band. I'll have to make it out to LA pretty soon and say hey. Back to Bear, he really stands out melodically, and he has an actual identifiable writing style within all of the soundtracks that I have heard him do. This is pretty cool in a day and age when it is rare. B
May 21, 2012, 4:06 a.m. CST
May 21, 2012, 4:42 a.m. CST
answer: anyone - it's free shit after all.
May 21, 2012, 4:45 a.m. CST
Bear's work on Eureka was streets ahead of his work on The Cape. The Cape, as a show overall, was such a massive letdown. I guess I can't give them shit for everything though - at least they tried to make their generic idea work. But when you base a show around a hero, he better be goddamn interesting and The Cape... was far from it.
May 21, 2012, 11:41 a.m. CST
The Cape sounds a little too much like Human Target - two "comic book" heroes? Or leftover music from HT? Still, Bear, very good work for TV.
May 21, 2012, 9:54 p.m. CST
May 21, 2012, 9:55 p.m. CST
I think "bears" are hot. You SO mislead me.
May 24, 2012, 5:50 a.m. CST
by rakesh patel
One day i will win something from AICN for all my time spent here. One Day..
- JJ Abrams reveals a rusted out, beat up awesome looking X-Wing in new video! -- 550 total posts 10 posts
- 4th Week of July 2014 PICKS & PEEKS: Werewolves, BLUE RUIN, Nordic Noir, ALL CHEERLEADERS DIE + more! -- 165 total posts 7 posts
- Edgar Wright's Next Project Revealed! -- 113 total posts 5 posts
- Will Ferrell and Adam McKay to bring you MANIMAL: THE MOVIE! -- 145 total posts 4 posts
- A Recently Recovered Gene Roddenberry Interview Leads To A Kickstarter About The Early Days Of STAR TREK!! -- 70 total posts 4 posts
- Idris Elba to play one of Guy Ritchie's KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE! -- 331 total posts 4 posts
- "I would never order an alcoholic beverage on the bridge..." Trailer for SPACE STATION 76 has its heart firmly in place and its tongue firmly in cheek! -- 52 total posts 3 posts
- New Trailer Promises the Creepiest HONEYMOON Ever! -- 21 total posts 3 posts
- "What will you do when you find your father?" "I'm going to kill him." Teaser trailer for NED RIFLE, "the third and final chapter of HENRY FOOL"! -- 16 total posts 2 posts
- Exclusive MATADOR Clip!! New DRUNK, TYRANT, NATHAN, CARTER, GEAR, STORAGE, SHIPPING, SWAP, LOSS, LITTLE, LIARS, & PAINS!! LITTLE WOMEN LA Finale!! Howard Stern’s TALENT!! Richard Linklater On THE DAILY SHOW!! Max Brooks On TAVIS!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 10 total posts 2 posts