South Florida - Gather Around For An Advance Screening Of CHERNOBYL DIARIES!!
The Kidd here...
Oren Peli has had my attention since PARANORMAL ACTIVITY burst onto the scene five years ago. It's a different, far more subtle approach to horror than we'd been getting overexposed to through slasher flicks and torture porn, and, while I understand not everyone finds that style to be scary, for me, the psychological is far more terrifying than the physical.
However, for those of you that dig what Peli has to offer to the genre, here's your chance to come together for an advance screening of CHERNOBYL DIARIES, which he created, co-wrote and produced, next Thursday at the Regal South Beach Stadium 18 in Miami Beach at 8:00 p.m.
I've got a good amount of seats to fill with our Ain't It Cool readers, so, if you're down to go, just send in your full name to Contests@AintItCool.com with the following subject line exactly (in all CAPS):
I'LL HAVE THE RADIATION PLEASE
Once the tickets are all gone, winners will be posted, so act fast before they run out, and you'll have yourself a pair for you and a guest.
If you're not sure if you're going to be able to make it, it's quite simple - don't enter. If you don't think you can get out of work early enough, or if you have class, homework, chores, scheduled surgery, an unreliable car, prior engagements or previous commitments that may prevent you from attending this screening, don't try to win only to let these seats go to waste. Oh, and, if you enter to win and then no-show, don't expect to win anything anytime soon in the future, because the Black List is where you'll be heading indefinitely.
Thanks to Warner Bros. for setting this up.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
May 17, 2012, 4:32 p.m. CST
by Cletus Van Damme
May 17, 2012, 4:43 p.m. CST
only when they are done right. The Blair Witch Project ,Paranormal Activity and Troll Hunter are in that category.
May 17, 2012, 4:45 p.m. CST
they went to Chernobyl looking for ghosts.
May 17, 2012, 4:58 p.m. CST
and I guarantee you that where this idea came from.
May 17, 2012, 5:15 p.m. CST
How many people will die from cancer due to radiation from that catastrophe?
May 17, 2012, 5:19 p.m. CST
I saw Anthony Bourdain go to Chernobyl in an episode of No Reservationd and no murderous mutant Ukrainians chased after hkm...
...of course if that did happen, Jourdain would probably just say "fuck off" and kick them in the balls.
May 17, 2012, 5:33 p.m. CST
Does anyone really want to see this? Haunted radioactive zone done "Paranormal Activity" style? Maybe I'm mistaken, but I can't think of anyone I know who I think this would appeal to. What's the hook? The radioactivity? The dumb tourists? The Russian ghosts? "Get your coat, darlin', we're going out tonight. It's been years since we seen a good "tourists vs. radioactive ghosts" movie!"
May 17, 2012, 5:43 p.m. CST
by Erotic Oven
I'm actually rooting for Men in Black to bury this at the BO.
May 17, 2012, 5:44 p.m. CST
What a crock of shit.
May 17, 2012, 9:47 p.m. CST
by Christian Sylvain
May 18, 2012, 2:22 a.m. CST
Its immensely similar to a podcast I heard last year, from the trailer... Extreme tourism in Pripyat, fine that's just a similarity, but the fact that they seem to be being hunted by an evil mutant baby is...well that's extremely specific! Its called Horror in Pripyat and its by the Thwipping Boys Normally they just review comics but they've done a handful of these radio plays as well...don't go in expecting a masterpiece but its a reasonably entertaining 10 or 15 minutes. I cant remember if they did that one last Halloween or the one before...obviously I assume this film has been in development for longer than nine months so if they did it last year, then this is obviously just a bunch of very striking similarities.
May 18, 2012, 4:05 p.m. CST
Yup, definitely a lift from that Destination Truth episode. First thing I thought too.
- Who has been offered the directing gig on Legendary's SKULL ISLAND!?! -- 201 total posts 177 posts
- KILL BILL: THE WHOLE BLOODY AFFAIR to get a limited theatrical release in 2015?! -- 245 total posts 141 posts
- 5th Week of July 2014's PICKS & PEEKS: LYNCH - HERZOG - JAA - ARONOFSKY - KASDAN - WOODSTOCK!!! -- 136 total posts 136 posts
- THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES Trailer Has Arrived! -- 516 total posts 126 posts
- Harry says GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is better than German Chocolate Cake & means it!!! -- 692 total posts 90 posts
- George R.R. Martin Scales Back HBO Activity To Focus On Completing WINDS OF WINTER!! -- 112 total posts 66 posts
- Help Robert Meyer Burnett And Mark A. Altman Kickstart A Series Revisitation Of Their Ode To Geekosity, FREE ENTERPRISE!! -- 40 total posts 39 posts
- Eva Green in Talks for Tim Burton's MISS PEREGRINE'S HOME FOR PECULIAR CHILDREN! -- 102 total posts 38 posts
- Stern's TALENT!! New DRUNK, TYRANT, NATHAN, CARTER, GEAR, STORAGE, SHIPPING, LOSS, LITTLE, LIARS, MATADOR & PAINS!! WIFE SWAP & DEGRASSI Finales!! Chris Pratt & Judy Greer On LETTERMAN!! Maggie Gyllenhaal & Lee Pace On SETH!! Jamie Chung On CRAIG!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 38 total posts 38 posts
- Watch Quickly!! Some Test Footage From Tim Miller And Ryan Reynolds’ DEADPOOL Movie!! -- 177 total posts 32 posts