And Here's A Clip From The CW's BEAUTY AND THE BEAST...
The CW is also bringing us a "fresh" spin on the time tested BEAUTY AND THE BEAST conceit, evidently riffing on the 1980s Ron Perlman/Linda Hamilton series while tying the Beast's origins into Afghanistan military operations, and spinning him as something of a Hulk?
This one will air Thursday nights on The CW...
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
May 17, 2012, 2:07 p.m. CST
May 17, 2012, 2:10 p.m. CST
by Matt Willis
May 17, 2012, 2:18 p.m. CST
May 17, 2012, 2:27 p.m. CST
May 17, 2012, 2:29 p.m. CST
needs to start suing people! What with Grimm and Once Upon a Time, now this? Either that, or finally convince a network to take a chance on his riff on Fables. They're much more in-depth, character-driven, and less reliant upon the high concept sell.
May 17, 2012, 2:30 p.m. CST
by Yotz Von Frelnik
AND... Hartley played the Green Arrow in SMALLVILLE, which has been re-imagined into its own CW show now. My head hurts.
May 17, 2012, 2:37 p.m. CST
...Catherine Chandler in an ill advised Beauty & the Beast reboot. That girl has absolutely zero talent.
May 17, 2012, 2:42 p.m. CST
And that clip was rectum-prolapsingly bad. Cancelled by the end of it's first season, without a doubt. Good grief. I can understand why they constantly remake stuff, and it's obvious they're going more the Hamilton/Perlman show route than the original story route, but why can't they even try to make something better? What's the obsession with making remakes and not giving a toss, when with a little effort you could make something great? Makes no sense to me.
May 17, 2012, 2:51 p.m. CST
by Cletus Van Damme
May 17, 2012, 2:57 p.m. CST
*lie mode cancelled* Also, it looks like biggest steaming pile of shit since the triceratops droppings in Jurassic Park.
May 17, 2012, 3:05 p.m. CST
I agree that Fables is far better than those shows, but there's no way it could get greenlight now. Better or not, the tv landscape is already way too crowded with modern-day fairly-tale shows.
May 17, 2012, 3:05 p.m. CST
I hope the police force she works for has their car insurance all paid up.
May 17, 2012, 3:07 p.m. CST
Thank you, CW, for the clip. I can now show everyone I know how bad this is.
May 17, 2012, 3:08 p.m. CST
What makes me really upset is that ABC tried to buy the rights to Fables a few years back, but lost out because of the drivel they wanted to turn it into. I respect Willingham for backing out; but, to then see ABC spin around and create Once Upon a Time? I heard the creators of OUaT on NPR a couple of weeks back, and they said that they had this idea for about 10 years. Hmmm...interesting timing of this idea suddenly burrowing into their heads, given that Fables launched in 2002.
May 17, 2012, 3:12 p.m. CST
She's a beautiful woman, but god she can't act
May 17, 2012, 3:14 p.m. CST
by Chadley BeBay
I actually lol'd at simple changes in camera angles, it was so bad...
May 17, 2012, 3:18 p.m. CST
May 17, 2012, 3:22 p.m. CST
and surely the beast should have a memorable silhouette? Instead he looks like a frat boy.
May 17, 2012, 3:36 p.m. CST
literally everything about her was what was wrong with smallville, she is the worst, that voice, that face, her acting, terrible
May 17, 2012, 3:53 p.m. CST
by angry kitty
How about horrible beginning and middle too? It's a total package of crap. Yay
May 17, 2012, 5:06 p.m. CST
by Uncle Stan
Why buy the rights when you do something completely different (as well as unoriginal and decidedly LAME-ASS)?
May 17, 2012, 6:05 p.m. CST
I remember her being a bit of a badass, and only showed her weak side when Vincent was around, sort of like Detective Maza in that Disney Gargoyles show from the 90's. This clip above gives me the impression that this is basically going to be more "Kristen Kreuk is stupid and needs her ass saved from her own stupidity on a weekly basis," because we've missed that now that Smallville is gone.
May 17, 2012, 6:11 p.m. CST
May 17, 2012, 7:23 p.m. CST
Was a lawyer in the original. Still very hot though.
May 17, 2012, 7:42 p.m. CST
I knew she did something that was interesting. I only watched that show occasionally, on an old portable black and white Sony with a 9" screen and more tin foil than antenna, so I forget some stuff.
May 17, 2012, 7:54 p.m. CST
Never mind that he's supposed to hideous and fearsome so that no one will ever love him on the outside. They'll probably find a way to make him handsome and a little strange looking. Kind of like how they made him look in the awful looking movie "Beastly." The Olsen girl they had in there looked scarier than him.
May 17, 2012, 10:16 p.m. CST
That scene is her Batman "They killed my parents and I was helpless" moment. She is a cop on the series. I also believe he turns into a beast and is not a beast 24/7.
May 17, 2012, 10:39 p.m. CST
This looks far worse...
May 18, 2012, 5:55 a.m. CST
May 18, 2012, 5:57 a.m. CST
by Royston Lodge
May 18, 2012, 7:25 a.m. CST
by Karl Childers
The Crappy Wasteland
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of The First Jack Bauer 24 Adventure Since 2010!! Plus GAME OF THRONES, MAD MEN, HANNIBAL, AGENTS OF SHIELD, And More!! And The Return Of FX MOVIE DOWNLOAD Star Sasha Perl-Raver!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 296 total posts 146 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 309 total posts 28 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 262 total posts 16 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 582 total posts 16 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 232 total posts 12 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 6 total posts 6 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 196 total posts 6 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 198 total posts 5 posts
- MTV Movie Awards drops an opening scene from X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST! And it rocks! -- 317 total posts 4 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 119 total posts 4 posts