ScoreKeeper Has Five CDs of HUMANOIDS FROM THE DEEP by James Horner to Give Away!
ScoreKeeper here from the deep to let you humanoids know about a new CD soundtrack giveaway I'm scaring up. Right now composer James Horner is putting the finishing touches on the score for THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (2012). To quench some of the anticipation, I thought I would give away five copies of one of his earliest and most bodacious scores.
Before Horner established his reputation for kick-ass orchestral scores like STAR TREK II: THE WRATH OF KHAN (1982) and ALIENS (1986), he was dishing out heaping spoonfuls of kitschy coolness for one of the most well-known producers in show business. HUMANOIDS FROM THE DEEP (1980) is one of three scores (along with BATTLE BEYOND THE STARS, 1980) that Horner composed for producer Roger Corman in the early 80s. It was during his time at New World Pictures that Horner established connections with future-star filmmakers including Ron Howard, James Cameron, John Sayles, and Gale Ann Hurd.
BSX Records recently released a new soundtrack for HUMANOIDS FROM THE DEEP featuring the original motion picture score composed by James Horner. Including on the album are score selections from the 1996 remake composed by Christopher Lennertz.
I have in my possession five copies of the soundtrack that need good homes and loving ears. Want one? Here's what you have to do…
Send me an email to email@example.com using the subject: HUMANOIDS FROM THE DEEP! and include your name, mailing address, a valid email address, and your favorite Roger Corman produced film of all time. I'll drop all the names into a virtual hat and randomly select five winners who will be receiving one CD of HUMANOIDS FROM THE DEEP courtesy of BSX Records. The deadline for submission is Saturday, May 19, 2012 at 11:59pm CST. Only one entry per person. International entries will be accepted. Duplicates will be discarded.
Enter now before the humanoids get you...they're from the deep, you know?
For more information regarding audio samples and ordering information, visit buysoundtrax.com.
If you're on Twitter look me up...
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
May 15, 2012, 7:21 p.m. CST
by rakesh patel
Do you perchance have a spotify account? It would be handy if AICN had one, so you could create a movie playlist we could all check out. Just a thought.
May 15, 2012, 8:43 p.m. CST
Already have the BBTS/Humanoids Crescendo combo CD, more interested in BSX's upcoming THE SWORD AND THE SORCERER.
May 15, 2012, 8:49 p.m. CST
No spotify account. Not a bad idea. I'll look into it. Ya, I have the BBTS/HFTD combo disc too which is great but since BSX released the expanded BBTS it's nice to have a companion HFTD (even though there's only one bonus track of outtakes). THE SWORD AND THE SORCERER should be cool too. Maybe I could get a giveaway of that score.
May 15, 2012, 10:26 p.m. CST
cockfighter would be my fave film...followed by unholy rollers
May 15, 2012, 10:29 p.m. CST
by Raptor Jesus
I saw this in a theater. Worst movie imaginable. Almost as stupid as 'Avatar'.
May 16, 2012, 8:47 a.m. CST
There can't be more than a handful of people besides scorekeeper who honestly care about movie scores that much. They love them when they are good, hate them when they are bad, and the other 90% are completely un-noticed. Or maybe I'm wrong? what's next, a special contributor to write about set decoration?
May 16, 2012, 9:17 a.m. CST
But half of Broadway Shows don't.
May 16, 2012, 12:18 p.m. CST
by Robert Evans
You can hear some Wolfen and Brainstorm and even Aliens in there..
May 16, 2012, 12:20 p.m. CST
by Robert Evans
you may be right about only a handful of people listening to film scores (you arent btw) but those people would come to a site like this as well as other film score related sites to discuss these topics.
May 16, 2012, 11 p.m. CST
by Nasty In The Pasty
- Check Out Spidey and Electro in the First Clip from THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2! -- 135 total posts 135 posts
- Is one of these guys ready to play Dr. Victor Von Doom in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 251 total posts 120 posts
- ‘Nobody’s Interested In Your Texts!!’ President Barack Obama Takes On Zach Galifianakis BETWEEN TWO FERNS!! -- 148 total posts 113 posts
- Quint has seen Gareth Edwards and Legendary's Godzilla presentation at SXSW! Full on Kaiju badassery! -- 65 total posts 65 posts
- SXSW 2014: Nordling Reviews THE RAID 2: BERANDAL! -- 56 total posts 56 posts
- Jason Sudeikis to star as the Laker lovin', disguise wearin' Irwin "Fletch" Fletcher in FLETCH WON! -- 114 total posts 42 posts
- A New Scene From THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2!! -- 35 total posts 35 posts
- The Rock ‘Em, Sock ‘Em Badassity Of TITANFALL Is Now Upon Us!! -- 84 total posts 25 posts
- See The Flash's Full Costume For The New CW Show!! -- 89 total posts 23 posts
- New Clip from CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER! -- 97 total posts 21 posts