AICN Exclusive! Brian Tyler Video Interview On Scoring TRANSFORMERS: PRIME!
Greetings! ScoreKeeper here with an exclusive premiere of another film composer video interview courtesy of Lakeshore Records. Brian Tyler is the composer for TRANSFORMERS: PRIME, an animated series on The Hub TV Network (the first season recently popped up on Netflix streaming as well). I haven't seen the show yet, but now that it's on Netflix, I should be able to remedy that soon. I have had the pleasure of listening to Tyler's music for the past several months and I've been enjoying it quite a bit. It's drenched with infectious themes backed by the power of a full symphony orchestra.
There aren't many animated weekly series that employs an A-list film composer to command an orchestra each week. The producers behind TRANSFORMERS: PRIME realize the power music contains and has made great strides to harness every ounce of it.
Lakeshore Records have been producing these brief yet beefy videos for a couple of years now. In this particular nugget, we get an inside look into Tyler's methods, approach, and overall feeling toward TRANSFORMERS: PRIME.
The entire soundtrack album is available for purchase at iTunes.
If you would like to hear more of the TRANSFORMERS: PRIME score you can listen to a preview below.
If you're on Twitter look me up...
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
May 14, 2012, 8:26 p.m. CST
by ajit maholtra
May 14, 2012, 8:27 p.m. CST
by No time for Haters
A friend of mine has been trying to get me to watch it since it first came on, but I can't stand how some good shows are ruined by the presence of human kids.
May 14, 2012, 8:45 p.m. CST
A huge blight on the field of film music composition. Dude probably can't even define the term "contrapuntal".
May 14, 2012, 8:47 p.m. CST
he was at Ebertfest in Champaign with Bill Paxton (had just finished scoring Frailty) Mentioned his film score to Panic was incredible, but couldn't find it anywhere. He took my address, and low and behold, a couple weeks later a score cd showed up in the mail. Super cool dude, really great guy, and talented.
May 14, 2012, 8:57 p.m. CST
by King Conan
May 14, 2012, 9:15 p.m. CST
, Earnie Hudson's character and up the animation cost.
May 14, 2012, 9:47 p.m. CST
by Optimus Prime
And any one single 22 minute episode of it is better than any full length movie Michael Bay shit out with a Transformers name on it.
May 14, 2012, 9:49 p.m. CST
Yea, it's a little kiddish, but that's to be expected. But leaps and bounds better than Bayformers.
May 14, 2012, 9:59 p.m. CST
....since the original that actually carries the same spirit. It may carry over some of the visual cues from the movies but don't let that fool you. I can watch this show with my sons and they LOVE it. And the corresponding toy line reminds me of how they did things back in the day. Good show with great action. Nice to see transformers actually be about (gasp) the transformers.
May 14, 2012, 10:02 p.m. CST
Actually, almost everything in the last 15 years is forgettable. Somewhere along the way, Hollywood forgot that great, memorable scores are a vital part of great movie making.
May 14, 2012, 11:11 p.m. CST
by Bass Ackwards
I actually thought Beast Wars was quite good (until they got to Cybertron and turned into a a bit of a mess). The animation doesn't hold up at all, so its basically unwatchable now, but at the time it had story and character ideas it treated well and with respect, and had interesting continuity ties with the original G1 series. Haven't seen this series (honestly am just now hearing about it). Might give a shot since its on netflix one of these days though.
May 14, 2012, 11:40 p.m. CST
May 15, 2012, 1:31 a.m. CST
Don't know how I can watch this show but hearing the good things about it on TB makes me want to seek it out. Agree with Bass Ackwards that Beast Wars was a good show (never watched it when it became Beast Machines). Problem with this one is the over designed characters from Bayformers. Why can't they find a way to bring the G1 designs and character "feeling" to a live action.
May 15, 2012, 12:19 p.m. CST
by Pikoz Schultz
May 15, 2012, 6:40 p.m. CST
- Bryan Singer signals... the APOCALYPSE... X-MEN fans should be getting giddy! -- 349 total posts 56 posts
- We have the first trailer for THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 right here and it hints towards some pretty exciting things!! -- 619 total posts 24 posts
- The BBCs Confirm 'Time of the Doctor' DOCTOR WHO Christmas Special Transmit Times!! + New Promo Art And Pics!! -- 49 total posts 10 posts
- Trailer and Release Date for NURSE 3D! -- 69 total posts 6 posts
- Fan Of The 2010 Paul Bettany Angry Angel Movie LEGION?? Syfy Just Ordered To Series The TV Version!! -- 28 total posts 5 posts
- Universal Releases A Nice Tribute To Paul Walker... -- 105 total posts 5 posts
- Watch Tom Hiddleston sway with Tilda Swinton in this clip from ONLY LOVERS LEFT ALIVE! -- 19 total posts 5 posts
- Herc’s Seen Tonight’s First Two Episodes Of Frank Darabont’s New TNT Series MOB CITY!! -- 20 total posts 3 posts
- Want to see PARANORMAL ACTIVITY: THE MARKED ONES next Friday in one of 13 'marked' cities? Capone has the details on that and how to win VIP tickets to the Chicago screening!!! -- 8 total posts 3 posts
- Lars Von Trier's NYMPHOMANIAC Gets Two Release Dates! -- 50 total posts 3 posts