Gareth Evans Is BREAKING THE BANK For One Of His Next Films!!
The Kidd here...
If you haven't had the opportunity to see THE RAID: REDEMPTION yet, you need to fix that void in your life immediately. However, after seeing that incredible action film, I'd gladly follow director Gareth Evans into the fire for whatever he has lined up. Cue talk of BREAKING THE BANK.
Outside of a potential sequel to THE RAID and executive-producing an English remake of the original (sigh), Evans is now attached to get behind the camera for BREAKING THE BANK for Universal. According to Deadline, the studio picked up the film, based on the Howard Sounes' book Heist: The True Story of the World's Biggest Cash Robbery, specifically for Evans.
The book is centered around "Lightning" Lee Murray, a former UFC fighter, who was behind the biggest cash heist in history back in 2006. Sounds like the perfect vehicle for Evans.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
May 7, 2012, 12:44 p.m. CST
Was like injecting liquid cocaine directly into my eyeballs
May 7, 2012, 12:46 p.m. CST
May 7, 2012, 12:57 p.m. CST
There's only like 18 minutes of dialogue in the whole thing anyway. A simple, elegant well told story wrapped in the most crazy badass nonstop action I've seen in a long long time, possibly ever. An english remake makes no sense because no one in America can pull off those kinds of stunts anyway, so they'll just have to cast asians or unknowns anyway. Whats the point?
May 7, 2012, 1:10 p.m. CST
Never saw The Raid(fuck Redemption, though), but I saw some of the trailers, which gave me hope that true action would return. Heist Films+ bloody violence= good movie in my book.
May 7, 2012, 1:11 p.m. CST
May 7, 2012, 1:53 p.m. CST
Though it would be awesome, the amount of brain-bashing in there wouldn't get any kind of approval by the MPAA.
May 7, 2012, 3:16 p.m. CST
by Munro Kelly
I've been following him since his film, "Merantau". I knew, before "The Raid", that Hollywood would call.
May 7, 2012, 3:48 p.m. CST
May 7, 2012, 6:30 p.m. CST
- Superman & Lois Lane get wet together!!! BATMAN VS SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE!!! -- 183 total posts 118 posts
- Ridley Scott Says The BLADE RUNNER Sequel Is Written And It’s… -- 401 total posts 45 posts
- Capone examines how THE NOVEMBER MAN takes the weakest James Bond and makes him a killer spy!!! -- 35 total posts 35 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 261 total posts 32 posts
- Mike Epps Is Lee Daniels's Richard Pryor! -- 92 total posts 31 posts
- Fox To Remake LAURA With A Screenplay By James Ellroy! -- 39 total posts 18 posts
- Copernicus interviews Andy Weir, author of THE MARTIAN -- Ridley Scott's next film! -- 14 total posts 14 posts
- Lionsgate to bring us Arnold Schwarzenegger vs. zombies in MAGGIE come early 2015! -- 196 total posts 13 posts
- A Trailer And Poster For THE PYRAMID, Produced By Alexandre Aja!! -- 77 total posts 7 posts
- A Newish Spot For David Fincher’s GONE GIRL Is Now Online!! -- 56 total posts 6 posts