Gareth Evans Is BREAKING THE BANK For One Of His Next Films!!
The Kidd here...
If you haven't had the opportunity to see THE RAID: REDEMPTION yet, you need to fix that void in your life immediately. However, after seeing that incredible action film, I'd gladly follow director Gareth Evans into the fire for whatever he has lined up. Cue talk of BREAKING THE BANK.
Outside of a potential sequel to THE RAID and executive-producing an English remake of the original (sigh), Evans is now attached to get behind the camera for BREAKING THE BANK for Universal. According to Deadline, the studio picked up the film, based on the Howard Sounes' book Heist: The True Story of the World's Biggest Cash Robbery, specifically for Evans.
The book is centered around "Lightning" Lee Murray, a former UFC fighter, who was behind the biggest cash heist in history back in 2006. Sounds like the perfect vehicle for Evans.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
May 7, 2012, 12:44 p.m. CST
Was like injecting liquid cocaine directly into my eyeballs
May 7, 2012, 12:46 p.m. CST
May 7, 2012, 12:57 p.m. CST
There's only like 18 minutes of dialogue in the whole thing anyway. A simple, elegant well told story wrapped in the most crazy badass nonstop action I've seen in a long long time, possibly ever. An english remake makes no sense because no one in America can pull off those kinds of stunts anyway, so they'll just have to cast asians or unknowns anyway. Whats the point?
May 7, 2012, 1:10 p.m. CST
Never saw The Raid(fuck Redemption, though), but I saw some of the trailers, which gave me hope that true action would return. Heist Films+ bloody violence= good movie in my book.
May 7, 2012, 1:11 p.m. CST
May 7, 2012, 1:53 p.m. CST
Though it would be awesome, the amount of brain-bashing in there wouldn't get any kind of approval by the MPAA.
May 7, 2012, 3:16 p.m. CST
by Munro Kelly
I've been following him since his film, "Merantau". I knew, before "The Raid", that Hollywood would call.
May 7, 2012, 3:48 p.m. CST
May 7, 2012, 6:30 p.m. CST
- Beginning of a flood of AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic Con Artwork?!?! -- 98 total posts 14 posts
- Trailer for OUT OF PRINT, a documentary about the New Beverly Theater and the importance of preserving 35mm exhibition! -- 31 total posts 5 posts
- Could These International TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES Posters Win Over A Skeptical 7(ish) Year Old?? -- 143 total posts 5 posts
- Behold The Blazing New Poster For THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES!! -- 168 total posts 4 posts
- Latino Review’s El Mayimbe aka Umberto Gonzalez is set to direct the digital actioner, BREAKNECK! -- 12 total posts 4 posts
- Marvel Debuts Special ANT-MAN Poster For Comic Con! -- 45 total posts 3 posts
- Sony Says Fuck It, Announces Release Dates For THE SINISTER SIX And THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3! -- 297 total posts 2 posts
- A New & Full Length Trailer For Disney XD’s STAR WARS REBELS!! -- 83 total posts 2 posts
- SDCC '14: Title logo for WARCRAFT! -- 12 total posts 2 posts
- From The Wasteland Emerges A MAD MAX: FURY ROAD Teaser Poster! -- 176 total posts 1 post