Gareth Evans Is BREAKING THE BANK For One Of His Next Films!!
The Kidd here...
If you haven't had the opportunity to see THE RAID: REDEMPTION yet, you need to fix that void in your life immediately. However, after seeing that incredible action film, I'd gladly follow director Gareth Evans into the fire for whatever he has lined up. Cue talk of BREAKING THE BANK.
Outside of a potential sequel to THE RAID and executive-producing an English remake of the original (sigh), Evans is now attached to get behind the camera for BREAKING THE BANK for Universal. According to Deadline, the studio picked up the film, based on the Howard Sounes' book Heist: The True Story of the World's Biggest Cash Robbery, specifically for Evans.
The book is centered around "Lightning" Lee Murray, a former UFC fighter, who was behind the biggest cash heist in history back in 2006. Sounds like the perfect vehicle for Evans.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
May 7, 2012, 12:44 p.m. CST
Was like injecting liquid cocaine directly into my eyeballs
May 7, 2012, 12:46 p.m. CST
May 7, 2012, 12:57 p.m. CST
There's only like 18 minutes of dialogue in the whole thing anyway. A simple, elegant well told story wrapped in the most crazy badass nonstop action I've seen in a long long time, possibly ever. An english remake makes no sense because no one in America can pull off those kinds of stunts anyway, so they'll just have to cast asians or unknowns anyway. Whats the point?
May 7, 2012, 1:10 p.m. CST
Never saw The Raid(fuck Redemption, though), but I saw some of the trailers, which gave me hope that true action would return. Heist Films+ bloody violence= good movie in my book.
May 7, 2012, 1:11 p.m. CST
May 7, 2012, 1:53 p.m. CST
Though it would be awesome, the amount of brain-bashing in there wouldn't get any kind of approval by the MPAA.
May 7, 2012, 3:16 p.m. CST
by Munro Kelly
I've been following him since his film, "Merantau". I knew, before "The Raid", that Hollywood would call.
May 7, 2012, 3:48 p.m. CST
May 7, 2012, 6:30 p.m. CST
- You're going to have to wait until 2017 to fly again with Hiccup and Toothless in HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 3! -- 38 total posts 11 posts
- 1st wk of Sept 2014's PICKS & PEEKS with Universal Monsters, FIRESTARTER, Eco-Terrorism, swords & fantasy! -- 228 total posts 10 posts
- WIRE Reunion!! Clarke Peters Joins Winona Ryder, James Belushi, Daniel Stern, Alfred Molina, Catherine Keener And Oscar Isaac For David Simon’s HBO Class-Warfare Miniseries SHOW ME A HERO!! -- 19 total posts 8 posts
- Guillermo del Toro and Legendary Teaming Up with YouTube for Halloween Short Films Project! -- 38 total posts 7 posts
- A Badass GAME OF THRONES Sword Guy Has Apparently Been Cast In STAR WARS EPISODE VII!! -- 164 total posts 5 posts
- Russell Crowe and Ryan Gosling to bust some heads as Shane Black's NICE GUYS in July 2016! -- 42 total posts 5 posts
- Ridley Scott Says The BLADE RUNNER Sequel Is Written And It’s… -- 470 total posts 4 posts
- BBC Issues DOCTOR WHO: ‘Robot of Sherwood’ Promo Images!! + DOCTOR WHO EXTRAs For ‘Deep Breath’ And ‘Into the Dalek’ Are Now On YouTube!! -- 81 total posts 4 posts
-- 25 total posts 3 posts
- New Red-Band Trailer For ABCs OF DEATH 2 Ain't Fucking Around! -- 36 total posts 2 posts