A New SKYFALL Videoblogembedomatic Discusses The Film's Design!!
A new SKYFALL videoblog was issued Friday...perhaps not the best day to release such a thing given the Geekverse's preoccupation with AVENGERS' North American release. But here it is all the same, for your consideration, now.
This installment features insight from Production Designer Dennis Gassner, who teases the complexity of realizing a production of this scale. Gassner's previous credits include FIELD OF DREAMS, THE HUDSUCKER PROXY, THE TRUMAN SHOW, and QUANTUM OF SOLACE.
LOVE that shot at 1:47...
SKYFALL arrives in theaters this November.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
May 7, 2012, 10:41 a.m. CST
by Read and Shut Up
...really dig these behind-the-scenes things.
May 7, 2012, 10:46 a.m. CST
by Dr. Francis B. Gross
May 7, 2012, 10:59 a.m. CST
May 7, 2012, 11:02 a.m. CST
May 7, 2012, 11:03 a.m. CST
May 7, 2012, 11:04 a.m. CST
May 7, 2012, 12:06 p.m. CST
by peter skellen
May 7, 2012, 12:17 p.m. CST
And you can go on about how Craig's Bond is closest to the novels and I admit that the post-GoldenEye Brosnan Bond movies didn't have the best scripts but at least Brosnan "got it".
May 7, 2012, 12:22 p.m. CST
He brings real depth to the character and I love how they are bringing a more realistic Bond back to the fray. Sort of like Bond in From Russia with Love where the villain didn't have plans to blow up/take over the world, no space battles, no undersea cities, no crazy gadgets, no 'hide by standing out in the crowd' covert ops. And he actually bleeds after a fight. Craig is the best thing to happen to Bond since Connery.
May 7, 2012, 1:08 p.m. CST
The one problem I have with Craig is that he always comes across as a Gen-Xer more interested in being considered edgy and aloof than someone who plays James Bond. Previous actors like Dalton and Brosnan treated the role with a great deal of respect- as if they were members of a very exclusive club. By comparison, I've yet to see a Craig interview where he doesn't say "fuck" every other word or seem dismissive of the previous films and actors. I don't think he means to do any of it on purpose, but he still comes across as a complete ass nonetheless.
May 7, 2012, 1:15 p.m. CST
...that Craig never really struck me that way prior to Bond. In the past, he always came across in interviews as this quiet, mousy guy. Now he's more like the high school loser that mistakes acting like a dick for being an alpha male.
May 7, 2012, 1:45 p.m. CST
I just saw Roger Deakins in that video. I guess I totally missed that he was shooting this. It makes sense though. That is the most exciting thing that I have heard about this movie so far.
May 7, 2012, 5:54 p.m. CST
Connery as Bond will never be topped though. It is kind of like trying to recast Indiana Jones or Captain James T. Kirk. You can try, and sometimes it works okay (Chris Pine did a good job as young Kirk), but it is a big fucking gamble with shitty odds most of the time.
May 7, 2012, 5:56 p.m. CST
by peter skellen
He looks about 60 already.
May 7, 2012, 6:26 p.m. CST
But he's no Connery or Dalton...
May 7, 2012, 6:54 p.m. CST
Your real problem is there is no more untapped material from the author who made it all happen and you don't like the hollywood attempts to re-create Ian Fleming
May 7, 2012, 6:55 p.m. CST
May 8, 2012, 12:01 a.m. CST
Craig was missing his Heineken though. At the very least this movie is going to look fantastic.
May 8, 2012, 12:20 a.m. CST
by johndalf greymane
a Neanderthal in a tuxedo. Craig seems to have done it right in Casino Royale, the right amount of suave crossed with caged leopard, but all of QoS escaped me. Utterly forgettable and very Bourne. Wooden even. Im hoping with a new script in the Bond style, he'll rise to the role. Moore made Bond goofy, and the rest have missed the mark imho. Craig definitely has the potential to be the best Bond since Connery... we will see.
May 8, 2012, 12:23 a.m. CST
by johndalf greymane
Hong Kong and Tokyo are like that right now, only clean. Google images of Hong Kong at night.
May 8, 2012, 1:05 a.m. CST
I've been reading the original books. This could be the UK's Mad Men.
May 8, 2012, 7 a.m. CST
by peter skellen
I've read all the books and that was not Fleming's intention. Bond was a fantasy version of himself. Do you think the ultra urbane snobbish Ian Fleming would want to be Daniel Craig? Fleming and Cubby would have loathed what Barbara Broccoli has done to the series.
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 494 total posts 334 posts
- DOCTOR WHO 8.2!! ‘Kelvington’ Reviews This Weekend’s Episode And Says He’s Not Sure He Enjoys ‘What The Show Is Becoming’!! -- 242 total posts 201 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 204 total posts 118 posts
- Amazon To Bring Back Patrick Warburton As Ben Edlund’s TICK?? -- 33 total posts 33 posts
- Capone says AS ABOVE/SO BELOW uses a chilling location to terrifying effect!!! -- 53 total posts 27 posts
- The Fellows Behind The Big-Screen JUMP STREET (And THE LEGO MOVIE And CLONE HIGH) Plan To Reboot Another Steven J. Cannell Series: THE GREATEST AMERICAN HERO!! -- 62 total posts 25 posts
- Is this what Doctor Doom looks like in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 307 total posts 25 posts
- Will there be a change of roster in Avengers: Age of Ultron and if so, who's gonna be on it? -- 293 total posts 23 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 339 total posts 20 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of Fox's Batman-Free GOTHAM, Woody’s MAGIC IN THE MOONLIGHT, The Final Season Of BOARDWALK EMPIRE, And The Latest MARVEL, DC, STAR WARS & STAR TREK News!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 16 total posts 16 posts