A New SKYFALL Videoblogembedomatic Discusses The Film's Design!!
A new SKYFALL videoblog was issued Friday...perhaps not the best day to release such a thing given the Geekverse's preoccupation with AVENGERS' North American release. But here it is all the same, for your consideration, now.
This installment features insight from Production Designer Dennis Gassner, who teases the complexity of realizing a production of this scale. Gassner's previous credits include FIELD OF DREAMS, THE HUDSUCKER PROXY, THE TRUMAN SHOW, and QUANTUM OF SOLACE.
LOVE that shot at 1:47...
SKYFALL arrives in theaters this November.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
May 7, 2012, 10:41 a.m. CST
by Read and Shut Up
...really dig these behind-the-scenes things.
May 7, 2012, 10:46 a.m. CST
by Dr. Francis B. Gross
May 7, 2012, 10:59 a.m. CST
May 7, 2012, 11:02 a.m. CST
May 7, 2012, 11:03 a.m. CST
May 7, 2012, 11:04 a.m. CST
May 7, 2012, 12:06 p.m. CST
by peter skellen
May 7, 2012, 12:17 p.m. CST
And you can go on about how Craig's Bond is closest to the novels and I admit that the post-GoldenEye Brosnan Bond movies didn't have the best scripts but at least Brosnan "got it".
May 7, 2012, 12:22 p.m. CST
He brings real depth to the character and I love how they are bringing a more realistic Bond back to the fray. Sort of like Bond in From Russia with Love where the villain didn't have plans to blow up/take over the world, no space battles, no undersea cities, no crazy gadgets, no 'hide by standing out in the crowd' covert ops. And he actually bleeds after a fight. Craig is the best thing to happen to Bond since Connery.
May 7, 2012, 1:08 p.m. CST
The one problem I have with Craig is that he always comes across as a Gen-Xer more interested in being considered edgy and aloof than someone who plays James Bond. Previous actors like Dalton and Brosnan treated the role with a great deal of respect- as if they were members of a very exclusive club. By comparison, I've yet to see a Craig interview where he doesn't say "fuck" every other word or seem dismissive of the previous films and actors. I don't think he means to do any of it on purpose, but he still comes across as a complete ass nonetheless.
May 7, 2012, 1:15 p.m. CST
...that Craig never really struck me that way prior to Bond. In the past, he always came across in interviews as this quiet, mousy guy. Now he's more like the high school loser that mistakes acting like a dick for being an alpha male.
May 7, 2012, 1:45 p.m. CST
I just saw Roger Deakins in that video. I guess I totally missed that he was shooting this. It makes sense though. That is the most exciting thing that I have heard about this movie so far.
May 7, 2012, 5:54 p.m. CST
Connery as Bond will never be topped though. It is kind of like trying to recast Indiana Jones or Captain James T. Kirk. You can try, and sometimes it works okay (Chris Pine did a good job as young Kirk), but it is a big fucking gamble with shitty odds most of the time.
May 7, 2012, 5:56 p.m. CST
by peter skellen
He looks about 60 already.
May 7, 2012, 6:26 p.m. CST
But he's no Connery or Dalton...
May 7, 2012, 6:54 p.m. CST
Your real problem is there is no more untapped material from the author who made it all happen and you don't like the hollywood attempts to re-create Ian Fleming
May 7, 2012, 6:55 p.m. CST
May 8, 2012, 12:01 a.m. CST
Craig was missing his Heineken though. At the very least this movie is going to look fantastic.
May 8, 2012, 12:20 a.m. CST
by johndalf greymane
a Neanderthal in a tuxedo. Craig seems to have done it right in Casino Royale, the right amount of suave crossed with caged leopard, but all of QoS escaped me. Utterly forgettable and very Bourne. Wooden even. Im hoping with a new script in the Bond style, he'll rise to the role. Moore made Bond goofy, and the rest have missed the mark imho. Craig definitely has the potential to be the best Bond since Connery... we will see.
May 8, 2012, 12:23 a.m. CST
by johndalf greymane
Hong Kong and Tokyo are like that right now, only clean. Google images of Hong Kong at night.
May 8, 2012, 1:05 a.m. CST
I've been reading the original books. This could be the UK's Mad Men.
May 8, 2012, 7 a.m. CST
by peter skellen
I've read all the books and that was not Fleming's intention. Bond was a fantasy version of himself. Do you think the ultra urbane snobbish Ian Fleming would want to be Daniel Craig? Fleming and Cubby would have loathed what Barbara Broccoli has done to the series.
- At Long Last, Our First Trailer For MAD MAX: FURY ROAD!! Official Vid Of Comic-Con Reel!! -- 445 total posts 445 posts
- Harry says GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is better than German Chocolate Cake & means it!!! -- 316 total posts 316 posts
- SDCC '14: First footage of Batman vs Superman screens!!! Now w/ hi-res look at Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman!! -- 665 total posts 201 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of Luc Besson’s LUCY, MONTY PYTHON LIVE (MOSTLY), Tomorrow’s LEFTOVERS And The Latest STAR WARS, DC, MARVEL, LOUIE, 24, HBO & GAME OF THRONES News!! Plus The Return Of AICN’s Own Horrorella!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 265 total posts 142 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint runs down the AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON footage!!! -- 142 total posts 127 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint has seen actual footage from George Miller's MAD MAX: FURY ROAD!!! -- 107 total posts 107 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint has a ton of photos and highlights from Marvel's Avengers: Age of Ultron panel! -- 95 total posts 95 posts
- SDCC '14: Legendary announces a King Kong movie by the name of SKULL ISLAND!!! -- 125 total posts 55 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint checks out Marvel's Ant-Man panel and sees a nifty teaser sequence! -- 54 total posts 54 posts
- SDCC '14: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 2 flying into our galaxy in July 2017! -- 81 total posts 46 posts