South Florida - Want To Pledge Your Allegiance To THE DICTATOR On Thursday Night?
The Kidd here...
i've been a Sacha Baron Cohen fan going back to his Ali G days. He's one of the reasons I find TALLADEGA NIGHTS tolerable, and BORAT is easily one of those times I've never laughed so hard (cue up the naked wrestling fight). BRÜNO had its fair share of moments, but it definitely felt like Cohen was focusing on pushing the envelope further and further rather than really paying attention to making a funny film. After supporting roles in SWEENEY TODD and HUGO, Cohen is back enter stage for THE DICTATOR, which shies away from the mockumentary style he's done quite well and puts him into far more scripted fare with the likes of John C. Reilly, Anna Faris, Ben Kingsley and Megan Fox. This time Cohen plays Admiral General Aladeen, dictator of the Republic of Wadiya, and... well, you can find out the rest yourself.
What you can find out from me, however, is how to come out Thursday night, May 10, to pledge your allegiance to Aladeen and the Republic of Wadiya for an advance screening of THE DICTATOR at the AMC Sunset Place 24 in South Miami.
I've got a block of tickets for the movie, and, if you want to get your hands on a pair for yourself and a guest, you're going to have to start thinking like a dictator. It's easy in a democracy to start coming up with a basic bill of rights that your citizens should be entitled to by the mere fact that they're born. However, when it comes to a dictatorship, you've got to start taking things away from people to show them who's in charge.
Therefore, I want your anti-Bill of Rights as a dictator of your own fictional country. Give me the five rights people don't have under your rule, or at the very least the five things you're guaranteeing to take away from people that they might be able to have somewhere else with more freedom.
I'll pick the best lists as they roll in and start giving out tickets until I'm all out, so be swift and good at the same time. Once they're all gone, they're all gone.
Send in your name and list to Contests@AintItCool.com with the following subject line exactly (in all CAPS):
I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE DICTATOR
Winners will be posted as soon as I'm all out.
If you're not sure if you're going to be able to make it, it's quite simple - don't enter. If you don't think you can get out of work early enough, or if you have class, homework, chores, scheduled surgery, an unreliable car, prior engagements or previous commitments that may prevent you from attending this screening, don't try to win only to let these seats go to waste. Oh, and, if you enter to win and then no-show, don't expect to win anything anytime soon in the future, which would be a shame considering what awaits you this summer and beyond.
Thanks to Paramount Pictures for setting this up. Good luck.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
May 6, 2012, 4:05 p.m. CST
why dont we get anything cool?
May 6, 2012, 4:14 p.m. CST
He gets to screw Isla Fisher every night so whoever wins...we lose
May 6, 2012, 4:32 p.m. CST
by Del Ray
Check out my song parodies on you tube. From Fox News to Michael Jackson to Ted Nugent. 15 Total. https://www.youtube.com/user/DelRayPookenstein/videos
May 6, 2012, 6:35 p.m. CST
May 6, 2012, 7:20 p.m. CST
May 6, 2012, 10:33 p.m. CST
We get TIFF, Hot Docs and Toronto after Dark Horror Festival and much, much more. We do alright :-)
May 7, 2012, 2:17 a.m. CST
He might get re-elected.
May 7, 2012, 3:50 a.m. CST
by Keanu Gives
Location, location, locaiton, sucks, sucks, sucks.
May 7, 2012, 4:26 a.m. CST
...Saskatchewan. That used to piss me off to no end. Would watch MuchMusic in the 80s and early 90s and they'd advertise a contest that was eligible for people in cities like Victoria, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Brandon... I remember once, ONCE, they mentioned Regina and the VJ had to look again at his notes because he thought it was a typo.
May 7, 2012, 7:48 a.m. CST
...waiting for the Avengers to start (in Sheffield, UK). I have to say, I was thoroughly embarrassed; the film looks like it delivers on all those typical anti-muslim stereotypes. No one in the packed theatre (who laughed their asses off at The Avengers) had one slight titter to give this obviously piece of shit movie being given hype upon hype. The jokes were so flat I mistook them for roadkill. These feelings were compounded when I saw that it was written, shot, edited and produced by a bagful of Jewish guys (but mainly the same one who has managed to do the impossible - make Larry David unfunny - stand up Alec Berg). Oh dear... and I'm a long time fan of SBC. At least they didn't affront me further by calling this 'The Great Dictator'! Here's a suggestion, why not just shorten the title to 'The Dic'..?
May 7, 2012, 8:33 a.m. CST
and I haven't heard a single laugh. In fact before the Avengers the audience seemed a little perplexed by it. It seemed a bit like old fashioned racism dressed up as a fish-out-of-water comedy. If this is what they are using to sell the film, then I really don't hold out much hope for the end product.
May 7, 2012, 10:45 a.m. CST
by Dark Doom
I saw the Avengers on friday afternoon and after this trailer people actually groaned. It just goes to show that in Hollywood the money game (see the producers) is still alive and well.
May 7, 2012, 10:57 a.m. CST
Go to Briebart or Fox News.com to spew your bullshit.
- ‘He’s Worse Than Anybody!!’ Sunday Brings HBO’s Season Finale Of TRUE DETECTIVE!! -- 221 total posts 85 posts
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 235 total posts 20 posts
- 'We Mustn’t Disappoint Father!!' Check Out The Size Of Dany’s Dragons In The Latest Trailer For GAME OF THRONES Season Four!! -- 10 total posts 10 posts
- Hercules Says RESURRECTION Is Easily The Best Broadcast Pilot Of The 2013-14 Season And ABC’s Best Pilot In Years!! -- 48 total posts 10 posts
- ‘We Got Six Bullets!!’ Sunday Brings WALKING DEAD 4.13!! -- 88 total posts 10 posts
- Darker ZORRO Reboot Finds its Writer! -- 309 total posts 8 posts
- Lena Dunham Hosts SNL!! Sagan COSMOS Marathon On NGC!! New UNIVERSE, OUTRAGEOUS ACTS OF SCIENCE & BLACK SAILS!! SWAMP PAWN, RAISING WHITLEY, SCORNED, COPS & CRAZY HEARTS Finales!! Hallmark’s A RING BY SPRING!! Lifetime’s A TRIP TO BOUNTIFUL!! Herc’s Saturday TV Talkback!! -- 36 total posts 5 posts
- Jeremy Returns With More Tales From The CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER Set! -- 93 total posts 5 posts
- Spring Forward With Lauren Cohen & Sonequa Martin-Green On TALKING DEAD!! Data Brokers On 60 MINUTES!! The Premieres Of Fox’s COSMOS, Lohan’s LINDSAY & Carolla’s CATCH A CONTRATOR!! The Returns Of BURGERS, SIMPSONS, GUY, ONCE & REVENGE!! New GIRLS, ISLAND, AMAZING, SHAMELESS, FIANCE, WIVES, AX!! KARDASHIANS & LOOKING Finales!! Herc’s Sunday TV Talkback!! -- 7 total posts 4 posts
- SXSW 2014: Nordling Reviews BOYHOOD! -- 8 total posts 3 posts