NBC says of “Bus Tour”:
Leslie goes on a bus tour for the final day of her campaign, and is caught off guard when an important person in Pawnee passes away. Meanwhile, Andy susses out a security threat, and Chris finds an unlikely cure for his depression.
More in the text invisible.
* The clip above is tonight’s entire pre-title sequence.
* Andy spends most of the episode as his fake-FBI alter-ego
Burt Macklin. He assigns highly sexual code-names to most of the regular characters. His crime-solving bulletin board cracked me up, as did a violent crime re-enactment.
* We are reminded that at least three beautiful women elected not to be Chris’ girlfriend this season.
* In her stump speech, Leslie references a comedian who’s been dead since 2004.
* Leslie’s tour bus is full of sexy dancers in hot pants.
* If I’m not mistaken, “Yes Dear” icon Mike O’Malley turns up this week.
* The delightfully absent Perd Hapley returns, as does Bobby Newport (Paul Rudd) and his expensive campaign manager Jennifer Barkley (Kathryn Hahn).
* At one juncture early in the episode, I laughed at the sound of the bus door slamming shut.
* Did Adam Scott and Kathryn Hahn play husband and wife in “Step Brothers”? If so, I was reminded of that by this episode.
* Great line: “I wasn’t listening, but I strongly disagree with Ann!”
* Another great line: “I haven’t got all day!”
* How does it end, spoiler-boy? “Great job!”
The season finale airs next Thursday. We’ll know by the following weekend whether or not it was the series finale. I’m guessing not.
9:30 p.m. Thursday. NBC