Amy Poehler, who wrote the “Parks and Recreation” episodes “Telethon” and “The Fight,” writes and makes her directorial debut on tonight’s hilarious “The Debate.” More in the text invisible.
* April tonight provides a comprehensive list of things she cares about.
* We learn tonight Andy shares my love of “Road House.”
* If you watched the clips above, you may believe Chris is making another run at Ann tonight, and you would believe correctly. If you think Tom does not take this well? Right again.
* Two familiar broadcast personalities, useless halfwit Perd Hapley and Knope-loathing Joan Callamezzo, return to moderate the big debate.
* The funniest thing about the episode are the fringe candidates Leslie must debate in addition to Paul Rudd’s character, Romneyesque candy heir Bobby Newport. There’s a gun nut and an animal rights activist in the hunt, but the funniest of Leslie’s opponents is Brandi Maxxxx, Leslie’s porn-star doppleganger. Leslie’s non-verbal efforts to distinguish herself from Maxxxx are a riot and must be witnessed.
* Dialogue highlight: “By the looks of this guy, this is not consensual sex we’re talking about.”
* How does it end, spoiler-boy? “Things do not go well!!”
9:30 p.m. Thursday. NBC.