So They Showed Some New EXPENDABLES 2 Material At CinemaCon 2012...
Latino Review has a description of an EXPENDABLES 2 trailer which premiered at CinemaCon 2012. Word is this promo will soon start making the rounds officially, so we'll be able to see it for ourselves in pretty short order. Until then, here's a tease...
The trailer started off with team in the jungle surrounded by ruthless soldiers, and Barny Ross (played by Sylvester Stallone) kills the soldiers using his finger as a pistol. Actually, the new recruit The Kid (played by Liam Hemsworth) was the sniper that killed the soldiers.
...it also focused on Schwarzenegger and Bruce Willis in action for the sequel.
Schwarzenegger and Willis driving in a tiny European smart car
[UPDATE from Monty Cristo at CinemaCon: Hey guys, I saw this trailer last night before the screening of WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU'RE EXPECTING. The trailer includes hand-to-hand combat between Stallone and Van Damme, Schwarzenegger invoking one of his classic catchphrases, Chuck Norris making a crowd-rousing entrance, and a general look and feel that excites me more about the film than any of the promo material for the first one did. The lineup of badasses combined with the kinetic energy of this trailer makes me think that this is what a lot of fans out there need to see to get pumped for this movie. The trailer will premiere soon enough, attached to the front of AVENGERS on May 4th.]
You can find further description of the trailer HERE. EXPENDABLES 2 hits screens this August.
--- follow Merrick on Twitter !
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
April 25, 2012, 8:50 a.m. CST
April 25, 2012, 8:51 a.m. CST
April 25, 2012, 8:56 a.m. CST
..like a young man coming in for a quickie. I feel so unsatisfied
April 25, 2012, 8:57 a.m. CST
Just like the first. Not neccessarily a bad thing, but that's all it was.
April 25, 2012, 9:21 a.m. CST
Agree with all of the above - the finger thing's been done, and Expendables 1 was overrated BIG time
April 25, 2012, 9:23 a.m. CST
Remember when action movies were all about fun? Second one is going to be even better. And at least Sly has the balls to release R rated movies these days.
April 25, 2012, 9:24 a.m. CST
April 25, 2012, 9:39 a.m. CST
I wonder, now, if they took all the gallons of HGH used by the actors in this film, and collected it up into one container . . . how big would that container have to be?
April 25, 2012, 9:39 a.m. CST
not that i have a problem with that.. i like him more than sam worthington.
April 25, 2012, 9:53 a.m. CST
by jake rodgers
John Ritter did the finger gun thing first, and best, in Real Men
April 25, 2012, 10:01 a.m. CST
the Losers ! (also the bit where Chris Evans singing is quality). Liked Expendables as a Friday night rented film with the lads.
April 25, 2012, 10:35 a.m. CST
April 25, 2012, 10:46 a.m. CST
get rid of these three things....then we can talk.
April 25, 2012, 11:08 a.m. CST
Seek it out, it's a classic.
April 25, 2012, 11:34 a.m. CST
so not really "pioneered" if that's the case.
April 25, 2012, 11:34 a.m. CST
Their surgically stretched and colagen injected mugs still make them look like an old aunty bridge club!
April 25, 2012, 11:36 a.m. CST
April 25, 2012, 11:53 a.m. CST
I mean, it's a break from Stallone fisting guys in the ROCKY series, but still...
April 25, 2012, 12:24 p.m. CST
And the whole Jason Statham/Charisma Carpenter subplot was pointless!
April 25, 2012, 12:28 p.m. CST
John Mctiernan to direct Expendables 3. Everybody say ay´!
April 25, 2012, 1:08 p.m. CST
Ironically, it was used to take off a guys finger.
April 25, 2012, 1:29 p.m. CST
April 25, 2012, 1:32 p.m. CST
The WGA should name a wing after you.
April 25, 2012, 2:19 p.m. CST
You mean "qvickie". :D
April 25, 2012, 2:21 p.m. CST
Why the fuck did they let Dolph back in the gang? Absurd? How on earth did Stallone create such a connection with this girl in one visit. "Oh, I meet you once and I must bring my entire team back to overthrow an island just to rescue her." Oh, and we didn't see shit from the team until the attack ... it was all Stallone and Statham, Jet Li's scenes were all forced ... The only thing I thought was clever was their disguises as environmental activists. Loved the Patagonia hat ...
April 25, 2012, 2:31 p.m. CST
eff that mofo useless wanna be badass douche. I just saw an old episode of walker texas ranger and can't understand for the life of me how the fuck this show lasted for like nine seasons on the air.
April 25, 2012, 2:31 p.m. CST
Take it that's for the US only? Just asking as I'm seeing Avengers in the UK tomorrow - be nice to get this as a trailer as a Batman one is too predictable. (Bond would be awesome, but no chance of that)
April 25, 2012, 2:41 p.m. CST
Don't want complete parody, but nothing wrong with a bit of having fun with things.
April 25, 2012, 3:04 p.m. CST
by Christian Sylvain
- Plenty of non shaky cam action - No filters for the camera, or poor lighting - A decent story - Memorable, inventive kills. - No CGI blood - Each character gets a good amount of spotlight and don't forget the blatant homoeroticism
April 25, 2012, 4:11 p.m. CST
April 25, 2012, 6:09 p.m. CST
by Prior Walter
Looked good enough.
April 25, 2012, 6:10 p.m. CST
umm.. wouldn't Prison Break have ripped off Sly's underrated flick "Lock Up" in which a sadistic warden makes life hell for an inmate who ratted on him and MUST escape.. wouldn't that be more like Prison Break ripping off Sly.. and Sly ripping off Prison Break? can't really say.. who ripped off whom in that scenario... and.. The Expendables was CLOSER (still not even half way there) to what Tarantion PROMISED Inglorious Basterds was going to be.. for a DECADE he described it as men on a misson.. and compared it to The Dirty Dozen... filled with an all star cast.. Sandler, Murphy, Bruce, Arnie.. Sly... and we get.. Brad Pitt.. the director of Hostel and the kid from Freaks and Geeks? seriously? Not that I hated Inglorious Basterds, although I didn't feel Brad Pitt in the role of Aldo. But it definitely was NOT the film he talked up since "Jackie Brown" either.
April 25, 2012, 6:13 p.m. CST
A man of distinction.. and I bow to you sir.. "Real Men" one of the most weird ass.. and HILARIOUSLY out there movies of the 80s. Just love the image of John Ritter running out in front of the house pointing his finger and yelling "BANG". Then the scene where he kicks the hell out of the Russian clowns (yes seriously. a Russian assassination squad of clowns). Great underrated gem that needs the full treatment on Blu Ray.
April 25, 2012, 8:45 p.m. CST
Sure QT promised men on a mission but what we got instead was a great movie.
April 25, 2012, 11:18 p.m. CST
by Tigger Tales
oh Jesus yes,this!!!
April 26, 2012, 2:35 a.m. CST
by The Lone Funman
Should be a good ride
April 26, 2012, 4:47 a.m. CST
by Andrew Coleman
No shaky cam and hopefully no CGI blood, that shit stands out, I know people don't think it does, but it does. I get that it's trendy to hate on the Expendables but I thought it was fine. Looking forward to this one big time. You can't write off movies like Transformers as "just popcorn fun" then rag on this movie.
April 26, 2012, 12:42 p.m. CST
Real Men getting some love. It really is an awesome movie.
- 1st wk of Sept 2014's PICKS & PEEKS with Universal Monsters, FIRESTARTER, Eco-Terrorism, swords & fantasy! -- 87 total posts 83 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 385 total posts 13 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 425 total posts 12 posts
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 725 total posts 11 posts
- AICN HORROR: Dr. Karen Oughton checks out four fear-filled films from Film4 FrightFest 2014: THE LAST SHOWING! SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR! THE GUEST! DOC OF THE DEAD! -- 10 total posts 10 posts
- The DRUNK HISTORY Finale!! HOUDINI Finale!! ROYAL PAINS Finale!! RIZZOLI & ISLES Finale!! HARD KNOCKS Finale!! New TALENT, CARTER, GEAR, LITTLE, LIARS, MATADOR, WIZARD!! The Chenbot On LETTERMAN!! Brienne Of Tarth On CRAIG!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 10 total posts 10 posts
- Abortionist Killers On PBS!! HOUDINI Hits History!! Angie Returns To THE DOME!! New DALLAS, PARADISE, WOLF, WILD, MASTERCHEF, MODEL, NINJA, HOTEL, BEACH, & RAW!! PARTNERS & MISTRESSES Finales!! UNAUTHORIZED SAVED BY THE BELL STORY!! Annaleigh Ashford On CRAIG!! Herc’s Monday TV Talkback!! -- 31 total posts 6 posts
- AICN COMICS PODCAST reviews GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY! WAYWARD! SUNDOWNERS! & More! -- 5 total posts 5 posts
- WALKING DEAD!! BOARDWALK EMPIRE!! AGENTS OF SHIELD!! STAR WARS REBELS!! SOUTH PARK!! NEW GIRL!! HOMELAND!! GOTHAM!! FLASH!! SURVIVOR!! RESURRECTION!! PARENTHOOD!! BURGERS!! BLACKLIST!! BANG!! VOICE!! SLEEPY!! PERSON!! UTOPIA!! ANARCHY!! Z!! More Than 200 Autumn Premiere Dates!! -- 54 total posts 4 posts
- Harry may be crazy about SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR - but so may you -- 570 total posts 3 posts