AICN HORROR: Check out this exclusive clip from the indie horror gem RISE OF THE ANIMALS!
Greetings, Ambush Bug here with a special AICN HORROR: ZOMBIES & SHARKS exclusive. Always a supporter of indie horror, AICN HORROR proudly presents RISE OF THE ANIMALS, a low budget indie horror comedy that was just brought to my attention. Below is an AICN HORROR exclusive clip to the film which will be available on DVD on May 1st from Midnight Releasing. Find out more info about the film on the RISE OF THE ANIMALS website here.
Remember, Jackson, Raimi, Carpenter, and every other filmmaker you now worship all started somewhere. Who knows where the makers of this little gem will be showing up next?
Enjoy the clip!
And here is the official teaser trailer to the film, which is equally parts goofy and gory fun.
See you for my regular AICN HORROR column on Friday, folks!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
April 25, 2012, 8:51 a.m. CST
April 25, 2012, 8:56 a.m. CST
April 25, 2012, 9:05 a.m. CST
Or is that too horrible to remember?
April 25, 2012, 9:15 a.m. CST
I used to visit every single day. Now there is rarely the dvd review column, which is something I can use when looking for movies to check out, and to satiate my horror tooth I get deer puppet heads? Something has got to give because you guys are losing what used to make this site great. I hate the whiny twats on the talkbacks bitching about Harry...I tend to defend him, but even I am disappointed with where this site is going.
April 25, 2012, 9:43 a.m. CST
This is one level below the latter. Oy.
April 25, 2012, 9:56 a.m. CST
April 25, 2012, 10:18 a.m. CST
practical effects! lol Ah, I do have a soft spot for possessed mooseheads or...whatever the fuck they were...and literally buckets of blood thrown sideways at a person...no Evil Dead 2 wannabe flick has quite got that down pat yet, so I'll check this one out ;) Man fuck cinemacon, AICN has THE exclusive right here
April 25, 2012, 10:19 a.m. CST
'horseshit'. Heh, I see what you did there
April 25, 2012, 10:22 a.m. CST
Seriously sad that this website would even promote this huge piece of horseshit. I hate digital cameras and the fact that any tom, dick, or harry can go and make a movie, all it does is flood the market with shit like this. I gotta wonder if someone on the AICN staff were friends or family with the people responsible for this abortion.
April 25, 2012, 10:23 a.m. CST
sad to report, cgi after all ;) I was half serious when I said I was glad it wouldn't! ah well
April 25, 2012, 10:37 a.m. CST
by Read and Shut Up
Thanks Spinal Tap - a review was never more apt.
April 25, 2012, 10:42 a.m. CST
by Vince Ricardo
... as this. I'm giving it a .2% benefit of the doubt that it really doesn't deserve.
April 25, 2012, 10:57 a.m. CST
Really? Really?? Sure, I might laugh seeing this at a film festival and think it is hilarious fun but unless some buddies of mine were in the film, I couldn't fathom spending money on this.
April 25, 2012, 11:24 a.m. CST
by Ambush Bug
April 25, 2012, 11:31 a.m. CST
Battleship has Liam Neeson so you'll have to pay some money.
April 25, 2012, 12:26 p.m. CST
Fuck this shit.
April 25, 2012, 12:36 p.m. CST
I did laugh at the physically questionable amount of blood flying around.
April 25, 2012, 12:47 p.m. CST
by Vince Ricardo
... did you mean that your mom had just called you up and told you that your little brother just "made a movie" and could you please put it on your web site? Sheesh, indeed. I mean, really, you cannot POSSIBLY be surprised at the reaction to this. Seriously.
April 25, 2012, 1:03 p.m. CST
The duck-billed platypus scene alone will be worth the price of admission.
April 25, 2012, 1:05 p.m. CST
April 25, 2012, 5:04 p.m. CST
Sounds like a slightly sped up recording of the noises my terrier made when she had worms.
April 25, 2012, 6:46 p.m. CST
Kate Vernon use to be hot circa Pretty in Pink, Malcolm X ..... hmm Battlestar Galactica really got silly towards the end there eh? Making the cyclons a secret society of religious robots who were angels AND part of prophecy just pushed it too far. It started off really well too. I hope Game Of Thrones doesn't get unrealistic/disconnected in seasons 4 and 5+.
April 25, 2012, 8:25 p.m. CST
i just laughed so fucking hard when it went from the chase cam to the dog chasing the guy, thats death
April 25, 2012, 9:26 p.m. CST
by Nasty In The Pasty
FUCKING STOP IT WITH THE "RISE" SHIT!!!
April 25, 2012, 11:05 p.m. CST
April 26, 2012, 1:21 a.m. CST
by omar qadri
Really Weird but I guess it will be good for laughs and gags
April 26, 2012, 8:45 a.m. CST
Honestly, I like this idea and wish this had a bigger budget. I wouldn't use CGI though. That shot of the CG squirrel wouldve looked better, if they tried to use something practical. And I agree with the "Rise" complaints...why is that such a popular word in movies, lately?
April 26, 2012, 9:29 a.m. CST
Fer Chrissake, at least TRY to make the deer heads look less like a handpuppet....sheesh...
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 675 total posts 52 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 404 total posts 38 posts
- DOCTOR WHO 8.2!! ‘Kelvington’ Reviews This Weekend’s Episode And Says He’s Not Sure He Enjoys ‘What The Show Is Becoming’!! -- 360 total posts 25 posts
- WALKING DEAD!! BOARDWALK EMPIRE!! AGENTS OF SHIELD!! STAR WARS REBELS!! SOUTH PARK!! NEW GIRL!! HOMELAND!! GOTHAM!! FLASH!! SURVIVOR!! RESURRECTION!! PARENTHOOD!! BURGERS!! BLACKLIST!! BANG!! VOICE!! SLEEPY!! PERSON!! UTOPIA!! ANARCHY!! Z!! More Than 200 Autumn Premiere Dates!! -- 36 total posts 19 posts
- A Few Promo Images From EXODUS: GODS AND KINGS Bring Ridleyish Spectacle!! -- 210 total posts 19 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 359 total posts 12 posts
- Abortionist Killers On PBS!! HOUDINI Hits History!! Angie Returns To THE DOME!! New DALLAS, PARADISE, WOLF, WILD, MASTERCHEF, MODEL, NINJA, HOTEL, BEACH, & RAW!! PARTNERS & MISTRESSES Finales!! UNAUTHORIZED SAVED BY THE BELL STORY!! Annaleigh Ashford On CRAIG!! Herc’s Monday TV Talkback!! -- 11 total posts 11 posts
- A New Clip From STAR WARS REBELS!! -- 9 total posts 9 posts
- Will there be a change of roster in Avengers: Age of Ultron and if so, who's gonna be on it? -- 308 total posts 9 posts
- Is this what Doctor Doom looks like in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 318 total posts 9 posts