South Florida - Come Out To See THE BURNING MOON This Friday The 13th!!
The Kidd here...
I've got something pretty different for you, South Florida, particularly for those of you who enjoy quite a bit of gore during the late night hours.
The Borscht Corp. is bringing to Olaf Ittenbach's THE BURNING MOON to the O Cinema in Miami - 90 NW 29 Street - this Friday the 13th for a special midnight screening. This screening is open free to the public, but I managed to snag a handful of reserved seats for our Ain't It Cool readers to be able to cut the line and make their ways inside.
I've got five pairs of seats that I'm offering up, which will guarantee you entry inside up to five minutes before showtime. I still recommend you get there early to enjoy all of the festivities and to make sure you and your guest sit together (I said your seats were guaranteed, just not that they'd be next to each other), but at least I'll make sure you get in the door.
How do you take your best shot at these?
Easy... in 100 words or less, tell me the nastiest thing you've ever seen committed to film.
THE BURNING MOON isn't exactly for those with a weak stomach, so I want to make sure you can not only appreciate the film but that you can handle it, too.
I'll pick the five best entries of the bunch, and those winners are off to the flick.
Send in your entry and full name to Contests@AintItCool.com with the following subject line exactly (in all CAPS):
I AM A SICK HUMAN BEING
You've got until 11:59 p.m. EST on Wednesday, April 11, to send them in. Winners will be posted on the site and notified by email the following day.
If you're not sure if you're going to be able to make it, it's quite simple - don't enter. If you don't think you can get out of work early enough, or if you have class, homework, chores, scheduled surgery, an unreliable car, prior engagements or previous commitments that may prevent you from attending this screening, don't try to win only to let these seats go to waste. Oh, and, if you enter to win and then no-show, don't expect to win anything anytime soon in the future, which would be a shame considering what awaits you this summer and beyond.
Good luck to you all, and thanks to the Borscht Corp. for setting this up for us.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
April 9, 2012, 1:58 p.m. CST
by Dion Mucciacito
April 9, 2012, 1:59 p.m. CST
by Cletus Van Damme
Makes Milli Vanilli look like The Rolling Stones.
April 9, 2012, 2 p.m. CST
April 9, 2012, 2:21 p.m. CST
looks cheaper than shit
April 9, 2012, 2:21 p.m. CST
Have fun you lucky bastards. :)
April 9, 2012, 2:40 p.m. CST
1) This was shot on video. And by "it was shot on video", I don't mean that it was shot on video like CHRONICLES or MIAMI VICE was shot on video, this was shot and finished on a prosumer video format in the mid-Nineties, possibly 3/4", Betacam (not SP) or even S-VHS. Compared to some of the other shot-on-video marvels being made around that time, BURNING MOON rates at "slightly above average" on the quality scale, but that still rates ten times lower than your average three-camera half-hour sitcom from the same era. Its main selling point, of course, was the gore, and if that's your bag, you're gonna get exactly what you're looking for. However, between the sub-par quality of the image and the sound (like most SOV movies then and now, most of the audio is being picked up on a camera-mounted mic), not to mention, whatever actor they could scrape up to do this, gore is about the only part of the movie you'll be awake for. However, that's not gonna matter much, because ...</p><p> 2) ... it's in German. Also, unless they've fixed the subtitles since its initial release in the States, most of the translation is about a baby-step up from "I think they're talking about shoes, so I'll just write 'Nice shoes'! for this part!" Maybe that would be fine, if it were a straight-forward zombie movie or a linear slasher, but about five minutes in, you'll realize there's some weird plot afoot about the Devil and demons taking over the earth and that nothing anyone is saying, according to the translation, makes a lick of sense. Maybe if you speak German and you can actually pick up on what the actors are saying, you won't get lost. Otherwise, you're gonna feel slightly less gypped than if you'd been invited to a free screening of BOARDINGHOUSE or THE RIPPER.
April 9, 2012, 2:54 p.m. CST
by Shut the Fuck up Donny
What a wonderful, gratuitously violent piece of shit it was. I've been dying to see it again. Alas, I lost the VHS tape of it on one of my many moves...
April 9, 2012, 3:39 p.m. CST
by Lord Elric
To shock me, takes serious effort. You have to bring your AAA game and be prepared for defeat. Same thing goes for trying to scare me in a movie. Been there, done that school Yet,in one single scene, it showed all of the remaining things that still grossed me out or made me go "aaah! at the time. Much to the laughing delight of my friend who showed it to me. It's very possible that this one finished me off for ever getting squeamish in a movie. I have NO clue why an anniversary edition of this is getting into theaters. But it does bring a smile to my face.
April 9, 2012, 4:49 p.m. CST
The last half-hour is *rough*. I rarely have problems with ultra-gory horror movies, but I had to pour myself a stiff drink after watching this fucker. Consider yourself warned.
April 10, 2012, 9:55 a.m. CST
by T 1000 xp professional
Then consider my South Floridian virgin eyes sitting this one out.. :/ Don't judge me
- Filed under "you're damn right it's 2014," Kevin Smith to direct Johnny Depp in YOGA HOSERS!! -- 263 total posts 73 posts
- August Picks & Peeks 2014 Catch Up: DePalma, Jarmusch, Corman, Cuaron, Arau, Cosmotos, Brass, Huston + more! -- 45 total posts 45 posts
- Trailer for New Stephen King Thriller, A GOOD MARRIAGE! -- 48 total posts 40 posts
- Here’s Our First Official Image From The ANT-MAN Movie!! -- 298 total posts 26 posts
- SHERLOCK’s Benedict Cumberbatch To Play Another Khan In Warner Bros’ JUNGLE BOOK Movie!! -- 103 total posts 14 posts
- The OLYMPUS HAS FALLEN sequel, LONDON HAS FALLEN gets a director and rumored synopsis! -- 180 total posts 12 posts
- New Images from ROSEWATER, Starring Gael Garcia Bernal! -- 33 total posts 11 posts
- Check Out the International Poster for HORNS! -- 36 total posts 10 posts
- A Tuesday MiniDocback Brings DOCTOR WHO S8 Promo Images, Moffat's MicroSynopses For S8 Eps, A Look At The New York & Mexican Premieres Of ‘Deep Breath’, And More!! -- 23 total posts 10 posts
- Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg to Re-Team on New Film! -- 93 total posts 10 posts