Why didn’t the Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day tell me I was in love with it?
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Pic!
I’m taking a break from my nice holiday weekend to give you a today’s pic, featuring Judy Garland and Fred Astaire hobo-ing out on the set of Easter Parade, so I hope you like it!
Now I need to get back to hunting for that damn rabbit who left eggs all over my lawn this morning. Be very, very quiet!
Enjoy the shot of Garland and Astaire! Click to enlargen!
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at email@example.com.
Tomorrow’s pic ain’t gonna hurt ya’.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
April 8, 2012, 6:42 p.m. CST
They're both legends, don't get me wrong, but there was something about the way Kelly danced so fluidly with such a look of masculine indifference that amazes me. Anyway, cool pic.
April 8, 2012, 6:44 p.m. CST
I guess everybody is at Easter dinner. Gawd, my work schedule sucks.
April 8, 2012, 6:54 p.m. CST
when the homeless were fun and happy, and we could dress like them to honor them and their proud families. Even the occasional woman getting gang raped by a crowd of them next to a warm, cozy fire in an oil drum in the trainyards was excused due to there being so much prestige associated with them Now they are just a bunch of smelly, insane, gibbering psychopaths who ask you for change, and complain when it's less than a dollar. Ingrates.
April 8, 2012, 6:55 p.m. CST
Kids these days wouldn't be caught dead dressed as a homeless person for halloween.
April 8, 2012, 7:07 p.m. CST
Remember when you could call a homeless person a hobo or a bum and you wouldn't be tonguelashed by some PC busybody? Ahhh, the good ol' days.
April 8, 2012, 7:14 p.m. CST
Due to his athleticism and difficulty of his choreography. Fred Astaire was great, of course, but I think of him more as a graceful ballroom dancer type. His earlier movies may be to blame for that. He did experiment with other styles in his later films, but Kelly started out with the more athletic style and with mixing different forms of dance. His style could also expand his career into other genres of film, like the swashbuckling movies he did. His acrobatic swordfight in The Three Musketeers is one of the best ever put on film.
April 8, 2012, 7:26 p.m. CST
Must be an east or west-coast PC thing to ban them at Halloween, but we had a few here at our door on here in the midwest this past Halloween.
April 8, 2012, 7:30 p.m. CST
April 8, 2012, 7:34 p.m. CST
charlie sheen must go to the same dentist.
April 8, 2012, 8:07 p.m. CST
by The Garbage Man
Anyone else seeing this?
April 8, 2012, 8:14 p.m. CST
April 8, 2012, 9:14 p.m. CST
by Bedknobs and Boomsticks
Anyhow, hobos were wandering laborers. They aren't synonymous with bums.
April 8, 2012, 9:16 p.m. CST
by Bedknobs and Boomsticks
mean bastard, but never lazy.
April 8, 2012, 10:49 p.m. CST
Am I right? Whadda I win?
April 8, 2012, 10:49 p.m. CST
Those aren't little chocolate eggs the rabbits leave all over the lawn. Stop eating them.
April 8, 2012, 10:54 p.m. CST
The "Steppin' Out" scene rules. And Peter Lawford was a honey in it. Judy wasn't too shabby either. Well in this pic she was. lol But she goes to a diner at one point and has a big 'ol dinner for like cents. Not even a whole dollar.
April 9, 2012, 12:05 a.m. CST
Oil-can. Ohhhh oil-can. Clearly that goes for you too, Fred.
April 9, 2012, 2:22 a.m. CST
Fred Astaire rampaged through a hospital, killing everyone with a knife, before heading into town to wipe out everyone at a strip club and an all-night fancy-dress party. He was finally cornered in a little shack in the middle of nowhere. They shot him dead.
April 9, 2012, 8:35 a.m. CST
With it's jouyous spirit and wanton good cheer? I say no. We are a pathetic lot with everything needs to be "dark" or "twisted." Kelly was awesome, but Astaire's "Royal Wedding" dance scene is all kinds of coolness!
April 9, 2012, 10:51 a.m. CST
Only danced together twice that I know of. Once was in the "Zigfield Follies", a routine called "The Babbit and the Bromide" and the other was in "That's Entertainment Part 2" (I think) where they were co-hosts. Dancing side by side, you could see that Astaire was the more technically perfect dancer. Probably "better" in that sense. However, Kelly was more creative, and appeared in the better movies. The last movie he danced in, Xanadu, was kinda unfortunate. I was working for the company (Don Bluth Productions) that did the animation for it, and heard that they signed Kelly for straight acting, and then slowly coaxed him into doing some dancing, with a promise that he would have a chance to direct a pet project if he did. Then, as soon as the movie was released, they reneged on the deal. What a shame. The man was a genuine genius.
April 9, 2012, 11:20 a.m. CST
April 9, 2012, 1:45 p.m. CST
by Jaster Mareel
Especially for back then when there was a huge homeless population, mostly of elderly and mentally handicapped, but they were still digging their way out of the Great Depression, so whole families were homeless through no fault of their own. Seems in bad taste to make fun of people who have no options. Just sayin'. This whole Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day bullshit is still a laughably stupid stand-in for any sort of real content.
April 9, 2012, 2:07 p.m. CST
But I like the pic. Very show biz-y.
April 10, 2012, 10:52 a.m. CST
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of Fox's Batman-Free GOTHAM, Woody’s MAGIC IN THE MOONLIGHT, The Final Season Of BOARDWALK EMPIRE, And The Latest MARVEL, DC, STAR WARS & STAR TREK News!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 253 total posts 138 posts
- DOCTOR WHO 8.2!! ‘Kelvington’ Reviews This Weekend’s Episode And Says He’s Not Sure He Enjoys ‘What The Show Is Becoming’!! -- 268 total posts 15 posts
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 524 total posts 11 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 252 total posts 9 posts
- Amazon To Bring Back Patrick Warburton As Ben Edlund’s TICK?? -- 38 total posts 3 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 345 total posts 3 posts
- Scream and Shout: Quint is inspired by Guardians of the Galaxy to revisit BATTLE BEYOND THE STARS (1980)! -- 199 total posts 2 posts
- A Few Promo Images From EXODUS: GODS AND KINGS Bring Ridleyish Spectacle!! -- 157 total posts 2 posts
- Harry may be crazy about SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR - but so may you -- 551 total posts 2 posts
- The Gathering On OUTLANDER!! Into The Dalek On DOCTOR WHO!! Monsters On BEWARE THE BATMAN!! SOLE CUSTODY On LIFETIME!! New INTRUDERS, POL, CHIMA, HILLBILLY, FLIPPING, WHEELS And OUTRAGEOUS ACTS OF SCIENCE!! Herc’s Saturday TV Talkback!! -- 6 total posts 1 post