Live in Chicago? Capone has seats for an advanced screening of THE PIRATES! BAND OF MISFITS, with director/Aardman Studios co-founder Peter Lord Q&A!!!
Hey everyone. Capone in Chicago here.
A couple years after I saw Pixar's groundbreaking computer-generated short LUXO JR., I was introduced to the hand-crafted claymation magic of Aardman Animations through the Oscar-winning CREATURES COMFORTS, and I've been slightly obsessed with the creations of Aardman ever since.
Aardman has been around since the early 1970s, with most of the world first discovered their genius thanks to a little music video you might have seen for Peter Gabriel's song "Sledgehammer." But before long years-in-the-making shorts featuring Wallace and Gromit began infiltrating our lives, followed in 2000 by Aardman's first feature, CHICKEN RUN, co-directed by Wallace and Gromit creator Nick Park and Aardman co-founder Peter Lord. Lord has also co-directed (with Jeff Newitt) Aardman latest stop-motion feature, THE PIRATES! BAND OF MISFITS, an inspiring action-adventure-comedy that I had a ton of fun watching recently.
And now for the good part. I have 50 reserved seats for an advanced screening of THE PIRATES! BAND OF MISFITS taking place on Wednesday, April 11 at 6:30pm (please note the early start time) at a theater in downtown Chicago (the exact location will only be given to winners). As an added bonus, we will have co-director and Aardman co-founder Peter Lord on hand for a post-screening Q&A. I had an opportunity to sit down with Lord at San Diego Comic-Con last year, and he was the sweetest, most enjoyable gentleman who was thrilled to share his decades of stories about the company has the films he had a hand in. I can't wait for you to meet him.
As if that weren't enough, the film will be preceded by a 40-minute Aardman Studios retrospective, that will include several shorts and the Wallace and Gromit tale THE WRONG TROUSERS. It's going to be so much fun. Here's how to win…
Send me an email at PiratesChicago@aintitcoolmail.com (please note the new email address) with the subject line "It's a Plunderful Life" (exactly like that). In the body of the email, I need your full Name, whether or not you're bringing Guests (you may bring one guest, but their name is not required), and and the answer to the following question: "What is your favorite Aardman Studios film (short or feature-length film), and why?" I need a title and an explanation as to why it's your favorite; the second part of that answer is more important than the first.
Although these seats are reserved, you must arrive no later than 6:15pm, or your seats will be given away. If you can't arrive early, don't enter this contest. If there's even the slightest chance you or your guest will have to back out of attending if you do win, don't enter. If you have a job that might make you late or unable to attend, or an ill/pregnant relative, or a temperamental significant other, or a scratchy throat, do not enter.
Good luck, everyone! And thanks to Columbia Pictures/Sony Pictures for giving us this very fun screening and bringing Peter Lord to Chicago.
-- Steve Prokopy
Follow Me On Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
April 5, 2012, 11:31 p.m. CST
by raging bullshitter
April 5, 2012, 11:33 p.m. CST
by raging bullshitter
so many people i wanna thank, my parents for always believing in me, my friends for always showing their support through the good times and the bad, and most importantly to AICN for making this all possible, thank you all and God bless
April 6, 2012, 12:41 a.m. CST
BTW, love your handle.
April 6, 2012, 3:18 a.m. CST
Was 'Pirates! In An Adventure With Scientists!' thought to be off-putting to Americans? After calling The Muppets communist, I can only imagine the reaction of Fox News to the idea that this godless family film features Charles Darwin.
April 6, 2012, 6:13 a.m. CST
by David Smith
but for the record, i dont. the think ya brains cant handle the original title of this movie even though it was more reletive to the movie.
April 6, 2012, 9:44 a.m. CST
Seeing as how it's..you know..a BAND of MISFITS. Thank you. I'll be here all week. Along with the zombie Jesus after he arises on Sunday.
April 6, 2012, 11:04 a.m. CST
by Wyrdy the Gerbil
the title was always going to be band of misfits in the USA all the early trailers i saw had that title on them so when i saw it in my local cinema i was surprised to see it called "an adventure with scientists " very funny film btw i laughed...many times
- Is this our first look at The Thing from Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR reboot!?! -- 75 total posts 60 posts
- "The walrus is far more evolved than any man I've ever known...present company included." Trailer for Kevin Smith's TUSK has arrived! -- 38 total posts 29 posts
- UPDATED! Has Marvel's DOCTOR STRANGE Casting Search Gone To Phoenix? -- 263 total posts 25 posts
- Footage of discarded concept art, interviews with Tim Burton and Kevin Smith, and Nicolas Cage in flight in this trailer for THE DEATH OF SUPERMAN LIVES! -- 113 total posts 17 posts
- Patrick Wilson drops out of ANT-MAN!! -- 100 total posts 12 posts
- SDCC '14: James Gunn to write and direct the GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY sequel!! -- 64 total posts 12 posts
- The Guy Who Directed CAPTAIN AMERICA And The Guys Who Directed CAPTAIN AMERICA II Are Directing Episodes Of Marvel’s New ABC Series AGENT CARTER!! -- 20 total posts 8 posts
- Two New AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic-Con Posters Reveal… -- 321 total posts 5 posts
- ‘You Have Failed This City!!’ When Atom Met ARROW!! 2.5 Minutes Of Season Three!! -- 4 total posts 4 posts
- Banner and stills showing Rupert Friend as HITMAN: AGENT 47! -- 28 total posts 4 posts