Live in Chicago? Capone has seats for an advanced screening of THE PIRATES! BAND OF MISFITS, with director/Aardman Studios co-founder Peter Lord Q&A!!!
Hey everyone. Capone in Chicago here.
A couple years after I saw Pixar's groundbreaking computer-generated short LUXO JR., I was introduced to the hand-crafted claymation magic of Aardman Animations through the Oscar-winning CREATURES COMFORTS, and I've been slightly obsessed with the creations of Aardman ever since.
Aardman has been around since the early 1970s, with most of the world first discovered their genius thanks to a little music video you might have seen for Peter Gabriel's song "Sledgehammer." But before long years-in-the-making shorts featuring Wallace and Gromit began infiltrating our lives, followed in 2000 by Aardman's first feature, CHICKEN RUN, co-directed by Wallace and Gromit creator Nick Park and Aardman co-founder Peter Lord. Lord has also co-directed (with Jeff Newitt) Aardman latest stop-motion feature, THE PIRATES! BAND OF MISFITS, an inspiring action-adventure-comedy that I had a ton of fun watching recently.
And now for the good part. I have 50 reserved seats for an advanced screening of THE PIRATES! BAND OF MISFITS taking place on Wednesday, April 11 at 6:30pm (please note the early start time) at a theater in downtown Chicago (the exact location will only be given to winners). As an added bonus, we will have co-director and Aardman co-founder Peter Lord on hand for a post-screening Q&A. I had an opportunity to sit down with Lord at San Diego Comic-Con last year, and he was the sweetest, most enjoyable gentleman who was thrilled to share his decades of stories about the company has the films he had a hand in. I can't wait for you to meet him.
As if that weren't enough, the film will be preceded by a 40-minute Aardman Studios retrospective, that will include several shorts and the Wallace and Gromit tale THE WRONG TROUSERS. It's going to be so much fun. Here's how to win…
Send me an email at PiratesChicago@aintitcoolmail.com (please note the new email address) with the subject line "It's a Plunderful Life" (exactly like that). In the body of the email, I need your full Name, whether or not you're bringing Guests (you may bring one guest, but their name is not required), and and the answer to the following question: "What is your favorite Aardman Studios film (short or feature-length film), and why?" I need a title and an explanation as to why it's your favorite; the second part of that answer is more important than the first.
Although these seats are reserved, you must arrive no later than 6:15pm, or your seats will be given away. If you can't arrive early, don't enter this contest. If there's even the slightest chance you or your guest will have to back out of attending if you do win, don't enter. If you have a job that might make you late or unable to attend, or an ill/pregnant relative, or a temperamental significant other, or a scratchy throat, do not enter.
Good luck, everyone! And thanks to Columbia Pictures/Sony Pictures for giving us this very fun screening and bringing Peter Lord to Chicago.
-- Steve Prokopy
Follow Me On Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
April 5, 2012, 11:31 p.m. CST
by raging bullshitter
April 5, 2012, 11:33 p.m. CST
by raging bullshitter
so many people i wanna thank, my parents for always believing in me, my friends for always showing their support through the good times and the bad, and most importantly to AICN for making this all possible, thank you all and God bless
April 6, 2012, 12:41 a.m. CST
BTW, love your handle.
April 6, 2012, 3:18 a.m. CST
Was 'Pirates! In An Adventure With Scientists!' thought to be off-putting to Americans? After calling The Muppets communist, I can only imagine the reaction of Fox News to the idea that this godless family film features Charles Darwin.
April 6, 2012, 6:13 a.m. CST
by David Smith
but for the record, i dont. the think ya brains cant handle the original title of this movie even though it was more reletive to the movie.
April 6, 2012, 9:44 a.m. CST
Seeing as how it's..you know..a BAND of MISFITS. Thank you. I'll be here all week. Along with the zombie Jesus after he arises on Sunday.
April 6, 2012, 11:04 a.m. CST
by Wyrdy the Gerbil
the title was always going to be band of misfits in the USA all the early trailers i saw had that title on them so when i saw it in my local cinema i was surprised to see it called "an adventure with scientists " very funny film btw i laughed...many times
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 398 total posts 241 posts
- DOCTOR WHO 8.2!! ‘Kelvington’ Reviews This Weekend’s Episode And Says He’s Not Sure He Enjoys ‘What The Show Is Becoming’!! -- 169 total posts 128 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 140 total posts 54 posts
- Amazon To Bring Back Patrick Warburton As Ben Edlund’s TICK?? -- 24 total posts 24 posts
- The Fellows Behind The Big-Screen JUMP STREET (And THE LEGO MOVIE And CLONE HIGH) Plan To Reboot Another Steven J. Cannell Series: THE GREATEST AMERICAN HERO!! -- 61 total posts 24 posts
- Capone says AS ABOVE/SO BELOW uses a chilling location to terrifying effect!!! -- 46 total posts 20 posts
- Is this what Doctor Doom looks like in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 302 total posts 20 posts
- Will there be a change of roster in Avengers: Age of Ultron and if so, who's gonna be on it? -- 288 total posts 18 posts
- Scream and Shout: Quint is inspired by Guardians of the Galaxy to revisit BATTLE BEYOND THE STARS (1980)! -- 192 total posts 6 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of Fox's Batman-Free GOTHAM, Woody’s MAGIC IN THE MOONLIGHT, The Final Season Of BOARDWALK EMPIRE, And The Latest MARVEL, DC, STAR WARS & STAR TREK News!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 6 total posts 6 posts