The Trailer For HOUSE AT THE END OF THE STREET Is Ass-Backwards!!
The Kidd here...
Ass-backwards here isn't meant to be an insult... it's just the way it is as Relativity's first trailer for HOUSE AT THE END OF THE STREET elects to show you moments from towards the end of the movie first and then build back to the beginning.
MTV debuted the trailer today, and I'm not really sure what benefit a trailer like this has, unless it's purposely trying to confuse the intended audience. This isn't going the MEMENTO route of working backwards, so how is this really selling a linear thriller?
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
March 29, 2012, 6:27 p.m. CST
March 29, 2012, 6:32 p.m. CST
by Not The Messiah
That is all.
March 29, 2012, 6:33 p.m. CST
March 29, 2012, 6:35 p.m. CST
by Secret Agent
It boggles the mind.
March 29, 2012, 6:42 p.m. CST
unless they have a blond guy called Leonard who always talks about Sammy Jenkis.
March 29, 2012, 6:45 p.m. CST
March 29, 2012, 6:46 p.m. CST
March 29, 2012, 6:48 p.m. CST
acting ability being wasted in a run-of-the-mill horror movie. Is this just a quota that needs to be filled by all up and coming stars?
March 29, 2012, 6:52 p.m. CST
...they've got some nerve picking and choosing which prepositions to leave out of their hashtag abbreviations. This movie will probably suck but I will wait for a new poster to be released before making a final and incontestable judgment.
March 29, 2012, 7 p.m. CST
Having said that, i'd go down on Elizabeth Shue or Jennifer Lawrence for several hours.
March 29, 2012, 7:01 p.m. CST
by dr sauch
Elizabeth Shue is the sister. You see her with dark hair at one point, and the killer is a girl with dark hair. Lawrence, your movie made 200 million. You do NOT gotta eat. Why are you making this shit?
March 29, 2012, 7:04 p.m. CST
by D o o d
and I mean that in a bad way!
March 29, 2012, 7:05 p.m. CST
March 29, 2012, 7:39 p.m. CST
She's sooooooooooooo fucking sexy, and yet, at the same time in the least sexiest way, in all of Hollywood. If that makes sense (I'm plenty aware it probably doesn't lol but fuck it, I'm just far more higher minded thinkers than the rest of you lol)<br> <br> I mean, for as should as she so is, there's still an uncanny level of maturity come from her and that she's so totally the anti-hottie actress. Dare I say it... yes, dare I say it... (not on straight equivalent looks, mind you, obviously) There's something downright Grace Kelly-esque about her.
March 29, 2012, 7:40 p.m. CST
2nd para should read "I mean, for as *YOUNG* as she still is, there's still an uncanny level... etc"
March 29, 2012, 7:43 p.m. CST
Yea, I'm saying very unlikely that that way this is "mysteriously" cut together with all these rewind plays of mini scenes, that that will have a genuine, satisfying payoff with whatever the big bad ending of this movie will be.
March 29, 2012, 7:49 p.m. CST
March 29, 2012, 7:58 p.m. CST
by Kid Dynamite
That trailer looks like complete shit but then again so was Cabin In The Woods...
March 29, 2012, 8:04 p.m. CST
by Tony fucknuts
Its MTV. So it won't have to try particularly hard.
March 29, 2012, 8:16 p.m. CST
March 29, 2012, 9:54 p.m. CST
March 29, 2012, 10:27 p.m. CST
by Killdozers Evil Twin Brother
I think she did this movie a while ago, was shelved, then marketed based on her new popularity. Not 100% certain about that, but I've read it in at least two other places.
March 29, 2012, 10:39 p.m. CST
March 29, 2012, 11:35 p.m. CST
Sweaty Jennifer Lawrence in a white tank top. That's why it's at the beginning.
March 30, 2012, 1:02 a.m. CST
.played so is idea story backwards The
March 30, 2012, 1:30 a.m. CST
by Optimus Prime
And we would have some Adventures. Let me tell you.
March 30, 2012, 2:30 a.m. CST
here's the trailer on youtube for those of us who aren't one of mtv's preferred viewers. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Xd2ceHDd-g
March 30, 2012, 3:59 a.m. CST
by raging bullshitter
My dream girl ever since I saw The Karate Kid. Glad she is getting back into some more recognizable flicks.
March 30, 2012, 4:20 a.m. CST
March 30, 2012, 5:21 a.m. CST
by Kill List Hammertime
Will watch it.
March 30, 2012, 7:23 a.m. CST
by Justin Hess
Jennifer Lawrence and Elizabeth Shue are living in a horrible house beset with all kinds of horrible things. People run around, lamps fall over and children leap out of the pool. She thinks the guy next door is responsible for something or other but shags him anyway. Eventually they come to terms with living their wretched home and come to love it
March 30, 2012, 7:48 a.m. CST
I'm not sure who studios put in charge of marketing anymore but yeah that was a poor choice.
March 30, 2012, 10:29 a.m. CST
"What would you do, if the house you lived in.......had staircases everywhere......" *Jennifer running up stairs." *Jennifer running down stairs." "What if you had to run up and down those STAIRCASES for HOURS...AT...A..TIME..." *Jennifer running up stairs." *Jennifer running down stairs." 55M opening weekend.
March 30, 2012, 10:36 a.m. CST
March 30, 2012, 11:46 a.m. CST
Getting a Career Opportunities white tank top vibe here.
March 30, 2012, 12:20 p.m. CST
- Fox has hired a pair of writers to get a FLASH GORDON movie off the ground! -- 222 total posts 143 posts
- Today's STAR WARS: EPISODE VII Status Report: Casting "Almost Complete", Second Unit Shooting Underway! -- 310 total posts 54 posts
- IT'S A SMALL WORLD: THE MOVIE directed by Jon Turteltaub is a real thing Disney wants to make! -- 65 total posts 45 posts
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 291 total posts 43 posts
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 386 total posts 29 posts
- ‘So Who Wants To Go First??’ Amy Acker Is The Cellist In Joss Whedon’s AGENTS OF SHIELD!! ELSEWHERE & ER On PIONEERS OF TELEVISION!! New AWKWARD, SWAP, BOY, STORAGE, SCHUMER, TOSH, GLEE, FIRE, MINDY, DUSK, ORIGINALS, SUPERNATURAL, FARGO, FISHER & VOICE!! CONTAINER Finale!! Don Rickles On KIMMEL!! Natalie Dormer On SETH!! Stephen Colbert On LETTERMAN!! Elizabeth Warren On THE DAILY SHOW!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 152 total posts 24 posts
Learn What’s Ahead
For GAME OF THRONES!! -- 41 total posts 19 posts
- 4th Week of April 2014's PICKS & PEEKS: SORCERER, GET CARTER, PAWNBROKER, Slasher horror & more!!! -- 128 total posts 17 posts
- A thief will elude capture using interstellar teleportation in Doug Liman's RAILHEAD! -- 25 total posts 15 posts
- Tina Fey and Amy Poehler's THE NEST is now set to take on Luke Skywalker and friends in December 2015! -- 34 total posts 12 posts