Learn Which Late Night Star
Will Host The Next EMMYS!!
Jimmy Kimmel will host the 64th primetime Emmys, ABC announced Monday.
It’s the first time hosting the Emmys for Kimmel. Prior late-nighters who have hosted the ceremony include Jimmy Fallon, Conan O’Brien, Jay Leno and David Letterman.
Other recent hosts include Jane Lynch, Neil Patrick Harris, Ryan Seacrest, Ellen DeGeneres, and Gary Shandling.
The "Man Show" co-creator and star will celebrate his 10th year hosting "Jimmy Kimmel Live" next January.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
March 26, 2012, 3:31 p.m. CST
As far as Emmy hosts go.
March 26, 2012, 3:32 p.m. CST
by ryan tubridy... just as long as he is gone from ireland. dont care..
March 26, 2012, 3:44 p.m. CST
there's a reason he can get the hottest actresses to do the 'Hottie Body' skits and the top Hollywood stars to appear in his 'Movie: The Movie' bit the guy is funny and likable...Conan is likable but not consistently funny...he needs to go back to writing Simpsons episodes
March 26, 2012, 3:47 p.m. CST
March 26, 2012, 3:51 p.m. CST
March 26, 2012, 3:54 p.m. CST
hate that cross-eyed idiot. christ, what passes for humor these days.
March 26, 2012, 3:58 p.m. CST
Kimmel's alright though.
March 26, 2012, 4:02 p.m. CST
by Richard Cranium
I'd have to think that Ferguson would be fantastic at this sort of thing.
March 26, 2012, 4:32 p.m. CST
It's on ABC after all. Who else would they get? Eva Longoria?
March 26, 2012, 4:37 p.m. CST
I always look forward to Don Rickles as a guest on Jimmy Kimmel.
March 26, 2012, 4:55 p.m. CST
all Kimmel does is promote ABC shows. I have no idea how he's so popular. The fact that even talks to that douchebag Adam Corrolla is a reason not to watch him.
March 26, 2012, 4:58 p.m. CST
by Andrew Coleman
Never have liked Kimmel. He gets big ratings because he calls in actually famous friends to do online skits with him. Watch his show and he's really not funny at all.
March 26, 2012, 5:35 p.m. CST
There's just something about the guy that oozes smarm.
March 26, 2012, 6:10 p.m. CST
Probably has the best-written and executed monologue of all the hosts.
March 26, 2012, 6:38 p.m. CST
...as long as he was forced to leave that robot skeleton back on the CBS lot. Geoff's introduction coincided with Ferguson's show taking a nose-dive in quality.
March 26, 2012, 6:48 p.m. CST
by Bass Ackwards
It does seem of the guys around, Kimmel is the only one who has skits that consistently (and I hate having to use this phrase, but can't think of one more appropriate) go viral. I agree with titus05 above that he's underrated. Ferguson is great too, but the highlight of his shows are consistently his interviews, which, of the late night crew, he is easily the best at. I don't know if just putting him out there as a host where he has to adhere to the Emmy's time constraints and format would suit him, he's definitely a bit more free form and loose. And after years of completely hating Fallon and thinking him a tool, I've even warmed up to him.
March 26, 2012, 7:34 p.m. CST
This fuck has NO personality. About as funny as cancer surgery.
March 26, 2012, 7:35 p.m. CST
Professes no knowledge on any subject. Let Conan do everything while the others fuck off. Ferguson is not bad.
March 26, 2012, 7:35 p.m. CST
by Truxton Spangler
I only DVR the late night talk shows now, and only if there's someone interesting on. I'll watch Kimmel's opening stuff now and again, but FF through everyone else. Ferguson was good at one point, but his show has devolved into constant silliness, including the interviews, which is unfortunate. A wink, nudge, and shit-eating grin can only go so far, and the only comic note he can strike now involves sexual innuendo, which I don't necessarily object to, but it's become tiresome. Fallon's OK, but I think he still needs to improve his interview skills.
March 26, 2012, 7:36 p.m. CST
Not anymore- Kimmel for a sweep!
March 26, 2012, 7:40 p.m. CST
Just looking at the list of former hosts. Looked like it was a requirement like having a Union card.
March 26, 2012, 7:47 p.m. CST
I'd watch a Kimmel after the show special if he managed to do one, though.
March 26, 2012, 8:19 p.m. CST
March 26, 2012, 8:59 p.m. CST
Oh that guy. Well, he did fuck Sarah Silverman even though it was just so she....well he did fuck Sarah Silverman.
March 26, 2012, 9 p.m. CST
When will the man get some recognition for having a late night show 10 times better than any of the competition? With a 10th of the budget and C list guests?
March 26, 2012, 9:01 p.m. CST
I like Kimmel, he's hilarious much of the time.
March 26, 2012, 9:14 p.m. CST
He should bring the Ace Man into the show somehow.
March 26, 2012, 10:31 p.m. CST
by angry kitty
I knew that crazy kid was destined for greatness. Good for him, he deserves it
March 27, 2012, 10:47 a.m. CST
March 27, 2012, 11:46 a.m. CST
However, when it is CBS' turn again, Ferguson should be first in line
March 29, 2012, 5:54 p.m. CST
Jimmy Kimmel? Meh.
- Fox has hired a pair of writers to get a FLASH GORDON movie off the ground! -- 313 total posts 234 posts
- Today's STAR WARS: EPISODE VII Status Report: Casting "Almost Complete", Second Unit Shooting Underway! -- 333 total posts 77 posts
- IT'S A SMALL WORLD: THE MOVIE directed by Jon Turteltaub is a real thing Disney wants to make! -- 86 total posts 66 posts
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 311 total posts 63 posts
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 416 total posts 59 posts
- BARBIE. The Movie. -- 48 total posts 48 posts
- ‘So Who Wants To Go First??’ Amy Acker Is The Cellist In Joss Whedon’s AGENTS OF SHIELD!! ELSEWHERE & ER On PIONEERS OF TELEVISION!! New AWKWARD, SWAP, BOY, STORAGE, SCHUMER, TOSH, GLEE, FIRE, MINDY, DUSK, ORIGINALS, SUPERNATURAL, FARGO, FISHER & VOICE!! CONTAINER Finale!! Don Rickles On KIMMEL!! Natalie Dormer On SETH!! Stephen Colbert On LETTERMAN!! Elizabeth Warren On THE DAILY SHOW!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 168 total posts 40 posts
- Robert Downey Jr. seems to be tweeting a picture a day from the set of Avengers: Age of Ultron... -- 39 total posts 39 posts
Learn What’s Ahead
For GAME OF THRONES!! -- 60 total posts 38 posts
- The First Official BTS Shots From JURASSIC WORLD Are Here!! -- 28 total posts 28 posts