Learn Which Late Night Star
Will Host The Next EMMYS!!
Jimmy Kimmel will host the 64th primetime Emmys, ABC announced Monday.
It’s the first time hosting the Emmys for Kimmel. Prior late-nighters who have hosted the ceremony include Jimmy Fallon, Conan O’Brien, Jay Leno and David Letterman.
Other recent hosts include Jane Lynch, Neil Patrick Harris, Ryan Seacrest, Ellen DeGeneres, and Gary Shandling.
The "Man Show" co-creator and star will celebrate his 10th year hosting "Jimmy Kimmel Live" next January.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
March 26, 2012, 3:31 p.m. CST
As far as Emmy hosts go.
March 26, 2012, 3:32 p.m. CST
by ryan tubridy... just as long as he is gone from ireland. dont care..
March 26, 2012, 3:44 p.m. CST
there's a reason he can get the hottest actresses to do the 'Hottie Body' skits and the top Hollywood stars to appear in his 'Movie: The Movie' bit the guy is funny and likable...Conan is likable but not consistently funny...he needs to go back to writing Simpsons episodes
March 26, 2012, 3:47 p.m. CST
March 26, 2012, 3:51 p.m. CST
March 26, 2012, 3:54 p.m. CST
hate that cross-eyed idiot. christ, what passes for humor these days.
March 26, 2012, 3:58 p.m. CST
Kimmel's alright though.
March 26, 2012, 4:02 p.m. CST
by Richard Cranium
I'd have to think that Ferguson would be fantastic at this sort of thing.
March 26, 2012, 4:32 p.m. CST
It's on ABC after all. Who else would they get? Eva Longoria?
March 26, 2012, 4:37 p.m. CST
I always look forward to Don Rickles as a guest on Jimmy Kimmel.
March 26, 2012, 4:55 p.m. CST
all Kimmel does is promote ABC shows. I have no idea how he's so popular. The fact that even talks to that douchebag Adam Corrolla is a reason not to watch him.
March 26, 2012, 4:58 p.m. CST
by Andrew Coleman
Never have liked Kimmel. He gets big ratings because he calls in actually famous friends to do online skits with him. Watch his show and he's really not funny at all.
March 26, 2012, 5:35 p.m. CST
There's just something about the guy that oozes smarm.
March 26, 2012, 6:10 p.m. CST
Probably has the best-written and executed monologue of all the hosts.
March 26, 2012, 6:38 p.m. CST
...as long as he was forced to leave that robot skeleton back on the CBS lot. Geoff's introduction coincided with Ferguson's show taking a nose-dive in quality.
March 26, 2012, 6:48 p.m. CST
by Bass Ackwards
It does seem of the guys around, Kimmel is the only one who has skits that consistently (and I hate having to use this phrase, but can't think of one more appropriate) go viral. I agree with titus05 above that he's underrated. Ferguson is great too, but the highlight of his shows are consistently his interviews, which, of the late night crew, he is easily the best at. I don't know if just putting him out there as a host where he has to adhere to the Emmy's time constraints and format would suit him, he's definitely a bit more free form and loose. And after years of completely hating Fallon and thinking him a tool, I've even warmed up to him.
March 26, 2012, 7:34 p.m. CST
This fuck has NO personality. About as funny as cancer surgery.
March 26, 2012, 7:35 p.m. CST
Professes no knowledge on any subject. Let Conan do everything while the others fuck off. Ferguson is not bad.
March 26, 2012, 7:35 p.m. CST
by Truxton Spangler
I only DVR the late night talk shows now, and only if there's someone interesting on. I'll watch Kimmel's opening stuff now and again, but FF through everyone else. Ferguson was good at one point, but his show has devolved into constant silliness, including the interviews, which is unfortunate. A wink, nudge, and shit-eating grin can only go so far, and the only comic note he can strike now involves sexual innuendo, which I don't necessarily object to, but it's become tiresome. Fallon's OK, but I think he still needs to improve his interview skills.
March 26, 2012, 7:36 p.m. CST
Not anymore- Kimmel for a sweep!
March 26, 2012, 7:40 p.m. CST
Just looking at the list of former hosts. Looked like it was a requirement like having a Union card.
March 26, 2012, 7:47 p.m. CST
I'd watch a Kimmel after the show special if he managed to do one, though.
March 26, 2012, 8:19 p.m. CST
March 26, 2012, 8:59 p.m. CST
Oh that guy. Well, he did fuck Sarah Silverman even though it was just so she....well he did fuck Sarah Silverman.
March 26, 2012, 9 p.m. CST
When will the man get some recognition for having a late night show 10 times better than any of the competition? With a 10th of the budget and C list guests?
March 26, 2012, 9:01 p.m. CST
I like Kimmel, he's hilarious much of the time.
March 26, 2012, 9:14 p.m. CST
He should bring the Ace Man into the show somehow.
March 26, 2012, 10:31 p.m. CST
by angry kitty
I knew that crazy kid was destined for greatness. Good for him, he deserves it
March 27, 2012, 10:47 a.m. CST
March 27, 2012, 11:46 a.m. CST
However, when it is CBS' turn again, Ferguson should be first in line
March 29, 2012, 5:54 p.m. CST
Jimmy Kimmel? Meh.
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 117 total posts 117 posts
- All 13 Season-Six Episodes Of CLONE WARS Land On Netflix!! Joan Jett On LETTERMAN!! Kenan Thompson On MEYERS!! TRAIN YOUR DRAGON On FX DOWNLOAD!! New HANNIBAL, FIVE-0, GRIMM, BLOODS, LAST MAN, NEIGHBORS, ELISTED, HOPE, BANSHEE, TREEHOUSE, GOLD & SMACKDOWN!! Herc’s Friday TV Talkback!! -- 83 total posts 49 posts
- Darker ZORRO Reboot Finds its Writer! -- 250 total posts 46 posts
- Learn What Happens Next On HBO’s GAME OF THRONES!! -- 117 total posts 41 posts
- Fox Renews For Next Season THE MINDY PROJECT, THE FOLLOWING, BROOKLYN NINE-NINE And NEW GIRL!! -- 50 total posts 33 posts
- Quint eats up Jon Favreau's CHEF, opening night flick of SXSW 2014! -- 27 total posts 27 posts
- Lena Dunham Hosts SNL!! Sagan COSMOS Marathon On NGC!! New UNIVERSE, OUTRAGEOUS ACTS OF SCIENCE & BLACK SAILS!! SWAMP PAWN, RAISING WHITLEY, SCORNED, COPS & CRAZY HEARTS Finales!! Hallmark’s A RING BY SPRING!! Lifetime’s A TRIP TO BOUNTIFUL!! Herc’s Saturday TV Talkback!! -- 20 total posts 20 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Chats Up BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER / ED WOOD Icon (And Hollywood Royalty) Juliet Landau!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 10pm PT / Sunday 1am ET!! -- 20 total posts 20 posts
- Karen Gillan has Night Terrors in this First OCULUS Clip! -- 19 total posts 19 posts
- Nordling Reviews THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL! -- 102 total posts 17 posts