Here's A Behind-The-Scenes Look At COMIC-CON EPISODE IV: A FAN'S HOPE!
So bummed I missed this at Fantastic Fest, and since it doesn't look like it's screening here in Houston I'll probably have to wait until the VOD release to see it, and my boss is in the thing! I think documentaries like this, and WE ARE LEGION: THE STORY OF THE HACKTIVISTS show aspects of our modern world that don't always get the light of day shone upon them, and I'm really wanting to see this one badly. Here's a behind-the-scenes look at COMIC-CON EPISODE IV: A FAN'S HOPE!
COMIC-CON EPISODE IV: A FAN'S HOPE comes to VOD on April 6th.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
March 24, 2012, 8:26 a.m. CST
..any chance of a reminder when it's on the torrents?
March 24, 2012, 8:27 a.m. CST
I've been waiting to see this.
March 24, 2012, 8:31 a.m. CST
Good lord, man. Check the torrents yourself. Since when has this site announced when stuff illegally showed up online?
March 24, 2012, 10:37 a.m. CST
what a bunch of losers
March 24, 2012, 10:45 a.m. CST
That's just gross. A DP should be anything but coordinated.
March 24, 2012, 11:09 a.m. CST
When you watch this, never forget that these are adults doing this. Adults.
March 24, 2012, 11:59 a.m. CST
I'm sick of all this "Nerdist podcast network" type shit that seeks to bring all esoteric nerdy interest under one roof. This is why I haven't been to a comic con in almost 20 years... Also sick of "geek" label being some proud label that everyone's desperate to ascribe to themselves. Your interests don't make you a fucking geek. Your social skills do.
March 24, 2012, 12:36 p.m. CST
March 24, 2012, 12:48 p.m. CST
by Talkbacker with no name
"esoteric nerdy interest under one roof"? hmm sounds a lot like AICN to me. The only difference between you and the people in this doc, is they are behind a costume character with a dumb name and you are behind a computer screen with an even dumber one, arsehole.
March 24, 2012, 12:53 p.m. CST
It'll be epic!!! Can't wait for this doc too!!!
March 24, 2012, 12:55 p.m. CST
Go read a top 10 list and eat up whatever's #1 on Amazon you shallow cunt.
March 24, 2012, 2:57 p.m. CST
I don't know how they will make their money back with this though unless budget was very low. But I liked "Super Size Me"...good production values and Spurlock knows how to tell a story even though some of it is BS at times. But I would watch this just not at the theater...not sure if I would pay to watch on VOD either but probably entertaining and interesting.
March 24, 2012, 3:50 p.m. CST
This documentary isn't even about nerd/geek culture or whatever the fuck you call it, it's about the event itself, which is a total geek fest by the way, there's probably only a handful of references to this made up culture but that's it. Did I also mention that Comic-con is run by corporate twats that like to purposely screw up their badge registration shit every year?
March 24, 2012, 4:51 p.m. CST
Hey cozycozy. American fans are losers? San Diego Comic-con is only the 4th largest IN THE WORLD. I guess France, Italy and Japan are even bigger losers, huh? And smaller shows take place in nearly every other civilized country on the planet. So what's th
by Missing Dink
March 24, 2012, 7:08 p.m. CST
Your shame is showing. May I suggest a cap, or a soothing salve?
March 24, 2012, 7:18 p.m. CST
Nice. Can't wait to see it. I've fallen for VOD. I always considered myself either a wait for DVD guy, wait for pay channel guy or TPB guy if I think it might be crap. (stopped that though long ago) NEVER thought I'd be paying for something like VOD, but the quality is outstanding now and the convenience/speed cannot be beat. Netflix is still great for documentaries though if you're willing to wait.
March 24, 2012, 7:34 p.m. CST
Many actually called him the coward of the county.
March 25, 2012, 8:46 a.m. CST
Give the Stormtroopers a REST! It's so easy apparently to dress up as one....be more creative. I was at Episode II Star Wars CON in Indianapolis, IN in 2002 and a guy wearing a Wookiee outfit on STILTS, he was a rock star that day....
March 26, 2012, 5:40 p.m. CST
Saying that AICN is included in the "all 'nerdy' things under one roof" trend supports my argument that this is not something to do. When I first started coming to AICN it was only about "cool" movies. It didn't even include TV back then.
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Chats Up BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER / ED WOOD Icon (And Hollywood Royalty) Juliet Landau!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 10pm PT / Sunday 1am ET!! -- 356 total posts 329 posts
- ‘He’s Worse Than Anybody!!’ Sunday Brings HBO’s Season Finale Of TRUE DETECTIVE!! -- 87 total posts 87 posts
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 210 total posts 81 posts
- ‘We Got Six Bullets!!’ Sunday Brings WALKING DEAD 4.13!! -- 55 total posts 55 posts
- Darker ZORRO Reboot Finds its Writer! -- 297 total posts 44 posts
- TERMINATOR: GENESIS to be a sequel, reboot, and prequel all at the same time!?! -- 490 total posts 36 posts
- Hercules Says RESURRECTION Is Easily The Best Broadcast Pilot Of The 2013-14 Season And ABC’s Best Pilot In Years!! -- 36 total posts 36 posts
- Nordling's Day One Of SXSW 2014 - THE DESERT And PREMATURE! -- 26 total posts 19 posts
- Quint eats up Jon Favreau's CHEF, opening night flick of SXSW 2014! -- 43 total posts 15 posts
- Fox Renews For Next Season THE MINDY PROJECT, THE FOLLOWING, BROOKLYN NINE-NINE And NEW GIRL!! -- 68 total posts 14 posts