AICN Toys: Diamond Select's AMAZING SPIDER-MAN, Big Chief Amy Pond (DOCTOR WHO), GOP Candidates, Plus Win A Batman Or Catwoman Costume!!
John Ary here with a quick look at a few action figure lines that are making headlines this week...
The Amazing Spider-Man from Diamond Select Toys
The new Spider-Man film will soon get the Minimate treatment. Each figure stands 2-inches tall and features 14 points of articulation. Expect to see two-packs featuring Peter Parker and Spider-Man, along with Battle-Damaged Spider-Man versus The Lizard. Toys R Us will also get the exclusive on Vigilante Spider-Man and Captain Stacy and Gwen Stacy and Dr. Curt Connors, while comic shops and specialty retailers will also sell Uncle Ben with a SWAT Officer and Aunt May with a SWAT Officer. These swing into action in June.
Snake Eyes and Timber from Sideshow Collectibles
This promo pic for the new Snake-Eyes and Timber set is about a third as powerful as the Mountain Three Wolf Moon shirt. It does tease a new 1/6 scale action figure for G.I. Joe’s top commando operative, but it will not give you the magical powers of the great wolf. Sideshow will release more information and pics about this two-pack next week.
Amy Pond from Big Chief Studios Ltd.
Back in October we showed you this new 12-inch figure of Matt Smith as the eleventh Doctor. Now Actress Karen Gillan gets the deluxe 1/6 scale figure treatment. She’ll come with a cloth costume, 6 interchangeable hands, a TARDIS floor base, phone, apple with a smiley face, invitation, and several other show specific items. Big Chief Studios has recently announced a new series of accessory packs for the Doctor, so we may also see Amy’s police uniform in the near future. Amelia Pond is available for pre-order here and should arrive in the states by October.
GOP Candidates from HeroBuilders.com
Relive the excitement of the latest CNN political debate with a new action figure of your favorite GOP personality. The figures of Mitt Romney, Newt Gingrich, and Michelle Bachman each feature multiple points of articulation and cloth costumes. You can even upgrade your Rick Santorum or Rick Perry to their deluxe talking versions for another 10 bucks. Pack in a playmate with your Herman Cain order for another $25. These are available to order here.
Movie Masters Alfred and Officer Blake from Mattel
MattyCollector.com has revealed more Batman movie figures. New sculpts of Michael Caine and Joseph Gordon-Levitt join Batman, Bane and Catwoman in the latest round of Movie Masters toys. Mattel has one more figure to add to the lineup, but they’re staying tight-lipped on that for now. Each figure in the line will come with a collect-and-connect piece of a projecting batsignal. We also got a new shot of the figures’ packaging. The first wave of figures should start shipping in April.
That leads to a special Batman themed giveaway this week. Our friends over at HalloweenCostumes.com are putting up for grabs either a Batman or a Catwoman outfit (up to a $55 value). All you have to do is caption this pic. I’ll post the best captions next week and let Ain’t It Cool readers vote on the best one. You have until Thursday, March 15 at 12:00pm (CST) to post your caption on Twitter using the hashtag #aicntoys. This contest is open to US residents only.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
March 11, 2012, 2:55 p.m. CST
March 11, 2012, 2:57 p.m. CST
March 11, 2012, 2:58 p.m. CST
Because, like, 'Grrr!'
March 11, 2012, 3:05 p.m. CST
March 11, 2012, 3:21 p.m. CST
March 11, 2012, 4 p.m. CST
and newt gingrich looks like he lost a lotta weight. and then got severely beat up.
March 11, 2012, 4:28 p.m. CST
by Brank Hud
This clown needs an enema!
March 11, 2012, 5:05 p.m. CST
March 11, 2012, 5:22 p.m. CST
I'm sure my crappy quote doesn't count because it's not on twitter, but I don't have a twitter account. I only have a shitter account and I'm making a deposit right now.
March 11, 2012, 5:42 p.m. CST
March 11, 2012, 5:45 p.m. CST
Now I can jizz on her face like I've alway wanted to!
March 11, 2012, 5:53 p.m. CST
March 11, 2012, 6:30 p.m. CST
by Queefer Sutherland
I want to look up that little skirt.
March 11, 2012, 7:38 p.m. CST
..like someone eventually says in every talkback? :)
March 11, 2012, 7:57 p.m. CST
Oh, and JGL is DEFINITELY the Joker.
March 12, 2012, 2:21 a.m. CST
But we'll wait for the DX line, thanks.
March 12, 2012, 4:11 a.m. CST
by The Outlander
It's like they took her actual face and put it on a life size doll. Freaky!
March 12, 2012, 4:53 a.m. CST
...time to rummage through mom's purse, guys!
March 12, 2012, 10:13 a.m. CST
by Brank Hud
if you buy this stuff you're a psycho.
March 12, 2012, 11:12 a.m. CST
It even has those curve-free Olive Oyl pipe-cleaner legs that the real one has!
March 12, 2012, 7:50 p.m. CST
by Aaron Lea
...or is it just me?
- After writing Gareth Edwards' STAR WARS flick, Gary Whitta will move on to Mark Millar's STARLIGHT! -- 183 total posts 27 posts
- DOCTOR WHO S08E05 ‘Time Heist’ Reader Reaction Begins Now!! + HornOrSilk’s ‘Domain Of The Voord’ Big Finish Audio Review, Synopses For Upcoming S8 Eps, And More!! UPDATE RE: UPCOMING UK TIME CHANGE!! -- 163 total posts 26 posts
- CBS, The Only Network Without A Superhero Show, Just Ordered To Series Berlanti’s SUPERGIRL!! -- 67 total posts 21 posts
- Capone says Kevin Smith's wonderfully grotesque TUSK falters when it tries too hard to be funny!!! -- 61 total posts 20 posts
- The GODZILLA Sequel Has A Writer!! -- 212 total posts 19 posts
- Papa Vinyard talks with Rose McGowan about her first project as a director and the DAWN Film Festival she's curating this week in downtown Los Angeles! -- 30 total posts 19 posts
- The Additions of Sam Elliott and DEADWOOD’s Garret Dillahunt Suggest That The Final Season Of JUSTIFIED Will Own Us All!! -- 31 total posts 12 posts
- Harry @ Fantastic Fest 2014: TUSK, REALITI, CUB, TALE OF PRINCESS KAGUYA, HIVE, MAN FROM RENO & FREE FALL! -- 11 total posts 11 posts
- Capone's Art-House Round-Up with THE DISAPPEARANCE OF ELEANOR RIGBY: THEM and Terry Gilliam's THE ZERO THEOREM!!! -- 24 total posts 10 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of Tomorrow's THE STRAIN, The Next HOMELAND, Fox’s GOTHAM, Showtime’s THE AFFAIR, ABC’s FOREVER, CBS’ SCORPION & MADAM SECRETARY, Scott Frank’s A WALK AMONG THE TOMBSTONES And The Latest MARVEL, DC & SNL News!! Plus The Return Of Horrorella!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 10pm PT / Sunday 1am ET!! -- 9 total posts 9 posts