A New CABIN IN THE WOODS Trailer!!
Not dissimilar to the first trailer we saw back in early December, but a slightly different take.
CABIN IN THE WOODS is from director Drew Goddard (a writer and producer on LOST, the writer of CLOVERFIELD), who scripted here as did Joss Whedon (who also produces). It's in theaters 13 April.
--- follow Merrick on Twitter ! ---
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
March 6, 2012, 4:30 p.m. CST
March 6, 2012, 4:30 p.m. CST
March 6, 2012, 4:34 p.m. CST
March 6, 2012, 4:39 p.m. CST
... for giving away the movie. I know, I know ... research shows that people like to go see what they're familiar with. But just because the U.S. is populated with idiots, doesn't mean you have to give away the main twist in both trailers. Douchebags.
March 6, 2012, 4:39 p.m. CST
Is it a coincidence that Dr Horrible was horrible to watch?
March 6, 2012, 4:42 p.m. CST
March 6, 2012, 4:43 p.m. CST
March 6, 2012, 4:47 p.m. CST
i've no need to see it now. well done.
March 6, 2012, 4:48 p.m. CST
honestly I don't often do this with movies I'm looking forward to, but I'm done looking at any trailers for this
I ain't going anywhere near that new trailer. I'm a little sorry I even bothered to look at the one from a couple months ago. Hell we're only a little over a month from this thing being everywhere, so...
March 6, 2012, 5:05 p.m. CST
March 6, 2012, 5:18 p.m. CST
Joss Whedon, Brett Ratner, the excitement for a film that was done 5 years ago, most talkbackers on this site, remake of 21 jump street, the excitement for Avengers Assemble, and why kFC chicken pies are so delicious.
March 6, 2012, 5:29 p.m. CST
The whole reason people were having kittens over this at the early screenings was the unveiling of the twist which is ruined within seconds in this trailer!
March 6, 2012, 6:01 p.m. CST
I once had an interest in seeing this; now I don't. Stupid John Carter trailers, and now this...
March 6, 2012, 6:13 p.m. CST
hollywood horror sucks.
March 6, 2012, 6:20 p.m. CST
I still snigger every time I hear it. It's sooo cheesy. The whole movie looks just as dumb. Yeah, i know all about the "twist" ending. I have to say, it's just as bad as an M. Night Shamalamadingdong "twist" ending. If not worse. As terrible as the Evil Dead remake is sounding, this thankfully wasn't it. That would have just made me mad.
March 6, 2012, 7:34 p.m. CST
by la te ral us
from what i've read, thats not the case
March 6, 2012, 7:44 p.m. CST
The "twist" that people are complaining that the trailer reveals – ie a secret government agency using technology to kill teenagers in a cabin – is revealed in the opening of the film. It's not a twist - it's the set-up.</p> </p> I just love reading the know-it-alls claiming they know what it's all about, when patently, they don't.
March 6, 2012, 8:06 p.m. CST
I read the script, there is NO twist in the movie. there are surprises, but there isnt anything in it that changes the entire aspect of the film (ie Usual Suspects or Sixth Sense) so, I repeat, no twists... ps: there is a twist... buffy shows up at the end...
March 6, 2012, 9:03 p.m. CST
The twist hasn't been spoiled. It's a good one.
March 6, 2012, 9:29 p.m. CST
Spoilers obviously. The end of the movie is the hot girl and stoner guy descending in an elevator, which is seen in the trailer, to a warehouse kind of thing where every possible monster/threatening thing is kept. What the kids in the cabin do decides which monster they will get. The kids in this case get zombie-ish former house residents. And yes, the whole thing is put on as a sacrifice/entertainment for super old underground gods, that are never seen unless the script changed. Once the girl and guy are down there they accidentally release all the monsters and they run amock killing security guards and stuff. At one point a unicorn impales a guy. I think reading the script actually made me more excited for this, because the ending should be pretty nuts.
March 6, 2012, 10:34 p.m. CST
...when it was supposedly cancelled. Everything in the trailers so far corresponds at least vaguely to what I remember in the script. No reason to assume there have been massive changes. And no, the cat isn't out of the bag. The trailer barely spoils the first act.
March 7, 2012, 2 a.m. CST
by Adam Jones
Last trailer seemed to show too much. I ain't watching this one or any more. Want to be surprised when I go see this movie. Trailers should entice you to go, not show you the entire movie in a minute and a half. ********Spoiler Alert********** From the previous trailer, I still wish I didn't see that bird fly into the electronic wall in the woods or all those troops running around in commando gear and guns. ********Spoiler Alert********** Too much info to soon ruins the fun.
March 7, 2012, 7:18 a.m. CST
Needs more screaming teens and smug behind the scenes puppet masters.....All looks a bit 1998 for it to be anything but.....
....CLOWN SHOES!!! But at least Whedons working more at his level here.
March 7, 2012, 8:44 a.m. CST
March 7, 2012, 10:42 a.m. CST
A factory of death set up to kill people for the entertainment of ancient gods? So, basically, the screenwriter had just been watching 'The Greatest Show in the Galaxy', a Doctor Who story from the late '80s, when a flash of "inspiration" for a new script hit him out of nowhere?
- 1st wk of Sept 2014's PICKS & PEEKS with Universal Monsters, FIRESTARTER, Eco-Terrorism, swords & fantasy! -- 207 total posts 203 posts
- A Badass GAME OF THRONES Sword Guy Has Apparently Been Cast In STAR WARS EPISODE VII!! -- 152 total posts 152 posts
- This New Trailer For MONSTERS: DARK CONTINENT Is Looking Promising!! -- 115 total posts 115 posts
- See Luke Evans' Kinect Bats In This New DRACULA UNTOLD Trailer!! -- 109 total posts 109 posts
- BBC Issues DOCTOR WHO: ‘Robot of Sherwood’ Promo Images!! + DOCTOR WHO EXTRAs For ‘Deep Breath’ And ‘Into the Dalek’ Are Now On YouTube!! -- 65 total posts 65 posts
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 751 total posts 37 posts
- Russell Crowe and Ryan Gosling to bust some heads as Shane Black's NICE GUYS in July 2016! -- 31 total posts 31 posts
- New Red-Band Trailer For ABCs OF DEATH 2 Ain't Fucking Around! -- 30 total posts 30 posts
- Guillermo del Toro and Legendary Teaming Up with YouTube for Halloween Short Films Project! -- 26 total posts 26 posts
- The DRUNK HISTORY Finale!! HOUDINI Finale!! ROYAL PAINS Finale!! RIZZOLI & ISLES Finale!! HARD KNOCKS Finale!! New TALENT, CARTER, GEAR, LITTLE, LIARS, MATADOR, WIZARD!! The Chenbot On LETTERMAN!! Brienne Of Tarth On CRAIG!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 25 total posts 25 posts