More fun in Chicago! Want to see an advanced screening of THE RAID: REDEMPTION, with writer-director Gareth Evans Q&A? Capone has the details!!!
Hey everyone. Capone in Chicago here.
First off, the contest for JOHN CARTER is still open, but not for much longer. It haven't gone through the entries yet, but just based on the sheer number of responses, I'd say we already have more than enough to fill the screening. But I look at every single one, and the best answer get to come; that's true for every contest I do. But now, let's more from outer space adventures to ultra-violence tight spaces. The cold hard fact is, you have never seen a movie quite like THE RAID: REDEMPTION (the new title of THE RAID), and trust me, you want to. It is hardcore, shooting, hand-to-hand combat, martial arts of every kind, blood spraying, close-quarters action like you've been dying for.
The basic premise is an elite Indonesian SWAT team is attempting to infiltrate a 30-story apartment complex and get to the top floor where a crime lord is hiding. The team must go floor by floor to get to him, with each floor more dangerous than the one before. Almost the entire films is set in the confine of this building, and the tension rises as the claustrophobia sets in. It's phenomenal, and it stars Indonesian actors you've likely never heard of before, written and directed by Welsh-born Gareth Evans, maker of the martial arts epic MERANTAU. He's apparently about to start shooting BERANDAL, a sequel to THE RAID. And all three of these films star Edwards' favorite fighting star/fight choreographer Iko Uwais, who is also rumored to have signed to star in the reboot of MORTAL KOMBAT. Did I mention how badass this movie is?
I've got about half a theater to fill (about 100 reserved seasts) for an advanced screening of THE RAID: REDEMPTION on Tuesday, March 6 at 8pm (note the later start time) at a theater in downtown Chicago (the exact location will only be given to the winners). And as an added bonus, we've got writer-director Gareth Evans doing a post-screening Q&A with us. Here's how to win…
Send me an email at TheRaidChicago@aintitcoolmail.com (please note the new email address) with the subject line "30 Floors of Chaos!" (exactly like that). In the body of the email, I need your full Name, whether or not you are bringing a guest (winners may bring ONE GUEST), and the answer to the following question (read carefully): "What is the last great action movie you saw?" (because I'm betting THE RAID: REDEMPTION is better). I'm looking for a film title and the reason why it's your favorite. Keep your responses BRIEF--limit it to 75 words (no matter how tempted you are to go over the limit). People with the most interesting and original answers win. Winners will be notified over the weekend.
Although the AICN winners' seats will be reserved, you must arrive at least 15 minutes before showtime (meaning 7:45pm), or any empty seats will go to other pass holders, so we can have a full house for our guest. So you should arrive early to make sure you get in and get a good seat. If you can't arrive early, don't enter this contest. If there's even the slightest chance you or your guest will have to back out of attending if you do win, don't enter. If you have a job that might make you late or unable to attend, or an ill/pregnant relative, or a temperamental significant other, or a scratchy throat, do not enter.
Good luck, everyone! And thanks to Sony Pictures Classics for giving us this very fun screening and bringing Gareth Evans to Chicago.
-- Steve Prokopy
Follow Me On Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
March 2, 2012, 6:59 a.m. CST
Checked out Merantu trailer. Those were some crazy stunts.
March 2, 2012, 8:31 a.m. CST
by Andrew Quinsatt
Houston is going to have to wait longer...
March 2, 2012, 3:44 p.m. CST
Oh yeah, because they're not Delta Force operators
- Spoilery early review of MAN OF STEEL!! -- 370 total posts 338 posts
- Holy Crossover!! Magneto’s Boy Quicksilver To Speed About In Whedon’s AVENGERS 2 And Singer’s X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST?? -- 318 total posts 106 posts
- A review of Refn and Gosling's ONLY GOD FORGIVES, direct from Cannes!! -- 109 total posts 90 posts
- Tom Cruise Won’t Go Solo For MAN FROM UNCLE!! -- 78 total posts 78 posts
- The Friday Docback Revisits DOCTOR WHO Season 7!! A Fuller Review Of 'The Name of the Doctor,' And More!! -- 55 total posts 55 posts
- Harry dives into STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS' spoilers to reveal the truth behind the blockbuster we're seeing! -- 1462 total posts 55 posts
- Green-Band and Red-Band trailers for the new Jason Sudeikis & Jennifer Aniston VACATION ripoff, WE'RE THE MILLERS are here!! -- 146 total posts 54 posts
- Jon Stewart casts Gael Garcia Bernal for his directorial debut, ROSEWATER!! -- 44 total posts 42 posts
- John Ary's Video Review Of THE HANGOVER PART III!! -- 38 total posts 38 posts
- Ron Howard's latest trailer sure is a RUSH!!! -- 65 total posts 36 posts