Special SXSW Preview: EXTRACTED! Here's The Trailer!
Thanks to @varnado on Twitter for finding this. And this just turned into a must-see at the SXSW festival for me. Nice trailer, really nice trailer.
EXTRACTED plays Saturday, March 10th, 10:00 PM, Alamo Lamar C; Sunday, March 11th, 10:00 PM, Violet Crown; Tuesday, March 13th, 4:30 PM, Alamo Ritz; Thursday, March 15th, 9:45 PM, Violet Crown
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Feb. 26, 2012, 8:03 a.m. CST
The downside is that it's kind of an old Sci-Fi trope. There were numerous Star Trek episodes that dealt with entering another person's consciousness. From the trailer, I have to ask whether or not this concept deserved its own film or merely serves as an exercise for the director to demonstrate his work to potential employers. I know, I'm a cynic, but when I think "movie" I don't want to see something I've seen many times before, but rather something that makes full use of the medium vs. what I can get from the boob tube.
Feb. 26, 2012, 8:05 a.m. CST
Feb. 26, 2012, 8:06 a.m. CST
Again, this looks really good. Thx Nord. And anything with my fave Radiohead song in the trailer is doubly awesome.
Feb. 26, 2012, 8:10 a.m. CST
Feb. 26, 2012, 8:27 a.m. CST
by Napolean Solo
So am I.
Feb. 26, 2012, 8:27 a.m. CST
by Napolean Solo
BRING BACK CAPRICA!
Feb. 26, 2012, 8:56 a.m. CST
Feb. 26, 2012, 10:10 a.m. CST
This looks familiar ...
Feb. 26, 2012, 11:28 a.m. CST
Feb. 26, 2012, 11:50 a.m. CST
...give him a handjob at the class reunion.
Feb. 26, 2012, 11:53 a.m. CST
by Anthony Torchia
Jesus, the world looks more like the stories of Phillip K Dick each day Sure, he was nuts. All prophets are, it's because the truth is so damn crazy. Believe this or not, it happened last year. I saw a computer interface spontaneous manifest in a hypnotized guy's head, giving computer-accurate access to all his memories and personality traits. Not only the ability to read them, but also to erase them Terence McKenna suggests we as a species are about to go "pop". I think so too, but Christ Almighty, what is the weasel going to look like?
Feb. 26, 2012, 12:34 p.m. CST
The one where he gets stuck in his own machine and spends life in prison in the blink of an eye.
Feb. 26, 2012, 12:57 p.m. CST
by Darth Valinorean
This could be a REALLY good sci fi movie - something more than special effects and popcorn candy. I hope they deliver. Looking forward to this. The trailer was a bit too long and gave away a lot - a lot with the part where the prisoner calls the wife to say he spoke with the husband. That was not needed. Movies need to unfold of their volition - not a trailer spoonfeeding.
Feb. 26, 2012, 1:36 p.m. CST
But without kinky wanking or sexy visuals. Still, it's got to be better than 'The Cell 2', right?
Feb. 26, 2012, 2:09 p.m. CST
Feb. 26, 2012, 2:19 p.m. CST
by Cheif Brody
I'd like to get into Mila Kunis's pants...er....mind.
Feb. 26, 2012, 2:28 p.m. CST
Feb. 26, 2012, 3:16 p.m. CST
So its like the cell meets inception sort of. Was the dude who gets trapped in the mind, was that the guy from BSG and dollhouse
Feb. 26, 2012, 3:17 p.m. CST
...and the origin of the "jump to conclusions" mat.
Feb. 26, 2012, 4:05 p.m. CST
Exactly what I was thinking as well. This looks like a poor man's version of the two movies rolled into one.
Feb. 26, 2012, 5:01 p.m. CST
by the creeper
Feb. 26, 2012, 6:32 p.m. CST
Feb. 26, 2012, 7:18 p.m. CST
That's the vibe I got.
Feb. 26, 2012, 8:11 p.m. CST
For me personally, i didn't like Inception at all but this looks like it could be great. Bit of a Primer feel about it too.
Feb. 27, 2012, 8:31 a.m. CST
Starring Leonardo DeGyllenhaal.
Feb. 27, 2012, 12:14 p.m. CST
Feb. 27, 2012, 1:14 p.m. CST
Fucking christ, I hate it when that's as profound of an opinion as people have to offer.<P> "Ohh, there's a movie with a spaceship! It looks just like STAR WARS!!!" derp.<P> Fucking morons.
Feb. 29, 2012, 12:38 p.m. CST
by Joshua Luke
YOU JUMP! TO A CONCLUSION!
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 335 total posts 335 posts
- Robin Williams May Return As Mrs. Doubtfire! -- 212 total posts 163 posts
- Nordling Reviews TRANSCENDENCE! -- 143 total posts 143 posts
- Who wants to see one of GODZILLA's opponents from the new film!?! (In toy form) -- 298 total posts 138 posts
- Set photos from the set of STAR WARS EPISODE VII in Abu Dhabi?! What's that big round disc they're rolling around?? -- 267 total posts 108 posts
- The first trailer for Clint Eastwood's JERSEY BOYS is here! -- 67 total posts 67 posts
- Denzel Washington Walks In The Middle Of The Street In THE EQUALIZER Teaser Poster! -- 92 total posts 62 posts
- There's some cross-promotion going on in the credits of AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2, and it's not hinting at what you think! -- 102 total posts 57 posts
- Here’s A Poster And Trailer For THE ROVER - Guy Pearce In A Post Apocalyptic Hell Down Under!! -- 47 total posts 47 posts
- Re-Revised X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST Casting Re-Adds A Mutant!! -- 163 total posts 44 posts