SEEKING A FRIEND FOR THE END OF THE WORLD is something I'm very anxious to see!
Hey folks, Harry here...and suddenly I'm quite curious to see SEEKING A FRIEND FOR THE END OF THE WORLD, which is due to come out this summer. It's written & directed by first timer Lorene Scafaria, who wrote NICK AND NORAH'S INFINITE PLAYLIST - which was quite enjoyable. But here, we have what looks to be a romantic comedy about the end of the world - and about a moderate quest before the world just ceases.
I love that. A film about the acceptance of the end of the world, not the survival of it. That's a great message I feel. To accept the inevitable. Via one last stalking attempt of the girl you loved a long time ago with the sexiest tomboy beanpole around! I'm down for this. How about y'all? The cast has Steve Carell and Keira Knightley. It also has Rob Corddry & Patton Oswalt. The exquisite Melanie Lynskey and professional badass... William Petersen. Here's the trailer:
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Feb. 9, 2012, 8:14 p.m. CST
He's got a lot in the pike since he left the Office, it seems.
Feb. 9, 2012, 8:18 p.m. CST
the world won't really end during the film's climax?
Feb. 9, 2012, 8:21 p.m. CST
...ruined by bullshit cutesy execution.
Feb. 9, 2012, 8:22 p.m. CST
Feb. 9, 2012, 8:28 p.m. CST
Feb. 9, 2012, 8:38 p.m. CST
Feb. 9, 2012, 8:51 p.m. CST
by Margot Tenenbaum
When did the slimy dude from the Office morph into a romantic comedy lead? Gross and the plot of this is depressing as fuck.
Feb. 9, 2012, 8:53 p.m. CST
Will definitely see this, pretty interesting/unique.
Feb. 9, 2012, 8:53 p.m. CST
Feb. 9, 2012, 8:55 p.m. CST
Feb. 9, 2012, 9:02 p.m. CST
by Ron Ham
With Patton Oswalt playing Callum Keith Rennies part even.
Feb. 9, 2012, 9:05 p.m. CST
Mission accomplished, great trailer, mission accomplished.
Feb. 9, 2012, 9:11 p.m. CST
by Ron Ham
Feb. 9, 2012, 9:27 p.m. CST
-- but today it's asteroids. If this scenario ever played out in reality people would become out-of-contol animals in an instant. Luckily the "end of the world" will consist of all of us floating off into space so that won't happen.
Feb. 9, 2012, 9:28 p.m. CST
For those of you who hate Michael Cera and/or romantic comedies, Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist was better than it had any right to be. So I'm down. The one red flag for me is that Scafaria is directing herself, when Peter Sollett was just as responsible, if not more, for the success of her last film. But I guess we'll see soon enough.
Feb. 9, 2012, 9:58 p.m. CST
Well, since I'm the only guy...
Feb. 9, 2012, 10:25 p.m. CST
by Drew Kay
the title of this film is a line straight out of this song...
Feb. 10, 2012, 1:04 a.m. CST
hmm...fuck melancholia...this is last night, even many of the scenes in this trailer are straight out of last night let alone character types and such
Feb. 10, 2012, 4:29 a.m. CST
I've always wanted to see Last Night, but for me Don McKellar shares a rare distinction with Nicholas Cage - just seeing his face in a film irritates me.
Feb. 10, 2012, 4:52 a.m. CST
by Rebel Scumb
Toronto usually gets neglected in the end of the world/disaster type movies when we get to see big cities and famous landmarks blow up But thanks to Last Night we now have our own end of the world movie.
Feb. 10, 2012, 5:12 a.m. CST
I invited my girlfriend and another friend over to watch it with me. At the end of the movie they told me I was never allowed to pick the movie we watch again. Anyway, this looks fun.
Feb. 10, 2012, 5:43 a.m. CST
Now, if in the end the world still gets destroyed by the asteroid impact, this has a chance to be a really great movie.
So often what ruins a movie is pussyfooting and last minute chances that balk out and don't follow the concept to it's logical conclusion. Maybe this trailer only shows the funny stuff in the movie, and is leaving the rest away. The trailer intriged me. It could be good, if the filmmakers don't pussyfoot.
Feb. 10, 2012, 5:53 a.m. CST
So I'll go see it.
Feb. 10, 2012, 7:34 a.m. CST
Feb. 10, 2012, 7:41 a.m. CST
Ugh. So much fail it hurts.
Feb. 10, 2012, 7:53 a.m. CST
What is last night and who gave it to you? It's yours? Are they giving away points on the backend?
Feb. 10, 2012, 7:59 a.m. CST
by Nice Marmot
Feb. 10, 2012, 8:10 a.m. CST
by Norman Colson
Feb. 10, 2012, 8:11 a.m. CST
by Norman Colson
that's the right title, because that's all im gonna be doing, baby! lmao!
Feb. 10, 2012, 9:03 a.m. CST
kainrath: Hello! I know there's someone out there who can understand and who's feeling the same way as me.
I think about this song like once a month at least. Good to know I'm not the only one who immediately heard Cornell singing the title of the movie.
Feb. 10, 2012, 9:15 a.m. CST
http://youtu.be/CDhh3DfbiCo Please forgive the terrible video. I had no idea they ever made one. Basically ruins the song. Maybe just run it in another tab and listen.
Feb. 10, 2012, 10:24 a.m. CST
But I'm not gonna tell you what it is.
Feb. 10, 2012, 11:30 a.m. CST
a movie i might be able to suffer through? maybe this really is the end of days...
Feb. 10, 2012, 2:03 p.m. CST
thats whats gonna happen right?
Feb. 10, 2012, 3:42 p.m. CST
Wanted it to start with the President at the Oval Office, letting the people know that an extinction level event is on the way on that same day one year hence, that it will kill everyone, and that there is no stopping it. Giving everyone a year to live. Then having an array of people from different walks of life just spending their Last Year doing whatever. Divide it into Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter. Sell it to AMC.
Feb. 10, 2012, 5:34 p.m. CST
by The StarWolf
As one critic wrote, it's clear the race for this year's worst movie is going to be a very tight one.
Feb. 10, 2012, 10:23 p.m. CST
so Keira Knightley wouldn't look so anoxeric ?
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 110 total posts 110 posts
- All 13 Season-Six Episodes Of CLONE WARS Land On Netflix!! Joan Jett On LETTERMAN!! Kenan Thompson On MEYERS!! TRAIN YOUR DRAGON On FX DOWNLOAD!! New HANNIBAL, FIVE-0, GRIMM, BLOODS, LAST MAN, NEIGHBORS, ELISTED, HOPE, BANSHEE, TREEHOUSE, GOLD & SMACKDOWN!! Herc’s Friday TV Talkback!! -- 81 total posts 47 posts
- Darker ZORRO Reboot Finds its Writer! -- 245 total posts 41 posts
- Learn What Happens Next On HBO’s GAME OF THRONES!! -- 116 total posts 40 posts
- Fox Renews For Next Season THE MINDY PROJECT, THE FOLLOWING, BROOKLYN NINE-NINE And NEW GIRL!! -- 50 total posts 33 posts
- Quint eats up Jon Favreau's CHEF, opening night flick of SXSW 2014! -- 27 total posts 27 posts
- Lena Dunham Hosts SNL!! Sagan COSMOS Marathon On NGC!! New UNIVERSE, OUTRAGEOUS ACTS OF SCIENCE & BLACK SAILS!! SWAMP PAWN, RAISING WHITLEY, SCORNED, COPS & CRAZY HEARTS Finales!! Hallmark’s A RING BY SPRING!! Lifetime’s A TRIP TO BOUNTIFUL!! Herc’s Saturday TV Talkback!! -- 19 total posts 19 posts
- Karen Gillan has Night Terrors in this First OCULUS Clip! -- 19 total posts 19 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Chats Up BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER / ED WOOD Icon (And Hollywood Royalty) Juliet Landau!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 10pm PT / Sunday 1am ET!! -- 18 total posts 18 posts
- Nordling Reviews THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL! -- 102 total posts 17 posts