SEEKING A FRIEND FOR THE END OF THE WORLD is something I'm very anxious to see!
Hey folks, Harry here...and suddenly I'm quite curious to see SEEKING A FRIEND FOR THE END OF THE WORLD, which is due to come out this summer. It's written & directed by first timer Lorene Scafaria, who wrote NICK AND NORAH'S INFINITE PLAYLIST - which was quite enjoyable. But here, we have what looks to be a romantic comedy about the end of the world - and about a moderate quest before the world just ceases.
I love that. A film about the acceptance of the end of the world, not the survival of it. That's a great message I feel. To accept the inevitable. Via one last stalking attempt of the girl you loved a long time ago with the sexiest tomboy beanpole around! I'm down for this. How about y'all? The cast has Steve Carell and Keira Knightley. It also has Rob Corddry & Patton Oswalt. The exquisite Melanie Lynskey and professional badass... William Petersen. Here's the trailer:
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Feb. 9, 2012, 8:14 p.m. CST
He's got a lot in the pike since he left the Office, it seems.
Feb. 9, 2012, 8:18 p.m. CST
the world won't really end during the film's climax?
Feb. 9, 2012, 8:21 p.m. CST
...ruined by bullshit cutesy execution.
Feb. 9, 2012, 8:22 p.m. CST
Feb. 9, 2012, 8:28 p.m. CST
Feb. 9, 2012, 8:38 p.m. CST
Feb. 9, 2012, 8:51 p.m. CST
by Margot Tenenbaum
When did the slimy dude from the Office morph into a romantic comedy lead? Gross and the plot of this is depressing as fuck.
Feb. 9, 2012, 8:53 p.m. CST
Will definitely see this, pretty interesting/unique.
Feb. 9, 2012, 8:53 p.m. CST
Feb. 9, 2012, 8:55 p.m. CST
Feb. 9, 2012, 9:02 p.m. CST
by Ron Ham
With Patton Oswalt playing Callum Keith Rennies part even.
Feb. 9, 2012, 9:05 p.m. CST
Mission accomplished, great trailer, mission accomplished.
Feb. 9, 2012, 9:11 p.m. CST
by Ron Ham
Feb. 9, 2012, 9:27 p.m. CST
-- but today it's asteroids. If this scenario ever played out in reality people would become out-of-contol animals in an instant. Luckily the "end of the world" will consist of all of us floating off into space so that won't happen.
Feb. 9, 2012, 9:28 p.m. CST
For those of you who hate Michael Cera and/or romantic comedies, Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist was better than it had any right to be. So I'm down. The one red flag for me is that Scafaria is directing herself, when Peter Sollett was just as responsible, if not more, for the success of her last film. But I guess we'll see soon enough.
Feb. 9, 2012, 9:58 p.m. CST
Well, since I'm the only guy...
Feb. 9, 2012, 10:25 p.m. CST
by Drew Kay
the title of this film is a line straight out of this song...
Feb. 10, 2012, 1:04 a.m. CST
hmm...fuck melancholia...this is last night, even many of the scenes in this trailer are straight out of last night let alone character types and such
Feb. 10, 2012, 4:29 a.m. CST
I've always wanted to see Last Night, but for me Don McKellar shares a rare distinction with Nicholas Cage - just seeing his face in a film irritates me.
Feb. 10, 2012, 4:52 a.m. CST
by Rebel Scumb
Toronto usually gets neglected in the end of the world/disaster type movies when we get to see big cities and famous landmarks blow up But thanks to Last Night we now have our own end of the world movie.
Feb. 10, 2012, 5:12 a.m. CST
I invited my girlfriend and another friend over to watch it with me. At the end of the movie they told me I was never allowed to pick the movie we watch again. Anyway, this looks fun.
Feb. 10, 2012, 5:43 a.m. CST
Now, if in the end the world still gets destroyed by the asteroid impact, this has a chance to be a really great movie.
So often what ruins a movie is pussyfooting and last minute chances that balk out and don't follow the concept to it's logical conclusion. Maybe this trailer only shows the funny stuff in the movie, and is leaving the rest away. The trailer intriged me. It could be good, if the filmmakers don't pussyfoot.
Feb. 10, 2012, 5:53 a.m. CST
So I'll go see it.
Feb. 10, 2012, 7:34 a.m. CST
Feb. 10, 2012, 7:41 a.m. CST
Ugh. So much fail it hurts.
Feb. 10, 2012, 7:53 a.m. CST
What is last night and who gave it to you? It's yours? Are they giving away points on the backend?
Feb. 10, 2012, 7:59 a.m. CST
by Nice Marmot
Feb. 10, 2012, 8:10 a.m. CST
by Norman Colson
Feb. 10, 2012, 8:11 a.m. CST
by Norman Colson
that's the right title, because that's all im gonna be doing, baby! lmao!
Feb. 10, 2012, 9:03 a.m. CST
kainrath: Hello! I know there's someone out there who can understand and who's feeling the same way as me.
I think about this song like once a month at least. Good to know I'm not the only one who immediately heard Cornell singing the title of the movie.
Feb. 10, 2012, 9:15 a.m. CST
http://youtu.be/CDhh3DfbiCo Please forgive the terrible video. I had no idea they ever made one. Basically ruins the song. Maybe just run it in another tab and listen.
Feb. 10, 2012, 10:24 a.m. CST
But I'm not gonna tell you what it is.
Feb. 10, 2012, 11:30 a.m. CST
a movie i might be able to suffer through? maybe this really is the end of days...
Feb. 10, 2012, 2:03 p.m. CST
thats whats gonna happen right?
Feb. 10, 2012, 3:42 p.m. CST
Wanted it to start with the President at the Oval Office, letting the people know that an extinction level event is on the way on that same day one year hence, that it will kill everyone, and that there is no stopping it. Giving everyone a year to live. Then having an array of people from different walks of life just spending their Last Year doing whatever. Divide it into Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter. Sell it to AMC.
Feb. 10, 2012, 5:34 p.m. CST
by The StarWolf
As one critic wrote, it's clear the race for this year's worst movie is going to be a very tight one.
Feb. 10, 2012, 10:23 p.m. CST
so Keira Knightley wouldn't look so anoxeric ?
- The New Trailer For THE HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY PART 1 Hints That The Movie Is Freakin’ Huge!! -- 245 total posts 245 posts
- 2nd Sept 2014 PICKS & PEEKS Column: CAP 2, Pumpkinhead, Toho, Addams, Star Trek, Slashers, Comedy & Action+ -- 1682 total posts 157 posts
- Check out this MASSIVE new HOBBIT: BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES banner!! -- 127 total posts 127 posts
- Copernicus is really pissed about the Stephen Hawking biopic THE THEORY OF EVERYTHING that he saw at TIFF -- 98 total posts 98 posts
- A New Promo For STAR WARS REBELS Brings Action And Character Intros!! -- 66 total posts 66 posts
- Looks like they got the right Mann to play Audrey Griswald in the VACATION update! -- 62 total posts 62 posts
- Here come a remake that will really make you feel old - Sony is fast tracking a remake to I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER! -- 57 total posts 57 posts
- Look Upon The Bizarre, Horrible, And Possibly Awesome Insanity Of This DEAD SNOW 2 Trailer!! -- 47 total posts 47 posts
- Adam Wingard and Simon Barrett to take on I SAW THE DEVIL REMAKE!!!!!!!! -- 39 total posts 39 posts
- STAR TREK Vet Bryan Fuller’s HIGH MOON Pilot Hits Syfy!! The Dome Is Shrinking On Penultimate UNDER!! 3-Hour International NINJA WARRIOR Special!! APPROVAL MATRIX & MASTERCHEF Finales!! LOVE & HIP HOP HOLLYWOOD Premiere!! New MNF, DALLAS, WOLF, MODEL & RAW!! TERROR IN NAIROBI On HBO!! Bill Hader & Nancy Pelosi on SETH!! Tim Olyphant & Nasim Pedrad On CONAN!! Herc’s Monday TV Talkback!! -- 35 total posts 35 posts