More Images From ABRAHAM LINCOLN: VAMPIRE HUNTER!!
Yesterday we got a look at look at some pics from ABRAHAM LINCOLN: VAMPIRE HUNTER, via Entertainment Weekly.
I'm still trying to find my bearings with this one -I'm not sure what to expect. It could be idiocy, genius, or possibly some combination of both. Will Bekmambetov's Lincoln be as altogether badass as BILL & TED's Lincoln?
We'll find out when the film arrives in theaters June 22.
--- follow Merrick on Twitter ! ---
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Feb. 8, 2012, 8:26 a.m. CST
Feb. 8, 2012, 8:27 a.m. CST
Would be nice to see Timur Bekmambetov do something great with it... I mean it's Lincoln hunting vampires, how hard can it be to fuck up??
Feb. 8, 2012, 8:27 a.m. CST
Fuck me, All this negativity on the talkbacks is rubbing off on me! :p
Feb. 8, 2012, 8:28 a.m. CST
Feb. 8, 2012, 8:30 a.m. CST
by chad kuhns
Almost assuredly what Daniel Day Lewis is basing his performance on. In all seriousness though, from the pics it does look like they've done a great job with the period setting and it at least seems to have some mood, but there's been several pics released in the last few weeks, but none really give that great a feel for the movie. Hopefully we will get a trailer soon, maybe seeing it all in motion will show whether or not this is a train wreck or cult classic in the making.
Feb. 8, 2012, 8:42 a.m. CST
"FOUR SCORE AND FIVE MINUTES AGO, I TOOK THE HEAD OFF A PARASITE AND IT WASN'T A CAST MEMBER FROM JERSEY SHORE." Abraham Lincoln, Bad TV & Cinema Hunter
This is what I want to see.
Feb. 8, 2012, 8:48 a.m. CST
I'm told the actor, who's a stage guy, is good. In the photos he looks NOTHING like Lincoln. Sometimes it actually looks like a bad Halloween costume. The appeal of this - the high concept - which is a little weak anyway - is, wouldn't it be cool to see Abe kicking vampire ass. If the guy doesn't really look like Abe, what's the point?
Feb. 8, 2012, 9:03 a.m. CST
Unless they're production stills, and not taken from actual footage.
Feb. 8, 2012, 9:05 a.m. CST
guess i need to read the book. or maybe i should just write my own alternate vampire/zombie/robot historical drama.. or take another copyright free classic work and throw some zombies in it.
Feb. 8, 2012, 9:06 a.m. CST
Feb. 8, 2012, 9:09 a.m. CST
Abe's makeup looks worse than Albert Brooks in drive. And let's face it. Albert Brooks makeup in Drive is the worst fucking makeup anyone has ever seen in motion picture history
Feb. 8, 2012, 9:23 a.m. CST
Feb. 8, 2012, 9:57 a.m. CST
The book was surprisingly good, and those looking for 'evil vampires' will find plenty of them here (will be interesting to see if the book's take on the vampire role in the Confederacy generates some controversy). Lincoln's (real) life had its share of personal grief and melancholy, and the story incorporates all that (the title suggests a lightness that is deceptive). Could be a very interesting movie...
Feb. 8, 2012, 10:04 a.m. CST
Structure it like Wolvie's cameo in FIRST CLASS; have Spike tell Abe to go fuck himself.
Feb. 8, 2012, 10:05 a.m. CST
Feb. 8, 2012, 10:07 a.m. CST
'League of Extraordinary Gentlemen' bad. 'Planet of the Apes' remake bad. Fuck, it will be 'Van Helsing' bad.
Feb. 8, 2012, 10:26 a.m. CST
This is the quagmire that "genre" has been mired in for the last 15 years or so. History will judge us severely, and rightfully so. Abe Lincoln doing spinning-in-the-air fighting moves with an axe. We are stupid.
Feb. 8, 2012, 10:29 a.m. CST
Not aging gracefully. But hey, its Albert Brooks.
Feb. 8, 2012, 10:33 a.m. CST
by Arcadian Del Sol
so yeah, he's on a stage - acting. you idiots.
Feb. 8, 2012, 10:35 a.m. CST
At any point in the movie does Lincoln actually look like Lincoln instead of a frizzy haired kid?
Feb. 8, 2012, 11:11 a.m. CST
Of those who are commenting, who has read the novel, "Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Slayer?" Anyone? Anyone? Don't see anyone claiming to have read it. Read and many of your questions will be answered. It ain't bad. J
Feb. 8, 2012, 11:14 a.m. CST
I haven't read the book, but I was intrigued by the concept. The cover image of Lincoln with the blood-splatter led me to think it would be the secret life of the President, taking out Vamps behind the scenes, a sort of gory James Bond. Nope. The photos make him look like a Twilight-aged vampire hunter with lots of JUMPS and KICKS all in 3D. No, thanks.
Feb. 8, 2012, 2:31 p.m. CST
I have a bad feeling about this film. I want to read the book. Heard it is great. But the movie shots do not inspire.
Feb. 8, 2012, 3:16 p.m. CST
I'm so tired of 95lb girls in 90% of the action rolls in movies today. I was a cool novelty 15 years ago, no it is tired and ever so lame. I want action characters that LOOK like they could actually beat someone up.
Feb. 8, 2012, 4:33 p.m. CST
by Fletch Gannon
What the images we've seen of this movie so far tells me that this move is going to suck. Sorry to be negative but it looks to be true. I guarantee you they're gonna water down the story regarding vampires in the south to make it more PC. This is be a hard R movie with gore, violence and exploitation. That'll be more like the remake of Fright Night or Van Helsing, light on the gore heavy on the young teens. Hell most of this movie is probably about a teenage Lincoln fighting vampires and the last segment is when he's president.
- 1st wk of Sept 2014's PICKS & PEEKS with Universal Monsters, FIRESTARTER, Eco-Terrorism, swords & fantasy! -- 87 total posts 83 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 385 total posts 13 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 425 total posts 12 posts
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 725 total posts 11 posts
- AICN HORROR: Dr. Karen Oughton checks out four fear-filled films from Film4 FrightFest 2014: THE LAST SHOWING! SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR! THE GUEST! DOC OF THE DEAD! -- 10 total posts 10 posts
- The DRUNK HISTORY Finale!! HOUDINI Finale!! ROYAL PAINS Finale!! RIZZOLI & ISLES Finale!! HARD KNOCKS Finale!! New TALENT, CARTER, GEAR, LITTLE, LIARS, MATADOR, WIZARD!! The Chenbot On LETTERMAN!! Brienne Of Tarth On CRAIG!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 10 total posts 10 posts
- Abortionist Killers On PBS!! HOUDINI Hits History!! Angie Returns To THE DOME!! New DALLAS, PARADISE, WOLF, WILD, MASTERCHEF, MODEL, NINJA, HOTEL, BEACH, & RAW!! PARTNERS & MISTRESSES Finales!! UNAUTHORIZED SAVED BY THE BELL STORY!! Annaleigh Ashford On CRAIG!! Herc’s Monday TV Talkback!! -- 31 total posts 6 posts
- AICN COMICS PODCAST reviews GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY! WAYWARD! SUNDOWNERS! & More! -- 5 total posts 5 posts
- WALKING DEAD!! BOARDWALK EMPIRE!! AGENTS OF SHIELD!! STAR WARS REBELS!! SOUTH PARK!! NEW GIRL!! HOMELAND!! GOTHAM!! FLASH!! SURVIVOR!! RESURRECTION!! PARENTHOOD!! BURGERS!! BLACKLIST!! BANG!! VOICE!! SLEEPY!! PERSON!! UTOPIA!! ANARCHY!! Z!! More Than 200 Autumn Premiere Dates!! -- 54 total posts 4 posts
- Harry may be crazy about SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR - but so may you -- 570 total posts 3 posts