Denzel Washington & Mark Wahlberg in film adaptation of the graphic novel 2 GUNS... maybe...
Hey folks, Harry here... now that I finished the DVD column, I'll jump into some of the news of the day. DEADLINE is breaking that the mighty Denzel Washington is in some form of discussions to do 2 GUNS with Mark Wahlberg for Universal.
Over at AMAZON - they describe the story thusly:
A pulp story about cops and thieves and the men that are something in between. Trench has targeted a local bank to rob, and asked Steadman in on the job. Trench figures it's a great way to score -- considering it's a cover for mob money. They'll be thieves ripping off thieves. But what Steadman doesn't know is that Trench is a DEA agent. And what Trench doesn't know is that Steadman's a Naval Intelligence officer. They're both cops! And neither one knows that they're not robbing the mob, they've been set up to steal $50 million from the CIA! A light-hearted crime romp in the vein of Ocean's Thirteen and The Italian Job from comics legend, Steven Grant!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Feb. 7, 2012, 7:49 p.m. CST
Feb. 7, 2012, 7:49 p.m. CST
Do something about it, you midget bitch.
Feb. 7, 2012, 7:50 p.m. CST
First? Please don't let me be first. I always goofed on those jackholes who are first in these threads. Have I really become on of them? The cat-piss smelling geektards who hang out on AICN all day are my kin? Oh, the humanity....
Feb. 7, 2012, 7:51 p.m. CST
but this sounds like a new screenplay from that Overnight douche bag bartender guy who wrote and directed Boondock Saints.
Feb. 7, 2012, 8:21 p.m. CST
Pleanty of fist-bumps and bro-hugs at the Wahlberg compound, peppered with inarticulate mutterings about "runnin' this shit." Then someone did the Douggie and yelled "Bastin rules, you queeahs."
by Pvt. Duke
Feb. 7, 2012, 8:57 p.m. CST
by Jonathhan Kana
lol fuck all of you
Feb. 7, 2012, 9:04 p.m. CST
by Grammaton Cleric Binks
He was called two guns because of his size. Oh wait, wrong movie.
Feb. 7, 2012, 9:29 p.m. CST
by Nasty In The Pasty
Feb. 7, 2012, 10:38 p.m. CST
casting is awesome but idk about the plot sounds a little ridiculous
Feb. 7, 2012, 10:40 p.m. CST
....or Polanski. Two cunts i don't care for.
Feb. 8, 2012, 2:01 a.m. CST
In the script the "straight guy" role feels like it was outright written for Wahlberg. The other role is more comedic and seems like a good fit for an Owen Wilson type. If Denzel is in talks does that mean Wahlberg would be playing the more comedic part?
Feb. 8, 2012, 4:14 a.m. CST
feel it feel it
Feb. 8, 2012, 5:23 a.m. CST
by Eric Shea
on heist movies. They are really just getting stupid now. This sounds like any number of straight to DVD crapfests. Denzel is too good for this. They should get Treach to play Trench.
Feb. 8, 2012, 6:22 a.m. CST
Feb. 8, 2012, 9:34 a.m. CST
Search your feelings, you know it to be true.
Feb. 8, 2012, 11:10 a.m. CST
I'm sure its not going to be though.
- Jason Momoa to potentially play Doomsday in the upcoming BATMAN/SUPERMAN film!?!? -- 35 total posts 35 posts
- The Trailer For The Wachowskis' JUPITER ASCENDING! -- 143 total posts 22 posts
- A sequel to JACK REACHER is on the way! -- 80 total posts 21 posts
- The Next STAR TREK!! Variety Says ATTACK THE BLOCK’s Joe Cornish Is Not Directing And Alex Kurtzman Is Not Writing!! -- 335 total posts 19 posts
- Nordling Recaps BNAT 15! -- 130 total posts 16 posts
- Peter Berg Says No New FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS Movie -- 130 total posts 12 posts
- And The Apparent Title Of The Next TERMINATOR Movie Is... -- 359 total posts 8 posts
- Disney can now make new Indiana Jones Movies!!! But what about Paramount? -- 542 total posts 6 posts
- The Trailer For Jason Bateman's BAD WORDS! -- 25 total posts 6 posts
- Big SPOILERS for X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST and APOCALYPSE as new rumors suggest a familiar face will be playing the role of APOCALYPSE!! -- 503 total posts 5 posts