Denzel Washington & Mark Wahlberg in film adaptation of the graphic novel 2 GUNS... maybe...
Hey folks, Harry here... now that I finished the DVD column, I'll jump into some of the news of the day. DEADLINE is breaking that the mighty Denzel Washington is in some form of discussions to do 2 GUNS with Mark Wahlberg for Universal.
Over at AMAZON - they describe the story thusly:
A pulp story about cops and thieves and the men that are something in between. Trench has targeted a local bank to rob, and asked Steadman in on the job. Trench figures it's a great way to score -- considering it's a cover for mob money. They'll be thieves ripping off thieves. But what Steadman doesn't know is that Trench is a DEA agent. And what Trench doesn't know is that Steadman's a Naval Intelligence officer. They're both cops! And neither one knows that they're not robbing the mob, they've been set up to steal $50 million from the CIA! A light-hearted crime romp in the vein of Ocean's Thirteen and The Italian Job from comics legend, Steven Grant!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Feb. 7, 2012, 7:49 p.m. CST
Feb. 7, 2012, 7:49 p.m. CST
Do something about it, you midget bitch.
Feb. 7, 2012, 7:50 p.m. CST
First? Please don't let me be first. I always goofed on those jackholes who are first in these threads. Have I really become on of them? The cat-piss smelling geektards who hang out on AICN all day are my kin? Oh, the humanity....
Feb. 7, 2012, 7:51 p.m. CST
but this sounds like a new screenplay from that Overnight douche bag bartender guy who wrote and directed Boondock Saints.
Feb. 7, 2012, 8:21 p.m. CST
Pleanty of fist-bumps and bro-hugs at the Wahlberg compound, peppered with inarticulate mutterings about "runnin' this shit." Then someone did the Douggie and yelled "Bastin rules, you queeahs."
by Pvt. Duke
Feb. 7, 2012, 8:57 p.m. CST
by Jonathhan Kana
lol fuck all of you
Feb. 7, 2012, 9:04 p.m. CST
by Grammaton Cleric Binks
He was called two guns because of his size. Oh wait, wrong movie.
Feb. 7, 2012, 9:29 p.m. CST
by Nasty In The Pasty
Feb. 7, 2012, 10:38 p.m. CST
casting is awesome but idk about the plot sounds a little ridiculous
Feb. 7, 2012, 10:40 p.m. CST
....or Polanski. Two cunts i don't care for.
Feb. 8, 2012, 2:01 a.m. CST
In the script the "straight guy" role feels like it was outright written for Wahlberg. The other role is more comedic and seems like a good fit for an Owen Wilson type. If Denzel is in talks does that mean Wahlberg would be playing the more comedic part?
Feb. 8, 2012, 4:14 a.m. CST
feel it feel it
Feb. 8, 2012, 5:23 a.m. CST
by Eric Shea
on heist movies. They are really just getting stupid now. This sounds like any number of straight to DVD crapfests. Denzel is too good for this. They should get Treach to play Trench.
Feb. 8, 2012, 6:22 a.m. CST
Feb. 8, 2012, 9:34 a.m. CST
Search your feelings, you know it to be true.
Feb. 8, 2012, 11:10 a.m. CST
I'm sure its not going to be though.
- Superman gets a new costume for BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 138 total posts 5 posts
- Check Out this Awesome Trailer for AUTOMATA - Antonio Banderas and Robots! -- 11 total posts 4 posts
- T-MINUS 3 DAYS(ish) And It’s A Wednesday MiniDocback!! New ‘DOCTOR WHO EXTRA’ BTS Show Announced, Germany To Initially Transmit ‘Deep Breath’ Undubbed, And HornOrSilk Reviews ‘The Abandoned’ Big Finish Audio!! -- 28 total posts 3 posts
- August Picks & Peeks 2014 Catch Up: DePalma, Jarmusch, Corman, Cuaron, Arau, Cosmotos, Brass, Huston + more! -- 241 total posts 3 posts
- A Provocative New Trailer For THE DEATH OF SUPERMAN LIVES!! Nic Cage, Tim Burton, Kevin Smith… -- 352 total posts 1 post
- Capone has the Winners' names for the early Chicago screening of THE BOXTROLLS with directors' Q&A!!! -- 2 total posts 1 post
- New Images from ROSEWATER, Starring Gael Garcia Bernal! -- 38 total posts 1 post
1918-2014 -- 39 total posts 1 post
- Don't count Andy Serkis' JUNGLE BOOK out just yet! He's scored Batman, Galadriel, Moneypenny, and Smaug for his cast! -- 79 total posts 1 post
- Check out a description for the first trailer for Quentin Tarantino's THE HATEFUL EIGHT! -- 45 total posts 1 post