Madman Nicolas Lopez's insane asylum thriller Aftershock in bidding war!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. I knew Eli Roth was in Chile with Nicolas Lopez because I follow him on Twitter. I know, I should be a detective!
They're working on a project called Aftershock and it focuses on an insane asylum as an earthquake sets off a chain of events that lead to the inmates escaping. Roth is producing under the same banner that brought us The Last Exorcism, but this time Roth is also starring.
Promedio Rojo was a great little flick and ever since then I've been waiting to see who is going to bring him over to English language filmmaking. The flick sounds right up my alley. I'm a big fan of New Line's Alone in the Dark (the '80s New Line flick, not the Uwe Boll piece of shit) and it sounds like it shares a little of that flick's premise and, hopefully, its insanity.
Anyway, the story is that even though it's still in production there's currently a bidding war for the rights. According to Deadline both The Weinstein Company and Relativity Media, among others, are after the flick.
So, that's the news. Good luck to that group of misfits. Can't wait to see the flick!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Feb. 6, 2012, 9:17 a.m. CST
Feb. 6, 2012, 9:24 a.m. CST
..or that little bit that was only touched upon in batman begins. i'm not knocking the premise- i wish we had seen more of it followed through with the batman movies.
Feb. 6, 2012, 9:31 a.m. CST
very few of the patients/inmates would leave; they would wander around the complex waiting for their meals and meds. The idea the most psychiatric patients are violent, scheming geniuses is pure fantasy. That said, I'll argue that the credits of Cabin Fever is some of the best black humor ever.
Feb. 6, 2012, 9:32 a.m. CST
by mighty boosh
Isn't Dark Knight Rises going to feature a bit of a prison break (from Arkham or not, it wasn't clear) judging by the trailer? There was the shot with the hole in the wall and prisoners walking out, armed with guns.
Feb. 6, 2012, 9:53 a.m. CST
i was under the assumption bane would recruit the tough mean dumb type from blackgate, and not risk recruiting nutsos from arkham ...begins kind of showed a touch of what would happen when the crazies are let out. but hell, after what the joker pulled with the boat full of 'tough dumb criminals' and how they were willing to be sacrificed...would those guys get reduced sentences..or leniency..or be so quick to get involved in some more costumed shenanigans? it's also assumed that the joker recruited arkham inmates for his gang throughout TDK (at least, after the bank heist) but they never once show how he did. track them down after they were released? get them escaped? we'll never know. just another plot hole in TDK..
Feb. 6, 2012, 9:55 a.m. CST
particularly in something this short. That is all.
Feb. 6, 2012, 9:56 a.m. CST
Feb. 6, 2012, 10:16 a.m. CST
Feb. 6, 2012, 11:16 a.m. CST
by Collin Armstrong
...I'm shocked the Jack Shoulder ALONE IN THE DARK hasn't been run though the remake machine yet. Great movie with a fun, simple premise and a handful of roles you could plug character players into. Plus it's got the Sick Fucks! Shoulder's movies in the '80s usually had terrific soundtracks, actually. THE HIDDEN is loaded with awesome new wave and post-punk. And, frankly, I'm surprised there hasn't been a remake of THE HIDDEN yet. Wouldn't be shocked if that was in development somewhere.
Feb. 6, 2012, 11:19 a.m. CST
Gore Verbinski. Hard 'R' rating. Get on with it, Hollywood...
Feb. 6, 2012, 12:17 p.m. CST
Feb. 6, 2012, 12:26 p.m. CST
by Baron Von Penguin
Hostel (I didn't and won't be seeing the 2nd) was an atrocious film. Horror for morons.
Feb. 6, 2012, 1:21 p.m. CST
Except sucking Quentin Tarantino's dick and have this site suck his, he is nothing but a master manipulator and a poor filmmaker.
Feb. 6, 2012, 3:16 p.m. CST
And neither is Quentin Tarantino. Didn't they get the memo? Fuck's sake...
Feb. 6, 2012, 3:20 p.m. CST
"Eli Roth is also starring" Well, that's a major bummer. Also, what happened to his directing career? Doesn't he want to direct anymore?
by Mr. Pricklepants
- Bryan Singer signals... the APOCALYPSE... X-MEN fans should be getting giddy! -- 471 total posts 178 posts
- We have the first trailer for THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 right here and it hints towards some pretty exciting things!! -- 652 total posts 57 posts
- The BBCs Confirm 'Time of the Doctor' DOCTOR WHO Christmas Special Transmit Times!! + New Promo Art And Pics!! -- 72 total posts 33 posts
- Two More NYMPHOMANIAC Posters... -- 23 total posts 23 posts
- LIFE OF PI Scribe David Magee to Pen New NARNIA Film! -- 120 total posts 22 posts
- Watch Tom Hiddleston sway with Tilda Swinton in this clip from ONLY LOVERS LEFT ALIVE! -- 36 total posts 22 posts
- Trailer and Release Date for NURSE 3D! -- 84 total posts 21 posts
- Capone feels burned by the out-of-control acting in OUT OF THE FURNACE!!! -- 17 total posts 17 posts
- Universal Releases A Nice Tribute To Paul Walker... -- 114 total posts 14 posts
- Want to see PARANORMAL ACTIVITY: THE MARKED ONES next Friday in one of 13 'marked' cities? Capone has the details on that and how to win VIP tickets to the Chicago screening!!! -- 14 total posts 9 posts