Madman Nicolas Lopez's insane asylum thriller Aftershock in bidding war!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. I knew Eli Roth was in Chile with Nicolas Lopez because I follow him on Twitter. I know, I should be a detective!
They're working on a project called Aftershock and it focuses on an insane asylum as an earthquake sets off a chain of events that lead to the inmates escaping. Roth is producing under the same banner that brought us The Last Exorcism, but this time Roth is also starring.
Promedio Rojo was a great little flick and ever since then I've been waiting to see who is going to bring him over to English language filmmaking. The flick sounds right up my alley. I'm a big fan of New Line's Alone in the Dark (the '80s New Line flick, not the Uwe Boll piece of shit) and it sounds like it shares a little of that flick's premise and, hopefully, its insanity.
Anyway, the story is that even though it's still in production there's currently a bidding war for the rights. According to Deadline both The Weinstein Company and Relativity Media, among others, are after the flick.
So, that's the news. Good luck to that group of misfits. Can't wait to see the flick!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Feb. 6, 2012, 9:17 a.m. CST
Feb. 6, 2012, 9:24 a.m. CST
..or that little bit that was only touched upon in batman begins. i'm not knocking the premise- i wish we had seen more of it followed through with the batman movies.
Feb. 6, 2012, 9:31 a.m. CST
very few of the patients/inmates would leave; they would wander around the complex waiting for their meals and meds. The idea the most psychiatric patients are violent, scheming geniuses is pure fantasy. That said, I'll argue that the credits of Cabin Fever is some of the best black humor ever.
Feb. 6, 2012, 9:32 a.m. CST
by mighty boosh
Isn't Dark Knight Rises going to feature a bit of a prison break (from Arkham or not, it wasn't clear) judging by the trailer? There was the shot with the hole in the wall and prisoners walking out, armed with guns.
Feb. 6, 2012, 9:53 a.m. CST
i was under the assumption bane would recruit the tough mean dumb type from blackgate, and not risk recruiting nutsos from arkham ...begins kind of showed a touch of what would happen when the crazies are let out. but hell, after what the joker pulled with the boat full of 'tough dumb criminals' and how they were willing to be sacrificed...would those guys get reduced sentences..or leniency..or be so quick to get involved in some more costumed shenanigans? it's also assumed that the joker recruited arkham inmates for his gang throughout TDK (at least, after the bank heist) but they never once show how he did. track them down after they were released? get them escaped? we'll never know. just another plot hole in TDK..
Feb. 6, 2012, 9:55 a.m. CST
particularly in something this short. That is all.
Feb. 6, 2012, 9:56 a.m. CST
Feb. 6, 2012, 10:16 a.m. CST
Feb. 6, 2012, 11:16 a.m. CST
by Collin Armstrong
...I'm shocked the Jack Shoulder ALONE IN THE DARK hasn't been run though the remake machine yet. Great movie with a fun, simple premise and a handful of roles you could plug character players into. Plus it's got the Sick Fucks! Shoulder's movies in the '80s usually had terrific soundtracks, actually. THE HIDDEN is loaded with awesome new wave and post-punk. And, frankly, I'm surprised there hasn't been a remake of THE HIDDEN yet. Wouldn't be shocked if that was in development somewhere.
Feb. 6, 2012, 11:19 a.m. CST
Gore Verbinski. Hard 'R' rating. Get on with it, Hollywood...
Feb. 6, 2012, 12:17 p.m. CST
Feb. 6, 2012, 12:26 p.m. CST
by Baron Von Penguin
Hostel (I didn't and won't be seeing the 2nd) was an atrocious film. Horror for morons.
Feb. 6, 2012, 1:21 p.m. CST
Except sucking Quentin Tarantino's dick and have this site suck his, he is nothing but a master manipulator and a poor filmmaker.
Feb. 6, 2012, 3:16 p.m. CST
And neither is Quentin Tarantino. Didn't they get the memo? Fuck's sake...
Feb. 6, 2012, 3:20 p.m. CST
"Eli Roth is also starring" Well, that's a major bummer. Also, what happened to his directing career? Doesn't he want to direct anymore?
by Mr. Pricklepants
- Two New AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic-Con Posters Reveal… -- 262 total posts 262 posts
- UPDATED! Has Marvel's DOCTOR STRANGE Casting Search Gone To Phoenix? -- 152 total posts 152 posts
- SDCC '14: Another snap of Batfleck from BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 358 total posts 131 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint has seen the new Interstellar trailer! Plus The Rock and Spongebob stuff! -- 117 total posts 117 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint talks about the surprisingly good 5-ish minutes of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles shown at the Con! -- 114 total posts 114 posts
- Mark Hamill referred to his beard for STAR WARS: EPISODE VII as "contractually-obligated"!! Does that confirm what we've been hearing?? -- 287 total posts 103 posts
- FIFTY SHADES OF GREY Trailer Is Like Daaaaayuuuuuuum! -- 319 total posts 73 posts
- "This is a classic alternate reality situation...like FRINGE!" Get wet with the red-band trailer for HOT TUB TIME MACHINE 2! -- 118 total posts 65 posts
- Sam Raimi Producing THE LAST OF US Movie! Maisie Williams In Talk To Play Ellie! -- 46 total posts 46 posts
- Footage of discarded concept art, interviews with Tim Burton and Kevin Smith, and Nicolas Cage in flight in this trailer for THE DEATH OF SUPERMAN LIVES! -- 39 total posts 39 posts