Here's The US Trailer For BULLHEAD!
I missed this at Fantastic Fest, and I wish I hadn't - Drafthouse Films picked this up shortly after winning Best Film at FF 2012 and it went on to be nominated for the Oscar for Best Foreign Language Film. I haven't seen it yet, but that will be remedied very very soon - this weekend, in fact - and this new trailer makes the movie look foreboding and brutal. Everyone who saw it at Fantastic Fest loved it, calling it a more unique take on the crime genre, with a stunning performance by Mattias Schoenaerts. It's awesome to think that Tim League has a movie nominated for an Oscar this year. Here's the trailer:
BULLHEAD opens limited release on February 17th. If you have an Alamo Drafthouse in your area, definitely check their listings.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Feb. 3, 2012, 8:17 p.m. CST
Needs more PG-13
Feb. 3, 2012, 9:20 p.m. CST
by Stuntcock Mike
Looks like a stone bummer.
Feb. 3, 2012, 9:51 p.m. CST
That said, what a great trailer. Gives a great impression of the tone of the film, without giving anything away. I'll definitely see this one as soon as I can. Congrats to the Drafthouse!
Feb. 3, 2012, 11:39 p.m. CST
by Dan Lalonde
One of those movies that make like steroids make you insane.
Feb. 3, 2012, 11:50 p.m. CST
Probably figures his balls are already too tiny to shrink, so why not?
Feb. 3, 2012, 11:54 p.m. CST
And no it's in no way some stupid anti-steroids movie. Once you see it you'll feel silly dismissing it as something so simple. <P> This is my favourite from 2011.
Feb. 4, 2012, 12:42 a.m. CST
Steroids might not make you insane but they are very subtly mind altering. They have a natural high all their own that is seemingly mild, but secretly intoxicating. I am not talking about the film. Haven' seen it.
Feb. 4, 2012, 5:35 a.m. CST
Definitely worth checking out. I starts out slow but in the end it's a Paul Schader type epos. BTW, no steroids are not good for you.
Feb. 4, 2012, 7:11 a.m. CST
Why did I chase a young kid across a field, tear off his pants and punch him in the face? It was the steroids, sir!
Feb. 4, 2012, 8:24 a.m. CST
I don't watch it.
Feb. 4, 2012, 12:41 p.m. CST
by Nice Marmot
. . . it's the Food of the Gods. He gets friggin' HUGE by the end . . .
Feb. 4, 2012, 1:13 p.m. CST
But I do like them to at least tell me what the movie's about, According to this trailer, Bullhead is about a guy shadowboxing and walking around. Doesn't exactly have me leaping out of my seat with $10 in hand...
Feb. 4, 2012, 1:39 p.m. CST
Well it starts as crime story about a farmer and his dealings with the hormone maffia. But then the movie shifts tone and we find out what makes the bullhead character tick.
Feb. 4, 2012, 2:20 p.m. CST
That is exactly 100% more information than given in the the trailer. I mean, I understand they're trying to conceal the fact it's a foreign movie, and all. But christ, they could at least give a couple visual clues to the story without revealing the dialog isn't in english.
Feb. 4, 2012, 2:35 p.m. CST
I totally thought Adam Sandler in the poster.
Feb. 4, 2012, 3:01 p.m. CST
Feb. 5, 2012, 5:48 a.m. CST
'Micro-cock'. Easy mistake to make, I guess.
Feb. 5, 2012, 5:04 p.m. CST
- That rumor about Sony selling SPIDER-MAN? Don't you believe it for a second! -- 359 total posts 183 posts
- Papa Vinyard thinks that HANGOVER: PART III was a paycheck grab for a buncha people who are already rich!! -- 149 total posts 149 posts
- The METALLICA THROUGH THE NEVER Teaser! -- 163 total posts 97 posts
- Next on the Reboot assemblyline? TIMECOP!! -- 131 total posts 87 posts
- New MAN OF STEEL trailer makes me happy that Superman has severe red eye!!! -- 738 total posts 66 posts
- Sandler, Piss, Barf, And Hayek Grace The New GROWN UPS 2 Trailer!! -- 54 total posts 54 posts
- We have some new details on the POLTERGEIST remake/reboot/sequel!! -- 199 total posts 49 posts
- Seems Coppola Is Gearing Up For A New Italian-American Epic!? -- 38 total posts 38 posts
- So where is FAST AND FURIOUS 7 going to take place!?! -- 85 total posts 36 posts
- Kristin Scott Thomas Chews Up Ryan Gosling's Girlfriend In A Very Nasty Clip From ONLY GOD FORGIVES! -- 78 total posts 36 posts