AICN Toys: 52, E.T., AVENGERS, THUNDERCATS, And more!!
John Ary here with a quick look at a few action figure lines that are making headlines this week...
The Dark Knight Batmobile from Hot Toys
Sideshow Collectibles and Hot Toys will soon offer a 1/6 scale version of the Tumbler. It features a detailed cockpit, a roof panel that slides open, movable braking flaps, working headlights and is in the same scale as the recent and upcoming Batman figures from Hot Toys. Its up for pre-order here for $469.99 with a release date sometime in the second quarter.
The New 52: Justice League Batman from DC Direct
As best as I can tell, the main difference between the New 52 hero costumes and the old ones is underwear. This New 52: Justice League Batman will stand 6.75-inches tall and features Jim Lee’s latest design of the caped crusader (sans underwear on the outside of his pants). It will cost you $20 when it releases in May.
E.T. from NECA
Toy News International has revealed the first two 7-inch E.T. figures from NECA's new line of toys. Galactic Friends E.T. includes a towel and a bag of Resse’s Pieces. There will also be a dress-up version of Elliot's favorite extra terrestrial. Look for these along with other E.T. toys (bendies, bobbleheads, etc.) in March.
The Avengers from Hasbro
Marvel has released new pics of Hasbro’s upcoming 3.75-inch Avengers figures. It sounds like there will 15 different figures in the Avengers 3.75-inch line, most of which will be directly from the movie, but there isn’t an Agent Coulson planned for 2012. For shame Hasbro!!!
Marvel Select Colossus from Diamond Select Toys
These new pics recently surfaced on the Art Asylum blog of the newest Marvel Select figure. Piotr Rasputin stands 8.25 inches tall with 16 points of articulation. This Russian mutie should release later in January for around $20. He's also available for pre-order here.
And finally this week I re... re... review the 6-inch Classic Lion-O from Bandai. Hooooooooooooooooooo!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Jan. 22, 2012, 4:17 p.m. CST
Jan. 22, 2012, 4:17 p.m. CST
But it's worh it.
Jan. 22, 2012, 4:23 p.m. CST
Jan. 22, 2012, 4:25 p.m. CST
Jan. 22, 2012, 4:33 p.m. CST
Jan. 22, 2012, 4:39 p.m. CST
It looks like he should be reclining on a foreign sports car.
Jan. 22, 2012, 5:11 p.m. CST
...Nehru collars and unnecessary military piping. And an invulnerable Kryptonian wearing body armor.
Jan. 22, 2012, 5:18 p.m. CST
Jan. 22, 2012, 5:23 p.m. CST
My dad took me to the store after seeing ET when I was very very young, but all we could find was cross dressing ET. Very sad.
Jan. 22, 2012, 5:47 p.m. CST
Jan. 22, 2012, 6:32 p.m. CST
by Bouncy X
being the 30th anniversary, i imagine those toys are just the beginning of an onslaught of merchandise coming throughout the year.
Jan. 22, 2012, 6:36 p.m. CST
also, regular E.T.
Jan. 22, 2012, 7:51 p.m. CST
-- you will be mine.
Jan. 22, 2012, 7:56 p.m. CST
-- since I've collected figures for so long. Just who is this fruitcake?
Jan. 22, 2012, 7:57 p.m. CST
Jan. 22, 2012, 8:07 p.m. CST
Jan. 22, 2012, 8:22 p.m. CST
Jan. 22, 2012, 8:23 p.m. CST
.....yes, you just got........ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..............coxxed!!!!!!!
Jan. 22, 2012, 8:54 p.m. CST
The Tumbler is great and I am glad HT is re-releasing it but the Burton Batmobile is even greater and Hot Toys won't even say how much it is.
No price and no release date equals either way too much money or they or having production problems.
Jan. 23, 2012, 12:56 a.m. CST
I used to love seeing those type of sets in toy commercials.
Jan. 23, 2012, 8:11 a.m. CST
- That rumor about Sony selling SPIDER-MAN? Don't you believe it for a second! -- 382 total posts 206 posts
- Papa Vinyard thinks that HANGOVER: PART III was a paycheck grab for a buncha people who are already rich!! -- 167 total posts 167 posts
- Holy Crossover!! Magneto’s Boy Quicksilver To Be In Whedon’s AVENGERS 2 And Singer’s X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST?? -- 132 total posts 132 posts
- The METALLICA THROUGH THE NEVER Teaser! -- 180 total posts 114 posts
- New MAN OF STEEL trailer makes me happy that Superman has severe red eye!!! -- 781 total posts 109 posts
- Next on the Reboot assemblyline? TIMECOP!! -- 138 total posts 94 posts
- Sandler, Piss, Barf, And Hayek Grace The New GROWN UPS 2 Trailer!! -- 82 total posts 82 posts
- Seems Coppola Is Gearing Up For A New Italian-American Epic!? -- 66 total posts 66 posts
- Green-Band and Red-Band trailers for the new Jason Sudeikis & Jennifer Aniston VACATION ripoff, WE'RE THE MILLERS are here!! -- 63 total posts 63 posts
- We have some new details on the POLTERGEIST remake/reboot/sequel!! -- 204 total posts 54 posts