Celebrate Manga Entertainment's 20th Anniversary by Winning a Copy of Redline or First Squad on Blu-ray
In celebration of its 20th Anniversary, Manga Entertainment is set to release Takeshi Koike's much praised Redline (including by us, check out the review here) and Studio 4ºC/Russian co-production First Squad: The Moment Of Truth on Blu-ray and DVD January 17th.
AICN is please to have two copies of each on Blu-ray to give away.
Enter to win by sending an e-mail with the subject line "Manga," your Redline versus First Squad preference, and your postal address to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 17th. Sorry, but this restricted to residents of the United States.
Redline—created by studio Madhouse (Paprika, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Summer Wars)—is about the biggest and most deadly racing tournament in the universe. Only held once every five years, everyone wants to stake their claim to fame, including JP, a reckless dare-devil driver oblivious to speed limits with his ultra-customized car—all the while, organized crime and militaristic governments want to leverage the race to their own ends. Amongst the other elite rival drivers in the tournament, JP falls for the alluring Sonoshee—but will she prove his undoing, or can a high speed romance survive a mass destruction race?
Directed by Yoshiharu Ashino, First Squad: The Moment Of Truth is set during the opening days of World War II on the Eastern Front. Its main cast of characters is a group of Soviet teenagers, each with extraordinary abilities. The teenagers have been drafted to form a special unit to fight the invading German army. They are opposed by a Schutzstaffel (SS) officer who is attempting to raise a supernatural army of crusaders from the 12th Century Order of the Sacred Cross from the dead and enlist them in the Nazi cause. First Squad: The Moment Of Truth was produced by Eiko Tanaka, Misha Shprits and Aljosha Klimov.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Jan. 15, 2012, 1:12 p.m. CST
Catch it in IMAX while it's there
Jan. 23, 2012, 10:34 a.m. CST
Did they ever pick the winners for this? What's the deal? All the other contests list the winners but I haven't seen one for this contest.
Jan. 29, 2012, 1:09 p.m. CST
It seems like the anime contests nver post the winners. It'd be niceto know if I can officially give up hope yet :P
Jan. 31, 2012, 12:02 a.m. CST
by Henry Fool
Speaking of Madhouse does anyone at AICN have any information on the production of Satoshi Kon's final project, "The Dream Machine"?<br /> <br /> The last official word was that production had been put on hold due to financial issues, even though around 600 out 1500 had been animated at that point.<br /> <br /> Satoshi Kon was my favorite animator working in Japan. He was a gifted and visionary artist who never made a film that was lacking in originality. It would be a shame if we didn't get to see his final effort, which he continued to direct from beyond the grave, through videos and voice recordings made for his animation staff.
Feb. 4, 2012, 2:32 p.m. CST
I won a copy of First Squad. Got it in the mail last week.
- Jason Momoa to potentially play Doomsday in the upcoming BATMAN/SUPERMAN film!?!? -- 66 total posts 66 posts
- The Trailer For The Wachowskis' JUPITER ASCENDING! -- 156 total posts 35 posts
- A sequel to JACK REACHER is on the way! -- 88 total posts 29 posts
- The Next STAR TREK!! Variety Says ATTACK THE BLOCK’s Joe Cornish Is Not Directing And Alex Kurtzman Is Not Writing!! -- 337 total posts 21 posts
- Nordling Recaps BNAT 15! -- 133 total posts 19 posts
- Peter Berg Says No New FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS Movie -- 132 total posts 14 posts
- Big SPOILERS for X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST and APOCALYPSE as new rumors suggest a familiar face will be playing the role of APOCALYPSE!! -- 507 total posts 9 posts
- And The Apparent Title Of The Next TERMINATOR Movie Is... -- 359 total posts 8 posts
- Disney can now make new Indiana Jones Movies!!! But what about Paramount? -- 542 total posts 6 posts
- The Trailer For Jason Bateman's BAD WORDS! -- 25 total posts 6 posts