Celebrate Manga Entertainment's 20th Anniversary by Winning a Copy of Redline or First Squad on Blu-ray
In celebration of its 20th Anniversary, Manga Entertainment is set to release Takeshi Koike's much praised Redline (including by us, check out the review here) and Studio 4ºC/Russian co-production First Squad: The Moment Of Truth on Blu-ray and DVD January 17th.
AICN is please to have two copies of each on Blu-ray to give away.
Enter to win by sending an e-mail with the subject line "Manga," your Redline versus First Squad preference, and your postal address to email@example.com by January 17th. Sorry, but this restricted to residents of the United States.
Redline—created by studio Madhouse (Paprika, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Summer Wars)—is about the biggest and most deadly racing tournament in the universe. Only held once every five years, everyone wants to stake their claim to fame, including JP, a reckless dare-devil driver oblivious to speed limits with his ultra-customized car—all the while, organized crime and militaristic governments want to leverage the race to their own ends. Amongst the other elite rival drivers in the tournament, JP falls for the alluring Sonoshee—but will she prove his undoing, or can a high speed romance survive a mass destruction race?
Directed by Yoshiharu Ashino, First Squad: The Moment Of Truth is set during the opening days of World War II on the Eastern Front. Its main cast of characters is a group of Soviet teenagers, each with extraordinary abilities. The teenagers have been drafted to form a special unit to fight the invading German army. They are opposed by a Schutzstaffel (SS) officer who is attempting to raise a supernatural army of crusaders from the 12th Century Order of the Sacred Cross from the dead and enlist them in the Nazi cause. First Squad: The Moment Of Truth was produced by Eiko Tanaka, Misha Shprits and Aljosha Klimov.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Jan. 15, 2012, 1:12 p.m. CST
Catch it in IMAX while it's there
Jan. 23, 2012, 10:34 a.m. CST
Did they ever pick the winners for this? What's the deal? All the other contests list the winners but I haven't seen one for this contest.
Jan. 29, 2012, 1:09 p.m. CST
It seems like the anime contests nver post the winners. It'd be niceto know if I can officially give up hope yet :P
Jan. 31, 2012, 12:02 a.m. CST
by Henry Fool
Speaking of Madhouse does anyone at AICN have any information on the production of Satoshi Kon's final project, "The Dream Machine"?<br /> <br /> The last official word was that production had been put on hold due to financial issues, even though around 600 out 1500 had been animated at that point.<br /> <br /> Satoshi Kon was my favorite animator working in Japan. He was a gifted and visionary artist who never made a film that was lacking in originality. It would be a shame if we didn't get to see his final effort, which he continued to direct from beyond the grave, through videos and voice recordings made for his animation staff.
Feb. 4, 2012, 2:32 p.m. CST
I won a copy of First Squad. Got it in the mail last week.
- Evangeline Lilly Instagrams Her ANT-MAN Look!! -- 192 total posts 192 posts
- Superman gets a new costume for BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 265 total posts 132 posts
- Check Out this Awesome Trailer for AUTOMATA - Antonio Banderas and Robots! -- 126 total posts 119 posts
- So, What Is This BATMAN v SUPERMAN Prop Newspaper Showing Us?? [MILD SPOILER] -- 109 total posts 109 posts
- Check out a description for the first trailer for Quentin Tarantino's THE HATEFUL EIGHT! -- 118 total posts 74 posts
- August Picks & Peeks 2014 Catch Up: DePalma, Jarmusch, Corman, Cuaron, Arau, Cosmotos, Brass, Huston + more! -- 311 total posts 73 posts
- A Provocative New Trailer For THE DEATH OF SUPERMAN LIVES!! Nic Cage, Tim Burton, Kevin Smith… -- 417 total posts 66 posts
- Behold The Probably Offensive But Kinda Cool DEAD SNOW 2 Poster!! -- 51 total posts 51 posts
- The Actor Who Played YOUNG SHERLOCK HOLMES To Play And Not Play Sherlock Holmes In A Movie About Old Sherlock Holmes!! -- 49 total posts 49 posts
- Don't count Andy Serkis' JUNGLE BOOK out just yet! He's scored Batman, Galadriel, Moneypenny, and Smaug for his cast! -- 104 total posts 26 posts