Animation and Anime
AICN Anime - Mondo Reveals the First Poster in Its Studio Ghibli Series
Mondo, the makers of highly sought after, highly limited posters, announced its partnership with Studio Ghibli, presenting a series coinciding with GKids/New York International Children's Film Festival's Ghibli retrospective. The first entry is an Olly Moss poster for Hayao Miyazaki's My Neighbor Totoro.
The next entry in the series will be Studio Ghibli’s Porco Rosso.
MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO
Artist: Olly Moss
Size: 20” x 36”
Edition: 400 Regular / 150 Variant
Price: $50 / $90
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Dec. 14, 2011, 9:07 p.m. CST
Dec. 14, 2011, 9:11 p.m. CST
Dec. 14, 2011, 9:20 p.m. CST
I usually don't like Mondo stuff. But these posters are fantastic. I sincerely hope they end up making a Princess Mononoke poster. That movie was 10 gallons of awesome epic badassery crammed into a .75 gallon hat.
Dec. 14, 2011, 10:38 p.m. CST
Really cool stuff!
Dec. 15, 2011, 12:17 a.m. CST
Miyazaki's a treasure.
Dec. 15, 2011, 12:55 a.m. CST
Definitely one of the best ones I've seen. Makes me envious of all those who may get hands on these.
Dec. 15, 2011, 1:27 a.m. CST
Beautiful posters, great use of color tones and shadow, as Olly always does...But, I was really thrown out of the mood by the same texture brush used in both trees that form the 'ears'. 2/3 down on the left side of both they have an identical pattern, really distracting. But they're still rad.
Dec. 15, 2011, 3:26 a.m. CST
Dec. 15, 2011, 5:53 a.m. CST
... DAMN that movie was depressing. So depressing, they needed Totoro after it on a double feature to avoid suicides. True story.
Dec. 15, 2011, 7:04 a.m. CST
Dec. 15, 2011, 7:13 a.m. CST
That's what every story promoting "Mondo" says to me.
Dec. 15, 2011, 9:55 a.m. CST
by Nick Friesen
Never heard of Mondo until now and wow. I love the Totoro shot. I can't wait to see more of Ghibli's work done this way. Princess Mononoke would be glorious!
Dec. 15, 2011, 11:28 a.m. CST
It would be epic to give him a Studio Ghibli themed room. And this would be the perfect start.
Dec. 15, 2011, 3:03 p.m. CST
by Liquid Pony
AICN is the worst thing that ever happened to Mondo. Or, more likely, the worst thing that ever happened to me. It used to be possible to actually buy posters from mondotees.com. No more. Now the website freezes while a bunch of dickheads order posters so that they can sell them on eBay for $1,000.00.
Dec. 16, 2011, 9:44 a.m. CST
by Liquid Pony
Thanks for pimping this shit so that it sells out in two minutes to a bunch of pricks who ALREADY HAVE THE POSTERS UP ON EBAY.
I'm sure Mondo doesn't share your bitchy sentiment.
- Two New AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic-Con Posters Reveal… -- 302 total posts 302 posts
- UPDATED! Has Marvel's DOCTOR STRANGE Casting Search Gone To Phoenix? -- 194 total posts 194 posts
- SDCC '14: Another snap of Batfleck from BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 366 total posts 139 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint talks about the surprisingly good 5-ish minutes of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles shown at the Con! -- 120 total posts 120 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint has seen the new Interstellar trailer! Plus The Rock and Spongebob stuff! -- 120 total posts 120 posts
- Mark Hamill referred to his beard for STAR WARS: EPISODE VII as "contractually-obligated"!! Does that confirm what we've been hearing?? -- 294 total posts 110 posts
- Footage of discarded concept art, interviews with Tim Burton and Kevin Smith, and Nicolas Cage in flight in this trailer for THE DEATH OF SUPERMAN LIVES! -- 88 total posts 88 posts
- FIFTY SHADES OF GREY Trailer Is Like Daaaaayuuuuuuum! -- 320 total posts 74 posts
- "This is a classic alternate reality situation...like FRINGE!" Get wet with the red-band trailer for HOT TUB TIME MACHINE 2! -- 126 total posts 73 posts
- Patrick Wilson drops out of ANT-MAN!! -- 67 total posts 67 posts