AICN Anime - Mondo Reveals the First Poster in Its Studio Ghibli Series
Mondo, the makers of highly sought after, highly limited posters, announced its partnership with Studio Ghibli, presenting a series coinciding with GKids/New York International Children's Film Festival's Ghibli retrospective. The first entry is an Olly Moss poster for Hayao Miyazaki's My Neighbor Totoro.
The next entry in the series will be Studio Ghibli’s Porco Rosso.
MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO
Artist: Olly Moss
Size: 20” x 36”
Edition: 400 Regular / 150 Variant
Price: $50 / $90
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Dec. 14, 2011, 9:07 p.m. CST
Dec. 14, 2011, 9:11 p.m. CST
Dec. 14, 2011, 9:20 p.m. CST
I usually don't like Mondo stuff. But these posters are fantastic. I sincerely hope they end up making a Princess Mononoke poster. That movie was 10 gallons of awesome epic badassery crammed into a .75 gallon hat.
Dec. 14, 2011, 10:38 p.m. CST
Really cool stuff!
Dec. 15, 2011, 12:17 a.m. CST
Miyazaki's a treasure.
Dec. 15, 2011, 12:55 a.m. CST
Definitely one of the best ones I've seen. Makes me envious of all those who may get hands on these.
Dec. 15, 2011, 1:27 a.m. CST
Beautiful posters, great use of color tones and shadow, as Olly always does...But, I was really thrown out of the mood by the same texture brush used in both trees that form the 'ears'. 2/3 down on the left side of both they have an identical pattern, really distracting. But they're still rad.
Dec. 15, 2011, 3:26 a.m. CST
Dec. 15, 2011, 5:53 a.m. CST
... DAMN that movie was depressing. So depressing, they needed Totoro after it on a double feature to avoid suicides. True story.
Dec. 15, 2011, 7:04 a.m. CST
Dec. 15, 2011, 7:13 a.m. CST
That's what every story promoting "Mondo" says to me.
Dec. 15, 2011, 9:55 a.m. CST
by Nick Friesen
Never heard of Mondo until now and wow. I love the Totoro shot. I can't wait to see more of Ghibli's work done this way. Princess Mononoke would be glorious!
Dec. 15, 2011, 11:28 a.m. CST
It would be epic to give him a Studio Ghibli themed room. And this would be the perfect start.
Dec. 15, 2011, 3:03 p.m. CST
by Liquid Pony
AICN is the worst thing that ever happened to Mondo. Or, more likely, the worst thing that ever happened to me. It used to be possible to actually buy posters from mondotees.com. No more. Now the website freezes while a bunch of dickheads order posters so that they can sell them on eBay for $1,000.00.
Dec. 16, 2011, 9:44 a.m. CST
by Liquid Pony
Thanks for pimping this shit so that it sells out in two minutes to a bunch of pricks who ALREADY HAVE THE POSTERS UP ON EBAY.
I'm sure Mondo doesn't share your bitchy sentiment.
- Capone believes that FAST & FURIOUS 6 is the best in a bizarre, crowded franchise!!! -- 99 total posts 33 posts
- Beware Epileptics - we have a new motion poster for the upcoming remake of CARRIE! -- 82 total posts 22 posts
- Spoilery early review of MAN OF STEEL!! -- 437 total posts 19 posts
- The Friday Docback Revisits DOCTOR WHO Season 7!! A Fuller Review Of 'The Name of the Doctor,' And More!! -- 91 total posts 16 posts
- Jim Jarmusch's vampire flick ONLY LOVERS LEFT ALIVE gets picked up for U.S. distribution by Sony Pictures Classics!! -- 29 total posts 15 posts
- New trailer for Casey Affleck and Rooney Mara's upcoming western, AIN'T THEM BODIES SAINTS!! -- 55 total posts 14 posts
- Capone says the stunning 3-D visuals elevate the standard-issue plot of EPIC!!! -- 41 total posts 14 posts
- Papa Vinyard thinks that HANGOVER: PART III was a paycheck grab for a buncha people who are already rich!! -- 213 total posts 13 posts
- Capone makes the case that THE HANGOVER PART III is neither a comedy nor a movie!!! -- 72 total posts 13 posts
- Harry dives into STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS' spoilers to reveal the truth behind the blockbuster we're seeing! -- 1483 total posts 12 posts