AICN Anime - Mondo Reveals the First Poster in Its Studio Ghibli Series
Mondo, the makers of highly sought after, highly limited posters, announced its partnership with Studio Ghibli, presenting a series coinciding with GKids/New York International Children's Film Festival's Ghibli retrospective. The first entry is an Olly Moss poster for Hayao Miyazaki's My Neighbor Totoro.
The next entry in the series will be Studio Ghibli’s Porco Rosso.
MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO
Artist: Olly Moss
Size: 20” x 36”
Edition: 400 Regular / 150 Variant
Price: $50 / $90
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Dec. 14, 2011, 9:07 p.m. CST
Dec. 14, 2011, 9:11 p.m. CST
Dec. 14, 2011, 9:20 p.m. CST
I usually don't like Mondo stuff. But these posters are fantastic. I sincerely hope they end up making a Princess Mononoke poster. That movie was 10 gallons of awesome epic badassery crammed into a .75 gallon hat.
Dec. 14, 2011, 10:38 p.m. CST
Really cool stuff!
Dec. 15, 2011, 12:17 a.m. CST
Miyazaki's a treasure.
Dec. 15, 2011, 12:55 a.m. CST
Definitely one of the best ones I've seen. Makes me envious of all those who may get hands on these.
Dec. 15, 2011, 1:27 a.m. CST
Beautiful posters, great use of color tones and shadow, as Olly always does...But, I was really thrown out of the mood by the same texture brush used in both trees that form the 'ears'. 2/3 down on the left side of both they have an identical pattern, really distracting. But they're still rad.
Dec. 15, 2011, 3:26 a.m. CST
Dec. 15, 2011, 5:53 a.m. CST
... DAMN that movie was depressing. So depressing, they needed Totoro after it on a double feature to avoid suicides. True story.
Dec. 15, 2011, 7:04 a.m. CST
Dec. 15, 2011, 7:13 a.m. CST
That's what every story promoting "Mondo" says to me.
Dec. 15, 2011, 9:55 a.m. CST
by Nick Friesen
Never heard of Mondo until now and wow. I love the Totoro shot. I can't wait to see more of Ghibli's work done this way. Princess Mononoke would be glorious!
Dec. 15, 2011, 11:28 a.m. CST
It would be epic to give him a Studio Ghibli themed room. And this would be the perfect start.
Dec. 15, 2011, 3:03 p.m. CST
by Liquid Pony
AICN is the worst thing that ever happened to Mondo. Or, more likely, the worst thing that ever happened to me. It used to be possible to actually buy posters from mondotees.com. No more. Now the website freezes while a bunch of dickheads order posters so that they can sell them on eBay for $1,000.00.
Dec. 16, 2011, 9:44 a.m. CST
by Liquid Pony
Thanks for pimping this shit so that it sells out in two minutes to a bunch of pricks who ALREADY HAVE THE POSTERS UP ON EBAY.
I'm sure Mondo doesn't share your bitchy sentiment.
- First Trailer for EDGE OF TOMORROW, Starring Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt! -- 231 total posts 231 posts
- Sony has hired a writer for BAD BOYS 3, plus updates on the MEN IN BLACK and GHOSTBUSTERS franchises!! -- 283 total posts 203 posts
- Is Jason Clarke Our New John Connor? -- 179 total posts 179 posts
- A Poster For The Badass Looking GODZILLA!! -- 138 total posts 138 posts
- Ohmygod Ohmygod, you guys! The Godzilla trailer! -- 676 total posts 119 posts
- Our First Sense Of Uni's FAST AND THE FURIOUS 7 Strategy?? -- 118 total posts 118 posts
- DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES Teaser Posters Portend The Arrival Of Next Week's Trailer!! -- 111 total posts 111 posts
- WORLD WAR Z 2 is a go and Paramount has found a director to helm the sequel. -- 159 total posts 88 posts
- Samuel L. Jackson in Talks for David Yates' TARZAN! -- 73 total posts 73 posts
- Trailer for LEGENDS OF OZ: DOROTHY'S RETURN! -- 143 total posts 69 posts