Houston! We're Off To See The Wizard At This Month's Houston Alamo Kids Club!
We debated for quite some time about what film we would show for Thanksgiving at the Houston Alamo Kids Club. Ideas came and went, and we tried to square away some pretty terrific movies that we'll hopefully be able to show next year. But when it comes to great family films to celebrate the holidays with, they don't get bigger than THE WIZARD OF OZ. I've seen it, oh, probably about 20 times. I'm sure that's nowhere near the record, either - whenever it played on television when I was a kid I made it a point to watch. It's still probably the greatest fantasy film of all time, full of whimsy and beauty, and we will be playing it this Saturday as part of the Houston Alamo Drafthouse Kids Club, co-sponsored by Ain't It Cool News and 8th Dimension Comics and Games.
No gimmicks with this screening - just one of the greatest films of all time, projected on the big screen, for families to savor and enjoy. We're screening it at 11:00 AM, this Saturday, at the Alamo Drafthouse Mason Park, and if you've never seen THE WIZARD OF OZ before (how that's possible I can't begin to guess, but I'm certain there are many kids who have never experienced it) this is the perfect way to see it. I myself have never seen it on the big screen before, so this will be a special treat. As always, the Houston Alamo Kids Club is free and we invite you all to come. Information available here!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Nov. 23, 2011, 12:18 p.m. CST
reports from Raimi's Oz movie. A coworker quit a few months ago, because he was hired as an extra (the guy stood about 6'8", I think cast for a palace guard). And I know they've been shooting for months..so where's the scoop?
Nov. 24, 2011, 12:59 a.m. CST
by Dr Eric Vornoff
I've seen a few little tidbits from Raimi's film around the web but nothing here or over on CHUD. Strangely, the geek sites didn't even report that Bruce Campbell's part had been cut.
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 102 total posts 25 posts
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 19 total posts 19 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 507 total posts 10 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 13 total posts 7 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 263 total posts 7 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 219 total posts 5 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 26 total posts 3 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 21 total posts 3 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 332 total posts 3 posts
- AICN HORROR looks at PROXY! THE LASHMAN! 13 SINS! CAMP DREAD! ROULETTE! POSEIDON REX! CONFINE! DEATH DO US PART! PSYCHOPHONY: AN EXPERIMENT IN EVIL! MONSTERS TV Series! HOWLS! & WOLF CREEK 2! -- 10 total posts 2 posts