Win a Copy of Takashi Miike's Zebraman 2, along with A Zebraman T-Shirt
Well known anime distributor FUNimation continues its roll-out of interesting live action genre titles with Zebraman 2: Attack on Zebra City Copy, scheduled to be released on DVD and Blur-rau November 29th.
In this flick, ever prolific and trangressive Takashi Miike brings back his frequently belittled schlub and tokusatsu fanboy, turned super hero Zebraman. This time, the playing against yakuza heavy type Show Aikawa awakens in a distopian future, patrolled by a Mini Skirt Zebra Police, under the sway of the Lady Gaga-esque evil Zebra Queen.
If you're worried that a Miike family movie might not live up to Ichi the Killer/13 Assassins more overtly extreme entries in his resume, wait to you get to Zebraman2's sublimely weird safe sex message.
The year is 2025. Tokyo has fallen, and the world cries out for a hero. It cries for Zebraman. This striped crime fighter is the only hope for those who live in fear of the Zebra Queen, a hooved seductress out to conquer the world with the aide of her Miniskirt Zebra Police. The Queen has stolen Zebraman’s powers and instituted Zebra Time: ten horrifying minutes each day when murder is legal! Without his super strength, Zebraman is just a guy with a mane – a broken-down hero unable to stop the onslaught of evil. Before he can take a bite out of the bad guys, Zebraman must find the young girl who holds the secret to regaining his ass-kicking powers and prove, once and for all, that a hero never changes his stripes!
In honor of the movie's release, AICN has five copies of Zebraman 2, plus Zebraman t-shirts to give away.
Enter to win by sending an e-mail with the subject line "Zebraman" and your postal address to email@example.com by November 30th. Sorry, but this restricted to residents of the United States.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Dec. 2, 2011, 3:13 a.m. CST
Dec. 3, 2011, 1:54 p.m. CST
May 30, 2012, 9:50 a.m. CST
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 67 total posts 67 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 112 total posts 35 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 277 total posts 21 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 515 total posts 18 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 35 total posts 12 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 14 total posts 8 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 23 total posts 5 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 219 total posts 5 posts
- AICN HORROR looks at PROXY! THE LASHMAN! 13 SINS! CAMP DREAD! ROULETTE! POSEIDON REX! CONFINE! DEATH DO US PART! PSYCHOPHONY: AN EXPERIMENT IN EVIL! MONSTERS TV Series! HOWLS! & WOLF CREEK 2! -- 12 total posts 4 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 333 total posts 4 posts