Win a Copy of Takashi Miike's Zebraman 2, along with A Zebraman T-Shirt
Well known anime distributor FUNimation continues its roll-out of interesting live action genre titles with Zebraman 2: Attack on Zebra City Copy, scheduled to be released on DVD and Blur-rau November 29th.
In this flick, ever prolific and trangressive Takashi Miike brings back his frequently belittled schlub and tokusatsu fanboy, turned super hero Zebraman. This time, the playing against yakuza heavy type Show Aikawa awakens in a distopian future, patrolled by a Mini Skirt Zebra Police, under the sway of the Lady Gaga-esque evil Zebra Queen.
If you're worried that a Miike family movie might not live up to Ichi the Killer/13 Assassins more overtly extreme entries in his resume, wait to you get to Zebraman2's sublimely weird safe sex message.
The year is 2025. Tokyo has fallen, and the world cries out for a hero. It cries for Zebraman. This striped crime fighter is the only hope for those who live in fear of the Zebra Queen, a hooved seductress out to conquer the world with the aide of her Miniskirt Zebra Police. The Queen has stolen Zebraman’s powers and instituted Zebra Time: ten horrifying minutes each day when murder is legal! Without his super strength, Zebraman is just a guy with a mane – a broken-down hero unable to stop the onslaught of evil. Before he can take a bite out of the bad guys, Zebraman must find the young girl who holds the secret to regaining his ass-kicking powers and prove, once and for all, that a hero never changes his stripes!
In honor of the movie's release, AICN has five copies of Zebraman 2, plus Zebraman t-shirts to give away.
Enter to win by sending an e-mail with the subject line "Zebraman" and your postal address to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 30th. Sorry, but this restricted to residents of the United States.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Dec. 2, 2011, 3:13 a.m. CST
Dec. 3, 2011, 1:54 p.m. CST
May 30, 2012, 9:50 a.m. CST
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 159 total posts 134 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 122 total posts 78 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 180 total posts 37 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 556 total posts 33 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 176 total posts 19 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 104 total posts 14 posts
- ‘There Is Only One Hell!!’ Stannis, Davos, Melissandre, Varys, Bran, Hodor, Reek And The Bastard Of Bolton Return For Tonight’s Big Second GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 355 total posts 8 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 191 total posts 7 posts
- Check Out Thomas Haden Church in this Trailer for WHITEWASH! -- 63 total posts 7 posts
- In Many Ways We Need Each Other!! Graham & Lecter Reform Their Crimefighting Team On HANNIBAL!! New WHOSE, FIVE-0, BLOODS, UNFORGETTABLE, DIXIE, GUNS, LAST & SMACKDOWN!! Return Of THE WRITERS’ ROOM!! HANGER 1 Finale!! Shatner On CRAIG!! Herc’s Friday TV Talkback!! -- 26 total posts 6 posts